The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I don’t mind it, but is it intentional for the new beam of death to target defense objectives?

MutoManiac

Question

Does anyone know if they said anything about it staying as is? And if nobody stays near the defense objective, will it not target the cryopod? If it doesn’t target the cryopod if players are not near it, it’s a bit unintuitive and we’ll need to adjust how we play defense which is fine. Just wondering if someone knows more about the mechanics behind it. Ty

3 answers to this question

To @MutoManiac,

The beam track a tenno, when 2-3 beams hoover over a target by following you, the defense target get damaged...

So you can shot at the beam top to disable it,

Move aside to attract it far from the defense target,

Tell the Dumbo that stay ON the target to NOT DO that anymore,

PS : Also The beam seems to turn off when it hit the Jade Eximus he came from...

Edited by RLanzinger
grammar :p

Yeah the bream really needs to have its damage disabled for "hard" targets. Because it being able to damage those stationary (or in the case of Hijack "mobile" targets, tho Jade enemies seemed conspicuously absent from the Hijack mission I went on) targets it opens up the game to a new vector for griefing.

I mean there is a reason that DE actively removed essentially every avenue for players to apply radiation to themselves. Allowing something like this where the player can intentionally direct damage to a point of mission failure is just about as egregious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RLanzinger said:

To @MutoManiac,

The beam track a tenno, when 2-3 beams hoover over a target by following you, the defense target get damaged...

So you can shot at the beam top to disable it,

Move aside to attract it far from the defense target,

Tell the Dumbo that stay ON the target to NOT DO that anymore,

PS : Also The beam seems to turn off when it hit the Jade Eximus he came from...

38 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Yeah the bream really needs to have its damage disabled for "hard" targets. Because it being able to damage those stationary (or in the case of Hijack "mobile" targets, tho Jade enemies seemed conspicuously absent from the Hijack mission I went on) targets it opens up the game to a new vector for griefing.

I mean there is a reason that DE actively removed essentially every avenue for players to apply radiation to themselves. Allowing something like this where the player can intentionally direct damage to a point of mission failure is just about as egregious.

Thanks guys. I guess the new strategy is staying far away from the target which is dumb. I've also been getting around it by doing solo defense which is also dumb.