The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Items in Focus Stores?

TenTonneSkeleton

So, I'm one of those people that have maxed out every focus school. Grinding at first, but later just passively building up focus in normal missions. I now have well over 10mil extra focus just sitting there. So I'm making this post because I would like to see some new items in the focus stores to spend my extra focus on. Maybe some expendable non-cosmetic items. Cosmetics are great and all but you only need to buy them once. And personally i don't find them terribly attractive anyway. Emblems would be neat if they looked a bit cooler, but whatever.

So I was thinking each focus school could get different items giving further incentive to invest in multiple schools. Mostly consumable items.

Univeral Standing Medallion - simply convert focus to useful standing for other factions

Universal Exilis Forma - there are some frames where I like to swap out exilis mods for different content. Sometimes I need the extra enemy radar for example. we have it for auras, why not exilis?

Operator Arcanes - could be new ones or alternative means of getting some of the ones we already have

Amp Arcane Adapter

Operator cosmetics for that school - yeah I said no cosmetics, but why not?

Amp skins

Resource, affinity, mod boosters. - maybe just really short ones like 6hrs or something

getting on to some of the wilder ideas i had:

Vosfor - exchange rate would have to make sense

New amps? Maybe some rotating amp parts as an alternative way of getting those?

Beacons for special mission operator only focused mission type with unique rewards. Basically a test of operator equipment and focus skills. Maybe some puzzles involved, idk

Augment Mod Slot Adapter - yup, i said it. I know this is a hotly debated topic but i still think this would be a nice thing to have. (one possible way to balance this is to have all the augments take up a variable amount of capacity based on usage with something that everyone uses like Despoil taking the highest amount, while something nobody uses taking the lowest.) Installing the adapter would actually take a significant amount of resources unique that that frame. Toroids and Gems for Garuda for example, would give us a reason to use some of those dead resources like Hexenon for example if you were installing the adapter on Wisp. Altenratively, you would consume an augment mod building the adapater which would lock in what additional resources you needed similar to how focus lenses work in the foundry. Augments still taking capacity means you may need to sacrifice other areas of your frames stats to fit them.

Item that makes a riven untradable but allows you to lock stats. hahaha, for those of us with terrible rng. stats might still be random, but maybe you can tell the riven roller never to roll certain stats for that specific riven. Idk, just a little less rng would be nice.

Edited by TenTonneSkeleton
  • Like 5

i would agree, the focus schools market to convert the Standing into something else more useful is an excellent thought!

• Operator Arcane = Buy and it generate perhaps Random?
  • Warframe Arcane = (as in sanctum) random based on pick = from that Faction.
  • Spend Focus = Get an Pre-built?
    - Exilus Adapter
    - Forma
    - Gamble for (Legendary core)? "or get other mods"

Some ideas i had for your focus store additions!

We're doing this again? I have millions of Focus with no use for them. I'm reaching 1 billion Credit with nothing to spend it on. Getting 10 million Endo even though all my mods are maxed out. There's so many other resource with no sink for them at all. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ominumi said:

We're doing this again? I have millions of Focus with no use for them. I'm reaching 1 billion Credit with nothing to spend it on. Getting 10 million Endo even though all my mods are maxed out. There's so many other resource with no sink for them at all. 

You really have to go out of your way to farm that much endo and credits. Plus, you can always spend it to max primed mods and flip for plat, so there is actually a very valid and lucrative sink for both of those resources.

Having resource sinks benefits DE. Always having things to grind for means players keep playing. When you have everything and have done everything, why play anymore? Warframe, being an MMO has every reason to perpetuate the grind, vs a game that you only pay once for, beat and then shelve.

Focus is one of those things that just keeps building up passively no matter what you do. You don't have to go out your way to farm for it unlike so many other things in the game. Having a sink for excess focus just makes sense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

You really have to go out of your way to farm that much endo and credits. Plus, you can always spend it to max primed mods and flip for plat, so there is actually a very valid and lucrative sink for both of those resources.

Having resource sinks benefits DE. Always having things to grind for means players keep playing. When you have everything and have done everything, why play anymore? Warframe, being an MMO has every reason to perpetuate the grind, vs a game that you only pay once for, beat and then shelve.

Focus is one of those things that just keeps building up passively no matter what you do. You don't have to go out your way to farm for it unlike so many other things in the game. Having a sink for excess focus just makes sense.

I don't think you understand. There are people will millions of EVERY resource in the game with no use for them all and no way to use any of it either. Focus is just one of those resources. DE needs to make dump for ALL resources. Not just Focus, or Bile, or Endo.

• Like 1

Universal medallions would be my starting point suggestion. That is the easiest way to get consumables over time without needing to design anything new. Downside being that it would make new syndicates too easy to complete. 

Other resources can be sold for credits, which has some use. Focus has no exchange rate into a consumable at all.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, yoritomosomori said:

Universal medallions would be my starting point suggestion. That is the easiest way to get consumables over time without needing to design anything new. Downside being that it would make new syndicates too easy to complete. 

Other resources can be sold for credits, which has some use. Focus has no exchange rate into a consumable at all.

I like this one a lot. Makes perfect sense. Just to be able to convert focus to standing for other factions would be super useful and I'd shut up about the whole thing. I'll add it to the OP.

The more I think about the more I like the idea of operator only missions accessible by purchasable beacons with some of the other rewards talked about. Focus is basically xp for your operator. I don't think there is anywhere else you can use warframe/weapon affinity as a currency, so maybe buying items like forma doesn't make that much sense. im not sure. But purchasing beacons where you CAN get that stuff does make sense I think.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TenTonneSkeleton said:

The more I think about the more I like the idea of operator only missions accessible by purchasable beacons with some of the other rewards talked about. Focus is basically xp for your operator

Having and Weekly "Operator" ONLY mission like the Kahl (but not as boring) would be very fun to be honest, i LOVE the idea!

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Someone mentioned gambling. I don't know how it would fit into the game, but being able to gamble with all my excess focus sounds like a lot of fun.

A focus slot machine, that would be funny. But what would we gamble for though that would fit within the games architecture? I think mission beacons are probably our best bet. RNG is gambling is it not?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2024-06-14 at 12:22 PM, TenTonneSkeleton said:

Universal Standing Medallion

Agreed on this since it's not very useful to begin with. Not sure why it's so hard to attain.
I'd also ask about Synthetic Eidolon Shards for 25 or 50k. Though one could argue it throws daily limits a bit out of whack. Weekly/daily purchase limits can mitigate that issue.