Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Dmg 2.0 Build.

IIJetfireII

Question

Hello everyone, 

I would like to share with ya all about ogris, yes, the weapon everyone loves and only the people who uses this weapon max, can only respond in this thread. So here's the thing.

After dmg 2.0, lot's of things changed, leaving us now only at combination elements to take faction easily by their weaknesses, unlike, the dmg 1.0, leading top kills with ogris always, and now down. top low instead..:(  in defense or survival missions. So i was thinking that if anyone knows a decent balanced-offense builds for ogris dmg 2.0 .

Here's mine- Serration maxed, max cryo-hellfire-piercing hit-infected clip (one point away to max )-stormbringer, maxed split chamber,maxed wildifre,max speed trigger and max rupture.

I am sure these mods, aren't the probably ones for balanced-offense, but i just wanted to know what mods do you all think ogris would be good against all factions even in dmg 2.0, it doesn't matter whether he's OP or not, the only thing matter making him balanced so you don't have to probably switch mods often to go with combination elemental types. it's 5x formad, but messy since dmg 2.0 has came in, and i will probably have to polarise it soon after i get more formas back from 0...and put it accordingly to it's combination balanced-offense mods. So that there won't be necessity for switching mods often alot.

Also, i am thinking to add heavy caliber due to more dmg, and firestorm for further explosion radius, but i am not sure which mods to sacrifice for it at all...

thanks in advance, looking forward to share and discuss this with you all and some assistance for it too :)

thanks for more info, so far for infested, this is my current build and its going well against high lvl waves in odd pretty much-

Serration 150%

Heavy caliber 120%

Hellfire maxed

Infected clip maxed

Speed trigger maxed

Split chamber maxed

Wildfire maxed

Firestorm maxed

well so far only remains to use ogris at maxed dmg range by increasing serration and heavy cal to maxed yet, and see it through also with rhino's roar+ rifle amp max, and it will probably will be OP completely after that, to take me to 100 waves nicely in odd without any worries :D 

And for corpus it's alot more risky and shots needs to be accurate as huryiade said, which is not good with 120% or maxed heavy cal since firestorm is added and one shot result in direct self-complete damaged, and that would be a mess, so i think probably i will stick with infested completely instead.

As for the infested, recently i've played a defense (normal map, no ODD or tower) with infested as ennemies, and to my surprise the mobs were actually jumping high up to get to me and my partner. At the beginning it's easy to get rid of them, but on later waves they simply block the path to the pod and we can't fire on it to clear the area of the infested attacking it (especially not with the Ogris which would result in suicide). It probably depends on the map, but i don't think infested are as easy to deal with anymore, even though their "high jumps" seem to be buggy still.

Edited by Huryiade

As for the infested, recently i've played a defense (normal map, no ODD or tower) with infested as ennemies, and to my surprise the mobs were actually jumping high up to get to me and my partner. At the beginning it's easy to get rid of them, but on later waves they simply block the path to the pod and we can't fire on it to clear the area of the infested attacking it (especially not with the Ogris which would result in suicide). It probably depends on the map, but i don't think infested are as easy to deal with anymore, even though their "high jumps" seem to be buggy still.

well, odd is the only the place i guess that they can't reach the top at all and addition to it, they will ignore and go for their target who's in front of them, i barely see any of them waiting for someone to come down, and the only ones i looked were only runners -_- , well it did show a sign they can't reach top places in odd for ogris or penta camping from that place, which is pretty good except when having firestorm, it would be troublesome for me to even kill the mobs below me while running and the damage would be too high on me and i can die easily over it, if others can't make it on time to revive, which happened when i used rhino with rifle amp max+roar, and boomed myself despite hitting on the ground near me and died with my rhino skin ( with 70% steel fiber too :/ ). 

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

With defense or survival missions, there usually tends to be a high place near the pod or the oxygen tank (ever wondered why it appears at places that seem randomly chosen? that's why). So going with ogris assures maximum efficacy. But not all high places are good, some of them are reachable by all enemies (not limited to infected only). So better choose wisely.