Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sabot Rounds and Primed Rubido-Lined Barrel on Larkspur (Prime)

mcinnisjack0

Question

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knew whether it was a good idea to equip both Sabot Rounds and Primed Rubido-Lined Barrel on Larkspur (Prime). I know additional direct damage mods have diminishing returns, but Sabot Rounds's punch through can cause Larkspur and Larkspur Prime's beam to damage even more enemies (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Sabot_Rounds). I was wondering, were I to use Sabot Rounds, if I should replace Primed Rubido-Lined Barrel with something else, and stick with the 60% damage from Sabot Rounds.

3 answers to this question

50 minutes ago, mcinnisjack0 said:

but Sabot Rounds's punch through can cause Larkspur and Larkspur Prime's beam to damage even more enemies

Unsure if it works like that. Certain chain weapons do not benefit from Punch Through. Larkspur is my main gun let me quicklyy hop in game and check.

OK, if it hits moe enemies it is extremly inconsistent and most of the time it just alternates between 4 targets (it does the alternating also without Sabot rounds).

Edited by Zakkhar

46 minutes ago, mcinnisjack0 said:

I was wondering, were I to use Sabot Rounds, if I should replace Primed Rubido-Lined Barrel with something else, and stick with the 60% damage from Sabot Rounds.

Larkspur have very limited option due to fact it is non-crit scaling weapon, so there are a lot of free slots. I run Corrosive/Heat or pure Corosive depending on the build. I would use both, If I were to (I dont run Sabot rounds in any of my Larkspur builds).

Edited by Zakkhar

9 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Larkspur have very limited option due to fact it is non-crit scaling weapon, so there are a lot of free slots. I run Corrosive/Heat or pure Corosive depending on the build. I would use both, If I were to (I dont run Sabot rounds in any of my Larkspur builds).

Thanks. That's what I've been doing.