Update 36: Jade Shadows

[DE]Megan

On 2024-06-20 at 5:40 PM, Cohi333 said:

Literally getting to see enemies burst into teal flame or zap with red lightning was one the the cooler visual effects in the game and was just in general a nice customization option.

removing this was definitely not a good idea in my opinion.

Not intending to spam forums to get this fixed, but I will say I agree with this post to draw as much attention to this as possible.

I genuinely do not want to play if my fashion oriented weapons lose their effect colors. 
My entire Dante build was already dying, and they fully killed all of it's enjoyment now by taking the aesthetic of coating enemies in different types of "magic." (colored Energy.)

Some have argued this is a stupid thing to complain about, but in that same vein, it's a stupid thing to change.

• Like 5

On 2024-06-18 at 10:43 AM, GreyEnneract said:
  • Status Effects no longer inherit Energy Colors, so players can more easily identify when an enemy is affected by a Status Effect.

Not gonna lie this kinda ruined the update for me.

Literally no one complained about this, and it looked cool as hell.
    The status effects are already quite visible, and even hover above the enemy.
    Now it's not even an option, just removed.
    Very lame and a worthless change.

Gonna have to second this pretty lame and literally no one asked for or complained about this and I don't know about everyone else but I could honestly see my elemental effects better when I changed the colours on them and it helped with fashion. I mean maybe I like having bright pink fire procs or green ice procs or white electricity procs and. And I specifically chose certain elemental effects purely because of how cool they looked with certain colours. Now that's ruined and I'm honestly having a harder time seeing certain elemental effects like magnetic I think it was you can barely see it.

And honestly this is gonna make playing Chroma a little weird since elemental effects are tied into his powers because your gonna have the base colours for elemental effects but then everything is gonna be what you changed the colours to.

Reverse this DE literally no one asked for this nor complained about it. 

O and while I'm at it are we ever gonna get a visual update for exalted blades energy waves? Seeing the new visuals for the energy waves shot out by hate at the end of the quest when it was empowered by Jade looked so good and the ones for exalted blade look pretty outdated in comparison.

Edited by Phoenixx909
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Phoenixx909 said:

I specifically chose certain elemental effects purely because of how cool they looked with certain colours. Now that's ruined and I'm honestly having a harder time seeing certain elemental effects like magnetic I think it was you can barely see it.

This update in itself taught me that Viral status effect is a weird cyan color. This whole time, I thought Viral was Magenta by default. 
It was only able to tell me that when I slapped on a weapon with no other elements, though. As it stands right now, seeing anything under the effects of Heat, Cold, or Radiation statuses is damn near impossible.

Magnetic effect looks pretty damn trippy, especially now that it inflicts a guaranteed electric proc when the target's shields reach zero, but I used to use a Purple+Yellow energy combination that made the effect really mesmerizing.

Since the update dropped, I have felt less encouraged to build any statuses at all.

• Like 2

I have basically nothing bad to say about this update in particular. You've managed to:

Spoiler

1. Pull a curveball NOBODY had on their bingo card
2. Not answer a single question about the oft-cited 'jade light,' in the quest about the one most suited to 'shed some light' on the matter
3. Make one of the singlemost disturbing/cursed/unholy character designs of all time
4. Make the strongest entrant into the grimdark arena since daemonculabas, as a class act without an ounce of blood or gorror
5. Genuinely top Orphan of Kos
6. Vindicate Stalker as the patron saint of edgelords and usurp Umbra as 'dad frame'
7. Finally make a single good-looking human character (that captain-what's-her-face)
8. Go completely over the heads of 99.9% of the playerbase, who are absolutely going to butcher the lore contents of it

In just the quest alone. Outside of that, the damage rework is huge for the health of the game. I can't understate how much it opens up the barriers to entry. 

Honestly the only gripe that comes up in recent memory is while the Circuit is now bearable with checkpointed progress, Duviri itself is STILL extremely unappealing - purely from a technical standpoint - when a host migration can wipe your half hour+ of resource farming. And to salt the wound the nodes stay depleted after it too, so the entire run gets arbitrarily scrapped and it's completely out of your hands, just because matching put you in as a client and not host. 

Oh, and I guess group Alchemy could do with tuning - it's notorious as a "slow" game mode when it comes to Omnia fissures because the progress scaling in multiplayer appears entirely proportional to the player count, which works out to slower than if someone solos the mode, focusing on the objective. Some players will spend all their time just chasing down mobs. I'd recommend retuning its multiplayer scaling to ~2-2.5x at most instead of the seeming 4x of current.

On 2024-06-18 at 5:19 PM, [DE]Megan said:

The following Mods are no longer eligible to be traded or sold from Inventory. Essentially, they have been given the same treatment as Mentor’s Legacy to prevent players from removing Mods that can only be acquired once. If you have already sold the following Mods, you can submit a ticket to our fantastic Support Team at support.warframe.com

• Mountain's Edge Stance Mod
    • Awarded from completing The Duviri Paradox Quest. 
  • Thermia Fracture Rewards - these were already untradeable, we’ve just also made them unsellable from Inventory: 
    • Amalgam Serration 
    • Amalgam Organ Shatter  
    • Amalgam Barrel Diffusion 
    • Amalgam Shotgun Barrage 
  • Daily Tribute Milestone Login Rewards these were already untradeable, we’ve just also made them unsellable from Inventory: 
    • Primed Vigor 
    • Primed Shred 
    • Primed Sure Footed
    • Primed Fury

how about adding these to simaris' offerings as well so we can buy multiples if we need them for build flexibility?

• Like 2

On 2024-06-18 at 10:19 AM, [DE]Megan said:

In order to make utilizing finishers easier, we have updated how they function to unify their mechanics: 

• Increased the Finisher context action distance for Finishers from in front or behind from 2m to 3m.
  • Ground finishers are now performed via context action instead of automatically via Melee Attack input. This should allow players to execute Ground Finishers much more reliably.
    • The “Ground Finisher” context action will appear on enemies in range who are open to Ground Finishers.

and YET we STILL cant link it to MELEE attacks.....I REALLY do not want to have to make a macro that presses my Use Key every 2 seconds when holding my Melee key.....(I recently moved from 'X' to 'Q' for use to make it flow easier since there are so many mercy finishers now lol)

• Like 1