Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prelude of Might on Braton Prime doesn't work as it suppose to

kingdavid477

V2S1WeO.jpeg

image.png?ex=668662bd&is=6685113d&hm=0b152baa334cb573ae4bbf13a49de18713da410edb7d2252a95af08dfa176368&=image.png?ex=66866327&is=668511a7&hm=4a1c1dde053f5c386bcbbc8ea1a8fe78cf32a96ff10b872ca886acac09dd2b5e&=

As we can see from the first and second images above, braton prime has BASE critical multiplier of 5x for the normal and 6x for the incarnon form when my shots have less than 50% critical chance (prelude of might upgrade). So naturally, if I put vital sense to increase braton prime's critical damage multiplier, it will increase with the following formula

Normal form : 

Crit Multi = 5 + (5 x 120/100) = 11x 

Incarnon form : 

Crit Multi = 6 + (6 x 120/100) = 13.2x 

But instead as we can see in the third picture, the number of increases of crit damage isn't the same as my formula. So either Im using wrong formula to calculate it or PRELUDE OF MIGHT doesn't add BASE CRIT MULTIPLIER as shown in the description that we can read in the game but it adds FINAL CRIT MULTIPLIER. So braton prime has 2x base critical damage multiplier in normal form and 3x for the incarnon form without prelude of might upgrade. If the prelude of might actually increases FINAL CRIT MULTIPLIER then the formula will be like this

Normal form

Crit Multi = 2 + (2 x 120/100) + 3 = 7.4x

Incarnon form

Crit Multi = 3 + (3 x 120/100) + 3 = 9.6x

Which is the same as the stats shown in the third image. So, I think either DE put wrong formula or wrong description for the calculation of prelude of might upgrade.     

7 hours ago, kingdavid477 said:

So, I think either DE put wrong formula or wrong description for the calculation of prelude of might upgrade. 

Looking at it in the Sim, actual damage numbers are calculated as if Prelude was an increase to the base CD.  Which is the way it's always worked, and the way other base CD increases like Critical Parallel work and are calculated in the Arsenal.  

Before Jade Shadows, Prelude wasn't being shown at all in the Arsenal.   So the fix that was implemented is simply using the wrong calculation.  Again though, display issue only.