The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, A Recomendation For All Bows You Are Making In The Future

lautalocos

we now have a bow with focus on each kind of damage. thats really good, but all of those stats are almost the same, the difference is only in which kind of damage

my recomendation is that from now on, you go crazy with each kind of bow. make some faster, some slower, some elemental, some with faster projectiles, maybe one that shoots 2 arrows at the same time.

the possibilities are endless, don´t waster them on copy-paste weapons.

as an example, wouldnt it be cool to have a toxic bow with fast firerate but low base damage? quickly posion each enemy, go back to cover and wait for them to die.

also, for every weapon in general, make them have some exceptions (make a note of them in the codex)

what i mean with this is that, as an example, maybe the toxic damage from that toxic bow i spoke off lasts until the enemy dies, or make it have a 100% proc chance but only if you use the base element.

go crazy, let your imagination flow, and for the love of god, make a fast fire rate bow

A bow by its very nature is not a rapid-firing weapon. I think keeping their current damage focuses while giving their secondary damages a slight buff would do wonders to help them keep up with the other primaries in this game. Vectis alone pretty much puts all the bows to shame and DE apparently sees nothing wrong with it being that strong.

A bow by its very nature is not a rapid-firing weapon. I think keeping their current damage focuses while giving their secondary damages a slight buff would do wonders to help them keep up with the other primaries in this game. Vectis alone pretty much puts all the bows to shame and DE apparently sees nothing wrong with it being that strong.

im not saying crazy rapid fire, just faster than what we have now. the tenno are space ninjas, they are able to pull that string faster than an averge human.

i think the point of the vectis being so much more powerful than the bow (and by the way, maxed speed trigger and your bow is every bit as fast as the vectis) -- is that the vectis is LOUD! 

Firing a vectis alerts everything in the area. Bows... nope.

So... either you add speed trigger to the bow and have a silent assassination weapon (which adds DPS btw)

or you suppress the vectis and have it be silent. (sacrificing a mod slot for no +dps)

i don't have a problem with this balance.

i think the point of the vectis being so much more powerful than the bow (and by the way, maxed speed trigger and your bow is every bit as fast as the vectis) -- is that the vectis is LOUD! 

Firing a vectis alerts everything in the area. Bows... nope.

So... either you add speed trigger to the bow and have a silent assassination weapon (which adds DPS btw)

or you suppress the vectis and have it be silent. (sacrificing a mod slot for no +dps)

i don't have a problem with this balance.

but you have to count the time you take to take the arrow from the quiver, which is 1 second, and that is affected too by reload speed mods.

that means that instead of speed trigger, you use a sound supression mod on your vectis, and the vectis is hitscan, has no bullet drop (or arrow drop in the case of bows) and does more damage.

Let's get creative! Yeah, I like that. Perhaps something a little more like this?  

We hold three arrows and can make three shots before reloading. Or a charge shot that fire all three at once in a tight horizontal spread? 

yes, anything new to make bows a varied weapon.

they could even start making crossbows besides the ballistica.

yes, anything new to make bows a varied weapon.

they could even start making crossbows besides the ballistica.

They really need to start doing it with all weapons too, not just bows. 

Kunai and hikou, very different stats, similar outputs. This is a good kind of variety, each one works better for a different kind of player without one being better than the other. 

Paris and Cernos, very similar stats, very similar outputs, very similar outputs. This is a bad kind of variety, they work the same for every player. 

Tigris has a unique firing style, good. Its stats are inferior to shotguns it should compete with. Incomparables help with variety, but if you're trying to use them to make up for inferior comparables this is also bad variety.  Hek and Tigris work better for different players, but the Hek player will likely see better results. The Tigris needs to be more like the Ballistica to the Hek's Bolto. 

but you have to count the time you take to take the arrow from the quiver, which is 1 second, and that is affected too by reload speed mods.

that means that instead of speed trigger, you use a sound supression mod on your vectis, and the vectis is hitscan, has no bullet drop (or arrow drop in the case of bows) and does more damage.

vectis suffers from the same reload lag, as well as it's firing delay. (it's still there, don't believe me add critical delay and you'll see the difference)

end result is that they're about equivalent in terms of firing speed.

as for arrow drop... i've actually found that to be useful from time to time, but at this point we're talking about preference not raw numbers.

yes, the vectis is hit-scan and does a bit more damage than the bows. (but that can be said about virtually anything in the game) 

the soma still outclasses with 2 forma a vectis with 3-4. (trust me, i have both and can guarantee this)

it's all a matter of style in the end.

A bow by its very nature is not a rapid-firing weapon.

Yes, in comparison to guns, but it's possible to shoot arrows faster or as fast as tenno without them being nigh useless.

This video and idea have been posted to the forums before:

Having a rapid fire, lower base damage bow, possibly with a magazine to simulate this "forgotten technique"

Edited by AXCrusnik

Yes, in comparison to guns, but it's possible to shoot arrows faster or as fast as tenno without them being nigh useless.

This video and idea have been posted to the forums before:

Having a rapid fire, lower base damage bow, possibly with a magazine to simulate this "forgotten technique"

I remember seeing that video a long time ago, but would would having a bow like this really accomplish? It'd just turn into a slower primary version of the Ballistica if anything. You'd have to put in additional functionality on top of the rapid fire/charge mechanic.

If you want to put more real-world application into it, you could add mods that cause arrow shots to do a guaranteed damage over time, a-la broad-head hunting arrows that are designed to do a large amount of damage after the initial impact by severely wounding the target's internal organs as it moves around. This would be a viable alternative to mods like Thunderbolt.

Edited by Leuca

I remember seeing that video a long time ago, but would would having a bow like this really accomplish? It'd just turn into a slower primary version of the Ballistica if anything. You'd have to put in additional functionality on top of the rapid fire/charge mechanic.

If you want to put more real-world application into it, you could add mods that cause arrow shots to do a guaranteed damage over time, a-la broad-head hunting arrows that are designed to do a large amount of damage after the initial impact by severely wounding the target's internal organs as it moves around. This would be a viable alternative to mods like Thunderbolt.

So a mod that increases bleed procc?

xD funny thing is if you put on speed trigger, its almost like that with full charge damage without having to get a nerfed bow, omg holy crap, I didn't know it could do that. seriously anything that increases fire rate, increase the bows charge rate. I mean I cant get 10 arrows off in his time frame, but put puncture on maxed so it has 2.1, the that nightmare mod that gives more fire rate and puncture, along with speed trigger, and you can spam hallways no problem. all you would really need on a bow is more damage output.