Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Lanka Now Outdated By Sniper Rifle Which Requires Less Mastery Rank Than Lanka?

SonicSonedit

Before posting "QQ more" please read this:

Vectis doesn't have all the disadvantages that plagued Lanka for ages:

Lanka has projectile travel time, making it extremely hard to hit enemies at long and medium range (sniper rifle, heh). Vectis has a hitscan.

Lanka has charge time, making it very hard to use, impractical. Vectis shoots like all normal weapons do.

Lanka has a blinding bluish glow when fully charged making it hard to aim and making your eyes hurt after some time of playing. Vectis...well it doesn't have a charge mechanic.

With U11 it gotten worse: http://i.imgur.com/3DEsZmx.png

After U11 Lanka now has electricity as the base damage type - worst damage element even possible. Why don't you give Lanka 240 puncture / 5 slash / 5 impact?

Now, about damage:

loPe4Ol.png

nsJyYG4.png

http://dpsframe.com/

Notice that Vectis has 62,5% crit rate and Sniper Rifles heavily rely on crits when dealing with potent threat.

My problem is simple:

Game states that Lanka is better (mastery 7) than Vectis (mastery 3) while it's not. And there is a huge gap between mastery 3 and 7. So, by the time you get to rank 7 you will already have a better sniper rifle which is better then new one. What's the point to have Lanka then? This is just wrong.

Solution:

Don't get me wrong - I don't ask to nerf Vectis or buff Lanka, I don't mind Vectis being stronger stat-wise.

What needed to be fixed about Lanka is:

Reduce mastery rank to 5 or at least to 6 (or move Vectis to mastery rank 7).

Projectile speed should be at least 4 times faster.

Remove blinding bluish glow.

Slighty faster charge speed (or get rid of unique sniper rifle charge mechanic altogether).

Edit: poll: http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=5275123fe4b06cfb69b95001

Edit2: nice idea by The_Doc:

The Lanka should be the railgun from Railgun MOAs. Hitscan, punctures through dudes, sweet charge up sound, cool graphic effect.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I'm not going to say QQ some more but I will say is, if you don't like the Lanka then go with the Vectis and if you love Lanka and are upset that the Vectis is better, by now you should know that there will always be better weapons on the way, we already got threads about the Brakk out shing other sidearms, every time a new "better" weapon comes out we always get these type of threads, my 5xform'ed Supra was wrecked by the Soma and you know what, I still use my Supra and I also use the Soma, why? because I love the look and feel of the Supra and its still a good gun, hell even the Soma looks and feels cool, and hey it out classes my Supra, oh well.

Its called progression, there isn't a prime pinnacle set so there will keep being better guns, frames and items over all, so deal with it and I'm not talking about unbalanced gear, that's a different thread all together.

Edited by theangelbelow88

Nothing is wrong with Lanka or Vectis, either one can be modded to perfection...hell Snipetron Vandal is still a beast and more fun to use imo.

As a matter of fact i put 5 to 6 forma on all my guns and none of them have a hard time dropping T3 fools, even the MK-1.

Edited by 911nsidejob

if you love Lanka and are upset that the Vectis is better, by now you should know that there will always be better weapons on the way

I wouldn't mind Vectis be better if Lanka would be officially downgraded to mastery rank 5. But it requires 7. What the point for weaker weapon to have a higher requiements?

And yes, I love Lanka design, but I also like Vectis, it has very nice design either.

My problem is simple:

Games states that Lanka is better (mastery 7) than Vectis (mastery 6) while it's not. And mastery 6 and 7 is a huge gap. So, by the time you get to rank 7 you will already have a better sniper rifle. What's the point to have Lanka then? This is just wrong.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I've had the Lanka for roughly 2 days now, personally I find it rather easy to compensate the travel time. I do agree the charge light is blinding and does start to hurt my eyes if I don't get the shot off right away. As for the charge itself a maxed out Speed Trigger makes up for that nicely, the only real issue with, well all my guns lately, is that when an enemy is in my face and I shoot, the round impacts behind them because my gun is sticking through them :|

My problem is simple:

Games states that Lanka is better (mastery 7) than Vectis (mastery 6) while it's not. And mastery 6 and 7 is a huge gap. So, by the time you get to rank 7 you will already have a better sniper rifle. What's the point to have Lanka then? This is just wrong.

Mastery does not divide "better" guns from "worse" guns, it simply unlocks different weapons to prevent some form of abuse of the mastery system. (Don't ask me how but apparently it can happen)

Edited by Beecher

My problem is simple:

we currently don't know this, as there have been reports of people building Vectis at rank 4 on the wiki

I wouldn't mind Vectis be better if Lanka would be officially downgraded to mastery rank 5. But it requires 7. What the point for weaker weapon to have a higher requiements?

And yes, I love Lanka design, but I also like Vectis, it has very nice design either.

My problem is simple:

Well that's more like a rank issue and yes DE has been at times poor at choosing what rank should go with what weapons(based on stats), and that's probably what should be the point of this thread.

Side note: I use a 4xform'ed Lanka and have no plans to stop using it just because this new sniper is better, but I will agree that maybe they should drop the rank on Lanka or maybe make both guns the same rank.

Edited by theangelbelow88

I feel both guns are fine(my opinion), but I will say that their rank should be dropped.

This is basically a point of this thread.

you forgot to put Critical Delay on Vectis in your comparison. being a Bolt Action rifle, the second shot.... doesn't exist. little to no worry about RoF.

*maniacal laughter*

Thank you for pointing this out!

Well that's more like a rank issue and yes DE has been poor at choosing what rank should go with what weapons(based on stats), and that's probably what should be the point of this thread.

Side note: I use a 4xform'ed Lanka and have no plans to stop using it just because this new sniper is better, but I will agree that maybe they should drop the rank on Lanka or maybe make both guns the same rank.

I use 5x forma Lanka for 2 months now. Well I guess I will stick to Vectics because I'm tired of Projectile speed and THIS GODDAMN BLUE GLOW IN MY FACE, Lanka still deals enough damage but it's so god damn impractical because of projectile, blue glow and charge...so yeah, I guess I will use Vectis now. Hope it won't get nerfed.

Edited by SonicSonedit

I never understood why people had a hard time with the lanka

-projectile speed is still fast, and easy to compensate for except at the most extreme ranges or when the target is very fast.

-Blinding blue flash? Are you seriously playing with bloom on or something?

-Charge speed is pretty negligible with the appropriate build, and more a matter of changing your playstyle to accomodate

The lanka may be a bit harder to use, but it trounces the vectis in terms of damage per shot. I fail to see how it's worse than the vectis; the two are very much comparable.

Edited by Segolia

I never understood why people had a hard time with the lanka

-projectile speed is still fast, and easy to compensate for except at the most extreme ranges or when the target is very fast.

-Blinding blue flash? Are you seriously playing with bloom on or something?

-Charge speed is pretty negligible with the appropriate build, and more a matter of changing your playstyle to accomodate

The lanka may be a bit harder to use, but it trounces the vectis in terms of damage per shot. I fail to see how it's worse than the vectis; the two are very much comparable.

-Really? At medium range (20m - it's a range of flux goddamn rifle) Lanka misses if target decides to step aside while projectile is on the way.

-I always disable bloom and blur for every game I play. I believe I stated it a few times already.

-Yeah, it's very unique mechanic for sniper rifle.

Edited by SonicSonedit

The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.  

–In-Game Description

Disadvantages:

• Nearly impossible to hit moving target at long or even medium range due to long projectile travel time.

Taken 1:1 from WARFRAME Wiki and full of "WAT?!"

That rifle has bullet traveltime while the standard Braton and Lato does not. What is so high-velocity about it then?

Well my computers.internet just died so im on my phone.

Lowering the master of a gun would cause an upset amongst the people who worked for that rank.

Segolia pretty much said what I was going to had my internet not failed.

As for the tidbit of missing a target at medium range, thats the player not the gun. I personally have no trouble with grineer and corpus goons, infested pose the only real challenge as they are less predictable

Edited by Beecher

honestly, Lanka is the only Sniper Rifle i can reliably use. Hitscan weapons don't exist in real life. guns don't work that way. therefore, my brain cannot comprehend that. so i miss... kind've a lot. i automatically adjust for distance and lead my target a bit to compensate for travel time.

then i miss. q.q

with Lanka i can just pump out shots and not miss all the time :>

-Really? At medium range (20m - it's a range of flux goddamn rifle) Lanka misses if target decides to step aside while projectile is on the way.

-I always disable bloom and blur for every game I play. I believe I stated it a few times already.

-Yeah, it's very unique mechanic for sniper rifle.

-I can't help it if you can't aim. I (and plenty of others) have no trouble hitting anything with the lanka

-You and I must have greatly differing opinions of 'blinding'. I have never found the glow on the lanka to impede my vision

-Contrast the charge mechanic with bows, another sniper style weapon. Though it may be unique among sniper rifles, that does not make it inherently bad. I (and many others) have no problem adapting to the charge mechanic and the playstyle it encourages

Honestly, this whole thread pangs of "I can't use the lanka properly". I know many people who do just fine with the lanka, even with all these things which you claim make it objectively bad. 

I think the only really valid point here is about charged chamber/primed chamber (the latter which almost nobody has)

Edited by Segolia

-You and I must have greatly differing opinions of 'blinding'. I have never found the glow on the lanka to impede my vision

b28c2d78.png

bd606c51.png

-Contrast the charge mechanic with bows, another sniper style weapon.

First of all, bows are bows and sniper rifles are sniper rifles.

Secondly, bows can shoot uncharged shots, which is very usefulll when dealing with zerg of weaker enemies.

And finally charge mechanics on bow make you feel like you nock a arrow. On Lanka it's just a hindrance.

-I can't help it if you can't aim. I (and plenty of others) have no trouble hitting anything with the lank

Lanka misses if target decides to step aside while projectile is on the way.
while projectile is on the way.

I think you have problem reading other people's posts, Mister Elitist.

Edited by SonicSonedit