The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate rep stuck at -22,000; bugged or am I doing something wrong?

SlendySlasher

Question

Hello all, I recently unlocked syndicates. I have pledged with Red Veil, and after running a few missions I am now at -22,000 rep with them, and I have gained rep for factions I am not pledged too. Seems I am not the only one: 

I have double checked and I am indeed still pledged to Red Veil. I pledged to a different one and then back again to be sure, ran another mission, and I accrued more negative rep. Have I done something wrong or is this bugged? Every time I run missions I am losing affinity to the faction I am pledged too. Seems... backwards?

5 answers to this question

Go to Syndicate and press rank-up button if its there.

There is a limit in the negatives with the two negative ranks below neutral standing.

You've likely hit that limit due to being pledged elsewhere. Rank up to remove that limit and continue gaining standing in that pledged/allied syndicate.

Yeah this doesn't sound like a newbie getting confused about which syns they are pledged to.    It does sound like your going backwards....

• You said you pledged to someone else and then back again to make sure you were pledged to RV.     But you need to Pledge to Steel Meridian and then gain some standing and see which way the numbers for RV and Steel go..   RV should get positive gains (if your in the negative it should work towards 0.    If they both gain standing then flip flop between them and try again and see what the numbers do.

I don't see how this would be possible if you just unlocked them....  but back in the day you had to wear syndicate sigils in order to gain standing...  maybe you are x-save or some crap and you merged into an account from back in the day....  

• Go into your arsenal for that Warframe you been using and go into customization and see if they are wearing any syndicate sigils.    They are not suppose to affect standing any more.... your suppose to be free to wear any of them..    but maybe they got messed up in a patch and re-activated??  
  • In a separate test...  I think you should be pledged to RV and use a different frame in a mission and see what that does.... 

===============

Newbie advice:   Your first Syns you wanna work on should be Suda/Hex or Loka/Perrin.   Those two pairs of syndicates are the easiest to work on.  They feed into their partner and vice versa.    RV and Steel that everyone is drawn to are a trap.  You cant work on the both of them without pissing off everyone else.   You only get 1 of them and they need to be isolated.   Suda/Hex will tolerate Steel but NOT RV.    Loka/Perrin will tolerate RV but NOT Steel.   RV and Steel are like romeo and Juliet lol.   They love each other but their respective families want to kill the ones they love.  

Now stupid people will tell you that you can max out more than 3 and that's true but it is not efficient or fast.   AKA its a waste of time.   Just spend most of your time on your power Duo.

After you buy some augments and any of the junk in syndicate stores the best way to use them is to buy relic packs.  (maybe weapon ex adapters if you don't wanna pop requiem relics)

The only things that cant be traded from syndicates are the little syndicate decoration and the capes.   Everything else can be traded for from other Syns.  That should be the only thing you take into consideration when choosing between them

PS:  also once you unlock a rank you never have to pay for it again.   So its not completely impossible to switch up syns completely,   get some stuff from the other side and then switch back. (you will probably end up having to dig out of the negative ranks though with your originals).  Ranking up requires some hefty sacrifices though and this should only be done if your super bored lol.   

same thing happened to me! i joined steel meridian and i finished a void fissure and on the end of the mission screen it read i had maxed the 0 rank of the syndicate. So I return to the orbiter and head over to the syndicate station to rank up but it says im sitting at 10,000/-22,000 instead! i did merge my switch account with my pc account so perhaps its a glitch with that but it seems like our situations are very similar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hastytasty said:

i did merge my switch account with my pc account so perhaps its a glitch with that but it seems like our situations are very similar.

Yeah this could be just a x-save problem.  All those +/- relationships across multiple platforms?  lol.   DE should have credited you with any ranks you unlocked on any save (so you didn't have sacrifice again to rank up).   Then they should have used your most recent platform at the time of the merge to determine what your current syn ranks were..

It sounds like they might just need to reset them all to rank 0,  let people rank them up however they want (and hopefully not have to sacrifice for the unlocks)

Man we got 12 days till Goth prime drops... you guys got my sympathies,  this is messing up your ability to buy relic packs..  

Thanks for the advice all. I logged back in the next day and it jumped from -22,000 to -5000,. and I was finally able to begin levelling it up. I can confirm it is a new account ( I have an old one but chose to start a new one recently)., Seems like a bug, and somewhat common since I'm seeing quite a few people reporting it.

Thankfully it just seems to occur on first unlocking syndicates. After which,  it never occurs again.