The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Suggestion - Boxer-type Frame

MWY

Description
Mwy is a powerhouse.
Her adversaries kneels as they meet her wall of punches.

Passive
Mwy deals additional blast-damage while using fist-weapons.
Mwy has 15% chance to avoid incoming weapon damage.

Abilities
1st Ability - Forward Punch
(TAP) Mwy dashes to the target and delivers a basic melee attack with 100% status chance.
(HOLD) Mwy charges a punch with damage and distance for up to 3 seconds. Enemies caught in the punch end up at her location and become ↑Lifted.

2nd Ability - Rope-a-dope
Mwy dashes a short distance backwards and increases her passive dodge chance to 65% for 3 seconds. Mwy is immune to ↓Knockdown for the duration.

3rd Ability - The Drums
While active Mwy spread the status effects of her target to nearby enemies with every attack.

4th Ability - Afterimage
Mwys moves so rapidly a specter appears. The specter mimics Mwys movement and abilites with a short delay.

General Information
Sex: Female
Mastery Rank: 0
Health: 300 (400 at Rank 30)
Shield: 350 (400 at Rank 30)
Armor: 400 (520 at Rank 30)
Energy: 175 (225 at Rank 30)
Starting Energy: 125
Sprint Speed: 1.3
Energy Polarity: Naramon
Exilus Polarity: Vazarin
Polarities: Madurai
Themes: Boxing, Concussion

Progenitor Element: Blast
Subsumed Ability: Stepback
Tactical Ability: The Drums
Sell Price: 10.000

Edited by TheShadyJester

20 minutes ago, Zakkhar said:

Atlas: Hello? Am I a joke to you?

Personally I think Atlas kit isn't well sewn together, and he falls inbetween being a brawler and a earth/ground entity, which ends up with him being neither.

Do you feel like the abilities I've written makes the frame seem too similar to Atlas?

How so?

22 minutes ago, TheShadyJester said:

Do you feel like the abilities I've written makes the frame seem too similar to Atlas?

Abilities no, thread title however, exatly Atlas. If you changed Boxer for Brawler then maybe.

9 minutes ago, -MElHiOR- said:

Atlas Landslide with charge mechanic addition + Mirage Hall of Mirrors as 4 abilitie but with only 1 copy and other abilities duplication +Sickening Pulse from Helminth...

Do you go to museums and state that pictures were indeed made by using paint? 😜

9 hours ago, TheShadyJester said:

How so?

Atlas's movements as well as his attacks via Landslide (a.k.a. his only ability worth using on him) are heavily inspired by Greek boxing along with most of the lore behind most of the names for him and his abilities.

Not too sure about the ability names, but at least a female boxing frame seems like a somewhat interesting premise.

6 hours ago, Raarsi said:

Atlas's movements as well as his attacks via Landslide (a.k.a. his only ability worth using on him) are heavily inspired by Greek boxing along with most of the lore behind most of the names for him and his abilities.

Not too sure about the ability names, but at least a female boxing frame seems like a somewhat interesting premise.

I wasn't aware that Atlas was inspired by greek boxing! Concerning the names of the abilities I wanted to make names that made it easier to visualize how they worked 

Disregarding Atlas lore I don't feel like he fits archetype DE tried to make. I suppose it's a question of age.

As per Mwys 1st ability; the inspiration was in fact much more found in Kullervos Wrathful Advance.

Where Atlas might be a "Brawler" and a heavy hitter like Rhino, I tried to make Mwy more similar to an agile frame like Gauss.

3 hours ago, TheShadyJester said:

Disregarding Atlas lore I don't feel like he fits archetype DE tried to make. I suppose it's a question of age.

More like they made earth his primary theme with the Greek mythological aspects as undertones.

Concerning the names of the abilities I wanted to make names that made it easier to visualize how they worked 

That's fair, but I meant trying to find ways of using actual boxing terminology for ability names like "jab", "hook", "haymaker" or even "rope-a-dope".  Could've even used one for the frame's name since "Mwy" a bit of an odd one.

If you take a good look at frames like Atlas and even some more recent frames like Kullervo or even Dante to some extent, DE likes to make some endeavor to respect their sources of inspiration for frames as best they can through frame and ability names.

2 hours ago, Raarsi said:

More like they made earth his primary theme with the Greek mythological aspects as undertones.

That's fair, but I meant trying to find ways of using actual boxing terminology for ability names like "jab", "hook", "haymaker" or even "rope-a-dope".  Could've even used one for the frame's name since "Mwy" a bit of an odd one.

If you take a good look at frames like Atlas and even some more recent frames like Kullervo or even Dante to some extent, DE likes to make some endeavor to respect their sources of inspiration for frames as best they can through frame and ability names.

Mwy is actually thai for boxing! 🤓

When I wrote the abilites I initially wanted to call the ability "Jab" something, but with the second part of the ability being more of a charged punch I couldn't really land a good name for it.

I really like the name I came up with for the third ability though, which I feel really matches with Mwy delivering blast damage while using fist-weapons, and then with that ability spreading the status, adding to the niche of dodging while delivering accuracy debuffs.

Rope-a-dope could be a really cool name for the 2nd ability! 🤩

• Like 1

Mwy is actually thai for boxing! 🤓

Well that definitely makes more sense.  I think at least in the US (where I am), it's spelled "muay" so that native American English speakers can almost pronounce it correctly (spoiler alert, not even close, myself included 🤣).

When I wrote the abilites I initially wanted to call the ability "Jab" something, but with the second part of the ability being more of a charged punch I couldn't really land a good name for it.

So terms for something like a charged punch could be either "haymaker" or "roundhouse" since I'm guessing it'd start with her arm pulled back before swinging, and that's more or less what those are at least in Western boxing (I'm not sure of the term in Thai boxing).

Since a jab is supposed to be a light punch, I guess she could have an ability called "Jab Volley" that could be just a flurry of punches for a decent frontal melee cleave.

4 hours ago, TheShadyJester said:

I really like the name I came up with for the third ability though, which I feel really matches with Mwy delivering blast damage while using fist-weapons, and then with that ability spreading the status, adding to the niche of dodging while delivering accuracy debuffs

It does kinda makes sense in that regard, although I'd probably recommend something more along the lines of "Drumbeats" or "Echoing Blows" so avoid confusion by players thinking "wait, there are drums?  Is she a musician?" because I wouldn't put it past some English-speaking players.

4 hours ago, TheShadyJester said:

Rope-a-dope could be a really cool name for the 2nd ability! 🤩

So the rope-a-dope is a strategy in Western boxing made famous by Muhammad Ali in which you wait out an opponent's offense and then once they've worn themselves out, that's when you take them out.

If I were making a boxing frame concept, that's definitely what I'd use for the defensive ability.