Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

(Spoiler alert for the quest) Why is the stalker still hunting tenno (specifically us) after jade shadows ?

I don't get it, he literally has a child to raise so why does he still appear to fight us and say the same quotes ?

This mechanic should be retired after completing jade shadows and just introduce his weapons to somewhere else like simaris for example

At least that would leave the room for stalker's reintroduction in some other forms later 

Edit: also i'm really annoyed that we can't have a fully playable warframe in the arsenal because of lore reason but the stalker attacks us for gameplay reasons even though it contradicts with lore, kinda double standards 

Edited by Waeleto
  • Like 1

Because this quest is literally a twitch-chat meme, where someone asked DE: "Can warframes get pregnant?". I'm not joking, this happened once during a Devstream (or was it DevShorts?). However, nobody thought they would ACTUALLY act on it though... let alone make a quest about it.

But yeah. That's the quality of quest writing we get now, sorry. Nothing was lost, nothing achieved, nothing changed. Stalker's status as - well - our stalker included... It hasn't changed. It's literally a waste of time.

Edited by _Kit_Kat_Cat_
  • Like 2

Just now, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Because this quest is literally a twitch-chat meme, where someone asked DE: "Can warframes get pregnant?". I'm not joking, this happened once. Nobody thought they would however act on it though...

But yeah. That's the quality of quest writing we get now, sorry.

respectfully i disagree, i think the quest was beautiful just some things that i wish happened didn't happen 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waeleto said:

respectfully i disagree, i think the quest was beautiful just some things that i wish happened didn't happen 

It's ok to have your opinion. Even if it's clearly and obviously wrong.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, _Kit_Kat_Cat_ said:

Because this quest is literally a twitch-chat meme, where someone asked DE: "Can warframes get pregnant?". I'm not joking, this happened once during a Devstream (or was it DevShorts?). However, nobody thought they would ACTUALLY act on it though... let alone make a quest about it.

But yeah. That's the quality of quest writing we get now, sorry. Nothing was lost, nothing achieved, nothing changed. Stalker's status as - well - our stalker included... It hasn't changed. It's literally a waste of time.

Its actually oposite, during interview recently Rebecca confirmed that Steve almost spoiled quest before, she of course didnt say when it was but she said that once we play quest people will understand, well we now know she was referencing that stream where people asked if warframes can get pregnant, if you dont believe she meant this, during that stream Pablo actually acidently confirmed we would be getting pregnant warframe, because Pablo in reference to that question said: "Spoilers"

So Jade was in development before people asked if warframes can get pregnant : )

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Culaio said:

Its actually oposite, during interview recently Rebecca confirmed that Steve almost spoiled quest before, she of course didnt say when it was but she said that once we play quest people will understand, well we now know she was referencing that stream where people asked if warframes can get pregnant, if you dont believe she meant this, during that stream Pablo actually acidently confirmed we would be getting pregnant warframe, because Pablo in reference to that question said: "Spoilers"

So Jade was in development before people asked if warframes can get pregnant : )

It's true, jade shadows was even supposed to release in 2023 but they couldn't finish it on time or something like that

• Like 1

I'm going to try my best to explain how I imagine we play Warframe. I apologize if I do a poor job. 

I always consider it as we're playing Warframe non-linearly when we redo missions. The first time we complete the mission as progress in the star chart is the Tenno completing the mission, working through the star chart doing what Lotus asks and completing the quests in order.

When we redo missions, for the most part its just a gameplay experience, our Tenno is not canonically going out and doing a defense on Hydra 40 times in a row. Now, there are some exceptions like the current Operation gives excuses to redo missions, as do like Invasions. 

So I imagine Stalker continuing to hunt us is just a gameplay experience and not canon experience. 

3 hours ago, EverdarkRaven said:

So I imagine Stalker continuing to hunt us is just a gameplay experience and not canon experience. 

I believe his appearance changes after the quest no?

If that's not a bug, then that's a sign that the canon of Jade Shadows is recognized by Stalker while we're being hunted.

Just now, DrLego said:

I believe his appearance changes after the quest no?

If that's not a bug, then that's a sign that the canon of Jade Shadows is recognized by Stalker while we're being hunted.

I'm not sure, but Hunhow sent us an email saying that Stalker has left, so I think any stalker appearances in missions are non-canon. 

3 hours ago, EverdarkRaven said:

I'm not sure, but Hunhow sent us an email saying that Stalker has left, so I think any stalker appearances in missions are non-canon. 

Yeah I guess the finality of that message with the stalker mechanic just throws me off.

If it's non-canon than I guess it's not a big deal at all.