Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ogris Dmg 2.0 Build.

IIJetfireII

Question

Hello everyone, 

I would like to share with ya all about ogris, yes, the weapon everyone loves and only the people who uses this weapon max, can only respond in this thread. So here's the thing.

After dmg 2.0, lot's of things changed, leaving us now only at combination elements to take faction easily by their weaknesses, unlike, the dmg 1.0, leading top kills with ogris always, and now down. top low instead..:(  in defense or survival missions. So i was thinking that if anyone knows a decent balanced-offense builds for ogris dmg 2.0 .

Here's mine- Serration maxed, max cryo-hellfire-piercing hit-infected clip (one point away to max )-stormbringer, maxed split chamber,maxed wildifre,max speed trigger and max rupture.

I am sure these mods, aren't the probably ones for balanced-offense, but i just wanted to know what mods do you all think ogris would be good against all factions even in dmg 2.0, it doesn't matter whether he's OP or not, the only thing matter making him balanced so you don't have to probably switch mods often to go with combination elemental types. it's 5x formad, but messy since dmg 2.0 has came in, and i will probably have to polarise it soon after i get more formas back from 0...and put it accordingly to it's combination balanced-offense mods. So that there won't be necessity for switching mods often alot.

Also, i am thinking to add heavy caliber due to more dmg, and firestorm for further explosion radius, but i am not sure which mods to sacrifice for it at all...

thanks in advance, looking forward to share and discuss this with you all and some assistance for it too :)

Are you trying to rainbow in 2.0? Did you read how dmg 2.0 works?

Ogris only has blast damage, trying to add other kinds of dmg is pretty futile as far as I can tell, add more blast and buff it's overall dmg etc.

Blast is +25% to armor flesh and infested, -25% to shields and neutral to robotics, ie it's not really that viable vs corpus but it's viable vs infested and grineer.

Are you trying to rainbow in 2.0? Did you read how dmg 2.0 works?

Ogris only has blast damage, trying to add other kinds of dmg is pretty futile as far as I can tell, add more blast and buff it's overall dmg etc.

Blast is +25% to armor flesh and infested, -25% to shields and neutral to robotics, ie it's not really that viable vs corpus but it's viable vs infested and grineer.

so does that mean, there is no balance dmg against all factions?

Could you please re-phrase that? Are you asking if there is some damage type that's neither good nor bad vs all factions? There isn't, but most weapons have all 3 base damage types (Impact, Puncture and Slash) Most have more of one than the others but some have a balanced set of numbers, which means they're as "good" vs all factions, though not ideal for any of them, Brakk is an example of that, equal dmg vs all factions basically, but you can obviously mod it to be better vs each faction, there are 3 factions and 3 mod loadouts so...

Some more themed weapons only have one damage type, either one of the 3 base or one of the elemental combinations, Ignis, Orgis, Sypanse, Embolist, Acrid etc are examples of single dmg type weapons, which basically pigeon holes them to be good vs one/two factions and pretty bad vs one/two others.

More info:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/134176-explained-damage-20-builds-with-cheatsheets-being-updated/

Edited by KriLL3

oh k, then i am not sure which build should i go with, because it's all confusing and hard to remmeber using those mods for each faction, for dmg 1.0 things were easy to understand and there were even faction mods and their weaknesses and such..but lets see according to dmg 2.0 know and leave dmg 1.0 to past.

As far as i know serration, firestorm, heavy caliber and split chamber should be the common mods for ogris, but i am not able to see other mods leaving rainbow aside. so which mods do you think, would be prefferable to ogris in dmg 2.0?

It's a bit of a re-learn yeah but it's not hard, if you look at that table on wiki or the graphic on forum thread you'll understand how it works.

Not sure about orgris in 2.0, I really don't like that weapon, always felt like cheating, huge dmg and no ammo constraints.

Only real recommendations I can make is as you said use the universal mods like serration, split chamber, when it comes to elemental dmg I suggest adding more blast to it, which is fire + ice (hellfire + cryo rounds) or other mods that add some fire and another stat, it has no crit as far as I can tell so ignore all crit mods, might want to add some + status mods (Rifle aptitude/ hammer shot) to get blast's status effect (knockdown) and that blast radius one yeah.

This setup makes it good vs grineer and infested but not that good vs corpus, but you can't really make it good vs corpus, use something else vs them.

It's a bit of a re-learn yeah but it's not hard, if you look at that table on wiki or the graphic on forum thread you'll understand how it works.

Not sure about orgris in 2.0, I really don't like that weapon, always felt like cheating, huge dmg and no ammo constraints.

Only real recommendations I can make is as you said use the universal mods like serration, split chamber, when it comes to elemental dmg I suggest adding more blast to it, which is fire + ice (hellfire + cryo rounds) or other mods that add some fire and another stat, it has no crit as far as I can tell so ignore all crit mods, might want to add some + status mods (Rifle aptitude/ hammer shot) to get blast's status effect (knockdown) and that blast radius one yeah.

This setup makes it good vs grineer and infested but not that good vs corpus, but you can't really make it good vs corpus, use something else vs them.

i understand, i too, get this feeling whenever i use this weapon, and this weapon became my fav weapon as most used weapon and most used warframe- frost prime xD, but i shut it down using it less especially in-case of farming stuff or like in t3 def missions for 30 and higher waves for xp,mods and resources, same for survival, so i guess it does make ogris quite over-board weapon taking over everything like a true king with invincibility strength conquering the whole land by himself without needing his army. 

but thanks, i will keep serration and split chamber common mods with no changes on them at all, but what about heavy caliber will it do good at ogris someway too in addition with serration being there and more addition dmg with other combinations as well or will it not be enough amplify its Dmg?

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

IamSalva: though weapons with heavily biased base dmg or only an elemental dmg aren't good vs all 3 factions even modded 3 different ways, you can't really use ogris vs corpus and expect it to work well, it's whole base dmg is blast, which is bad vs shields and neutral vs robotics.

Synapse is pure electrical dmg making it awesome vs corpus and pretty crap vs everything else etc.

Edited by KriLL3

What?

apologies, i made improper line..here-

but what about heavy caliber, will it do good at ogris someway too in addition with serration being there, and more additional dmg with other combinations as well or will it not be enough to amplify its Dmg?

Edited by IIRodimusprimeII

Yeah heavy caliber should buff it's dmg at the cost of accuracy, not sure it does though, don't have that mod and haven't tried it, some weapon and mod combinations don't work, like +firerate on flux rifle/synapse.

true, but fire-rate is for increasing the ogris's chrg rate isn't it?

Here's mine- Serration maxed, max cryo-hellfire-piercing hit-infected clip (one point away to max )-stormbringer, maxed split chamber,maxed wildifre,max speed trigger and max rupture.

If you guys actually take a look at the mods, it's not too bad.

The one problem I see is piercing hit and rupture does nothing for ogris since its base is an elemental type.

Cryo with hellfire gives more blast, infested clip with stormbringer gives corrosive.  Adding wildfire at the end actually mess up the elemental combination, but putting it right after hellfire will add to the blast.

So, this is ogris with blast and corrosive.  Shields will be your bane, but it's good against everything else. 

You need: Corrosive for Grineer, Magnetic for Corpus, Fire or Viral for Infested.

You can easily fit corrosive + heat or magnetic + heat on a majority of weapons.   Corrosive + heat is generally better since corrosive does extra damage to robotics as well.  Again shields will be your bane but you can always brute force through it or mod magnetic on sentinel weapons.

On Ogris you will want to increase its Blast dmg with:

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds + Hellfire Combo (Blast)

Wildfire

Speed Trigger

As last mod i would either use a Faction's based mod or Hammershot and the other one which increases the status effect proc's chance

IamSalva: though weapons with heavily biased base dmg or only an elemental dmg aren't good vs all 3 factions even modded 3 different ways, you can't really use ogris vs corpus and expect it to work well, it's whole base dmg is blast, which is bad vs shields and neutral vs robotics.

Synapse is pure electrical dmg making it awesome vs corpus and pretty crap vs everything else etc.

Synapse + Poison = Pure Corrosive

Synapse + Heat = Pure Radiation

Synapse does well against everything.. just use your Brain.

Also Ogris will still do its blast damage but with to elemental mods on it it will get like +180% of the new element, dealing even more of that damage than it does blast.

Its only a Problem for Slash/Puncture/Impact because you can´t stack them on, just multiply what its there. For Elemenals it works completleyy different.

Edited by IamSalva

Ah right yeah forgot about electrical combos, blanked on that for some reason, but is there any point building other elemental dmg on top of elemental that isn't suitable vs the faction you're facing? Instead of you know, modding a weapon that by default is good vs that faction?

If you like the Orgis, there is no weapon similar to it. 

So if he wants to use the Orgis, ther is nothing hindering him if he builds the rigth elementals on top of Blast. 

Also Blast has know down, i found that its a good proc vs. every faction.

I really don't like ogris, would be ok if it had actual ammo constraints etc, it's used by people that stand on-top of the crate/container, aim at the pod or near it and run a macro that auto-fires it all day long while they're doing something else.

But dmg wise isn't it better to use some other weapon that's better suited vs the faction you're facing?

I'm adding my comment just in case someone stumbles upon this thread the same way i stumbled upon it now.

So, in Ogris case, there is no need for Magnetic damage for the Corpus faction, because they have a sweet spot, a weak point, rendering them as vulnerable to any type of damage as their walkers. That spot is the behind. It seems that the fortified shield can't protect from all sides, and the Corpus decided to protect their front and sides. I'm using practically only Blast damage and aiming at the floor or the wall right behind the Corpus one-shots them the same as any other enemy. Of course the tricky part is that you have to get shot right behind them, because they move a lot. The best way to check this theory is when there are more than one Corpus in a circle or line but all facing the same direction : hitting behind some and in front of some will kill only those that turn their back to the missile and the blast while the others will be protected by their shields. The only downside to this is that it requires precise aim, and in that case Heavy Caliber is automatically off the mod choices.

On Ogris you will want to increase its Blast dmg with:

Serration

Heavy Caliber

Split Chamber

Cryo Rounds + Hellfire Combo (Blast)

Wildfire

Speed Trigger

As last mod i would either use a Faction's based mod or Hammershot and the other one which increases the status effect proc's chance

or firestorm