Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Builds For Frost?

Leorion

Question

Hey guys! I have recently got frost and I am utterly confused on how I should mod him. I would appreciate any help or tips :D

Please note :

- I don't have most Corrupt Mods ...

I forma'd it once to remove the freeze ability polarity and add a Defense polarity and this is what my random putting together had achieved ~_~

4vmt.png

I want Frost to be able to focus on defense a lot...

6 answers to this question

Dedicated Frost here. Currently I'm mastery 12 (almost 13) and Frost is my mainframe.

The first thing about Frost - it's Tanky support frame with minor CC capabilities. You can build it fulltank or fulldamage, but your team will not benefit from this.

Snow Globe is your main skill. Avalanche is good CC skill when your team needs some cover (for example to revive downed teammate) or can be used as attack skill vs lowlvl enemies (lvl 20 and below). Your frist and 2nd skills are nearly useless.

Currently I'm using two builds.

Build for Corpus & Grineer - Defense and Survival missions:

I97Os9A.png

I also use this build when I'm goint to use Avalanche as attacking skill. No, you don't Continuity or Steamline - Snog Globe is very cheap (only 50 mana) and mana orbs are dropped in plenty on Defense and Survival missions.

Build for Infested Defense and Survival, Bosses and other mission types:

gXDkXAP.png

Yes, you snow globe IS usefull vs infested, if you have both Stretch and Overextended mod installed. Otherwise please, don't use your globe on infested mission, small snow globe will bring more hard then good on infested missions.

It's also good to have a big globe on speedrun missions like Capture, Spy, Deception or Sabotage. I would recommend use first build on Grineer/Corpus Rescue missions and second build on Infested Rescue missions.

To reach maximal effectivness you will need 4 Forma. But you can do just fine with 3.

It's better to use a smaller globe VS some bosses, while VS other bosses - the bigger the better. This will come with experience. About aura - it's really depends on your playstyle. I use sniper rifle, therefore I use Rifle AMP aura. You may prefer to use Energy Siphon instead.

Good luck!

Edited by SonicSonedit

Dedicated Frost here. Currently I'm mastery 12 (almost 13) and Frost is my mainframe.

The first thing about Frost - it's Tanky support frame with minor CC capabilities. You can build it fulltank or fulldamage, but your team will not benefit from this.

Snow Globe is your main skill. Avalanche is good CC skill when your team needs some cover (for example to revive downed teammate) or can be used as attack skill vs lowlvl enemies (lvl 20 and below). Your frist and 2nd skills are nearly useless.

Currently I'm using two builds.

Build for Corpus & Grineer - Defense and Survival missions:

I97Os9A.png

I also use this build when I'm goint to use Avalanche as attacking skill. No, you don't Continuity or Steamline - Snog Globe is very cheap (only 50 mana) and mana orbs are dropped in plenty on Defense and Survival missions.

Build for Infested Defense and Survival, Bosses and other mission types:

gXDkXAP.png

Yes, you snow globe IS usefull vs infested, if you have both Stretch and Overextended mod installed. Otherwise please, don't use your globe on infested mission, small snow globe will bring more hard then good on infested missions.

It's also good to have a big globe on speedrun missions like Capture, Spy, Deception or Sabotage. I would recommend use first build on Grineer/Corpus Rescue missions and second build on Infested Rescue missions.

To reach maximal effectivness you will need 4 Forma. But you can do just fine with 3.

It's better to use a smaller globe VS some bosses, while VS other bosses - the bigger the better. This will come with experience. About aura - it's really depends on your playstyle. I use sniper rifle, therefore I use Rifle AMP aura. You may prefer to use Energy Siphon instead.

Good luck!

Thank you soo much! Much appreciated :D

I like having avalanche so that I can give (smart) teammates some breathing room if we're in trouble. It can also still one shot shield ospreys up to decently high levels or damage them greatly. However, that does mean I use flow and streamline. It's up to your preference. I don't use vitality, but rather vigor in addition to redirection to majorly boost his shields