Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Feel Like The Lanka And Acrid Should Have Had A Combined Elemental Damage Like The Ogris

TwevOWNED

So, with the new damage system, the clan tech weapons got changed accordingly. The ignis got heat, the Torid got toxin, ect. All of the weapons got only one elemental type for their damage though, except the Ogris which got blast.

Now, I understand the reasoning behind the rocket launcher having that damage type and have no objections about the Ogris itself, but it seems odd that it was the only end of the tree weapon which had dual elements. The Lanka, for example, is the supposed "Be all end all sniper/railgun of doom" yet it cannot have both magnetic and corrosive damage to do just that. If the Lanka had magnetic rounds to begin with, which would make sense since it is of corpus design and the corpus are notorious for using railgun weapons, corrosive could then be added to make it rip through armor and shields alike, allowing the gun to become more like it should be.

The same could be said for the Acrid, another weapon which seems to have fallen off in the new update. While there is no need to bring it back to its old levels of strength, perhaps giving it viral damage instead of basic toxin will increase its usefulness. It would also make sense in the gun's design, as it is a needle gun to be used against flesh enemies, why not give it the best damage vs flesh?

Just some of my initial reactions, although I am loving how regular guns can compete with and even out scale research weapons, the higher end of said research guns should have, in my opinion, a tangible "edge" to them.

I'll go through this like a list so its easier to understand.

1. Not all Corpus Clan-tech weapons got inate elements *coughcough Dera/Supra cough cough*

2. Lanka isn't supposed to be a "be all end all" anything. It's just a very useful sniper rifle.

3. Lanka already tears through stuff. I have no clue what you're complaining about.

4. "...as it is a needle gun to be used against flesh enemies, why not give it best damage vs flesh?" Because Game balance is a thing.

5.Not as a personal put down or whatever, but it feels as though you think your opinion is the "be all end all" on what should happen. Perhaps you could tone that back a bit.

-Edited For Cursing-

Edited by LikeABawsh

I actually agree with this. After Damage 2.0, I think a possible incentive for researching weapons in a dojo would be giving research weapons an edge. They already lack polarity slots and yet they are lackluster compared to the Tenno Reinforcements. Honestly, I'd prefer my Soma against Supra, and if they added something like Magnetic to Supra, that would make it worthwhile to research right?

Jesus LikeABawsh dont be so rude he was asking a question in what he thought was fair you do not have to be so mean. I do agree acrid should be stronger towards flesh, alright on armor and weak against shield since it is a late game weapon. Now the Lanka having magnetic yes would be nice but it would once again bring it to far too powerful strength. In time with the updates this might change so wait and we shall see what happens.

I'll go through this like a list so its easier to understand.

1. Not all Corpus Clan-tech weapons got inate elements *coughcough Dera/Supra cough cough*

2. Lanka isn't supposed to be a "be all end all" anything. It's just a very useful sniper rifle.

3. Lanka already tears through S#&$. I have no clue what you're &!$$ing on about.

4. "...as it is a needle gun to be used against flesh enemies, why not give it best damage vs flesh?" Because Game balance is a thing.

5.Not as a personal put down or whatever, but it feels as though you think your opinion is the "be all end all" on what should happen. Perhaps you could tone that back a bit.

Just a bit.

A fuckton.

No need to be rude man, calm yo titties. In response to the OP though, it does feel like the "higher level" clan tech weapons got the short end of the stick with 2.0, especially the lanka, but in all honesty it isn't that bad. And yes it makes no damn sense why the base damage shouldn't be magnetic, but oh well, maybe some of the dev team will catch it or it will be mentioned enough in forums. Same with the Acrid, yes it seems like it would be Viral, but maybe it'll be changed in the future. So far I'm honestly liking what 2.0 has brought to the table, some nice balance going on, definitely the right direction. HOWEVER, clan tech weapons that cost a forma and a ton of other resources, yet still don't start with at least one polarized slot? WUT.

Shouldn't putting heat/cold damage on to the Ogris cause them to be absorbed into its innate damage type? Has anyone gone and tried this to find out? It would help to be a start if what OP is suggesting is even possible.  

It does, instead of a new element it will add to the innate blast damage

I think it would make sense for Torid to do gas damage (just 'cuz it fires bombs of poison gas).

That would be like Gas-ception. I mean, Enemy walks into gas, gets damaged, proc applies, gas erupts again. What?

IMO I would have to disagree, Toxin as it is is already fitting for Torid. What the OP was trying to say that Lanka and the other weapons should have some other combo damage since they're lackluster in Damage 2.0. They don't even have polarities. Aside from affinity, there is currently no real incentive to research them.

Jesus LikeABawsh dont be so rude he was asking a question in what he thought was fair you do not have to be so mean. I do agree acrid should be stronger towards flesh, alright on armor and weak against shield since it is a late game weapon. Now the Lanka having magnetic yes would be nice but it would once again bring it to far too powerful strength. In time with the updates this might change so wait and we shall see what happens.

Wasn't trying to be rude, my bad.

However, it isn't your place to tell me not to do so.

OT: Lanka is fine as is. Sure, maybe it's not keeping up with other clan weapons or the tenno reinforcements, but maybe DE has something in store to make it on par. If not, it doesn't matter; it's efficient enough as is.