Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

This patch made me realize Caliban literally grants no blast procs

With the blast rework dropping with Jade Shadows, I was one of the three Caliban mains to actually be excited to see how Caliban would work with the new blast rework. Now before, I didn't know that Caliban never proc'd any blast stacks. Mostly because I didn't pay attention to it as it wasn't that good before. Now though, I can see that Caliban doesn't proc blast whatsoever. Either they playtested this with Caliban and realized he'll go from C- to C in the tier list and decided against it or this is just a "we forgor he existed" moment.

• Like 1

To be fair, he is not the only one. Some warframe also have abilities that inflict Blast without applying procs. Based on the wiki, that's the case of Banshee's Sound Quake, Mag's Magnetize, Nova's Molecular Prime, Octavia's Mallet, Rhino's Stomp, Sevagoth's Reap & Sow combo and Styanax's Axios Javelin. Only Gauss' Thermal Sunder and Vauban's Tesla Nervos are able to proc it (and it's more like a joke for Vauban since it's only if the ball directly hit the enemy when thrown).

So, appart for Gauss' Thermal Sunder where the core concept of the ability is to actively proc Heat and Cold and to combine them, i don't think any of these frame were meant to genuinely make use of Blast as a status effect in their kit. Instead, i think it was only to refer to something we know in game and to tie it to a known element: "It goes boom so we call it Blast" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 2