Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Status effects should inherit energy color again

If you're not aware, Jade Shadows did the following;

Status Effects no longer inherit Energy Colors, so players can more easily identify when an enemy is affected by a Status Effect.

This is, frankly, an unnecessary change that kind of disrupts fashion more than it actually helps, for two simple reasons - one, at any level of content where knowing the status effects matters, you're looking at the healthbar, not at the enemy. Two, warframe is a very chaotic game. Relying on the visual effect from a status effect to determine what an enemy is affected by is often impractical or outright impossible. Damage numbers can block it. A mildly active Jade's 4 can block it. Other status effects can make it impossible to tell what effects are there.
uwTg9Ya.png
(Butcher for example: can you tell, at a glance, what effects are on this butcher besides Heat and Cold? If the answer is 'no', of course it's no.)

Also it means my frost-themed ember throws around ice cold bolts that make enemies set on normal orange fire, which is disappointing.

Edited by ChangelingRain
image for example
  • Like 10

Totally Agreed!!! Warframe is about having options. And for a fashion point of view either. Warframe WAS a game that give us freedom do choose what colors and effects we want to see. I love to use Toxin, for exemple, but I totally dislike the green default color it has. It breaks the immersion. So now I stop using it and changed for other elements.

If we want to see the status effect hitting the enemies, We should be able to use brighter enegy colors. And for us who prefer see the enemies in detail, we can use darker colors. It is WAY BETTER.

Please, DE

Let us have in game the possibility to choose.

• Like 6

Adding to this, having status effects inherit energy colors allowed you to tell who/what applied the effect. I could have multiple weapons with heat damage, for example, and use different energy colors between them to differentiate. It also allowed you to tell if your pet applied a status instead of you, or even if another player applied it. Now, none of that is possible.

• Like 5

Yeah, personally I find it confusing now. Previously I could tell from the kind of particles what had been applied and from the color by who. I use a mecha-doggo to prime enemies and now I can't actually tell at a glance who has been primed. Having a single color for every effect also made things look less busy/overwhelming.

Not a game-breaker, but also not a helpful change for me.

• Like 3