Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Damage 2.0 Inadvertently Super-Nerfs Slash Melee Weapons

Paradox_Box

So sharp melee weapons no longer deal triple damage to infested. This severely decreases the usefulness of something like the Galatine for dealing with large groups of infested, which often find themselves within melee range. I.E. My galatine deals 1000 charge damage (I'm only equipping Killing Blow and Reflex Coil for testing purposes), which would have hit infested for 3000 damage pre-update-11, but now hit's them for 1200 as seen in-game. The following calculations based on information from the Warframe Wiki back it up.

280 (base slash charge damage) * 2.5 (Killing Blow bonus damage) * 1.5 (slash damage bonus vs infected)

+   60 (base impact charge damage) * 2.5 (Killing Blow bonus damage) * 0.5 (impact damage reduction vs infested)

+   60 (base puncture charge damage) * 2.5 (Killing Blow bonus damage) * 0.5 (puncture damage reduction vs infested)

=   1200

So all slash melee weapons just got MASSIVELY nerfed. Maybe this was the intention, but that seems unlikely considering DE kept the old triple melee damage bonus for so long and then changed is so drastically and so suddenly. Change it back please? I preferred it when my level 30 potatoed galatine could kill anything after surviving through that horrendously long charge time. You can't have a high-risk, high-reward gameplay mechanic like that without actually having a high reward.

So... because slash damage doesn't deal triple damage to infested, it's bad? It's one of the best damage types atm

the onlyst in this thread who understand how it works

btw with mods and the right weapon it´s still rly strong (e.g dakra/orthos/zoren)