The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sound Improvements... So, so wrong..

On 2024-08-21 at 10:05 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Reduced the sound muffling when using Ash's Smoke Screen, Banshee's Silence, Ivara's Prowl, and Loki's Invisibility. 

• High importance gameplay-related sounds will no longer have any muffling applied to them when these abilities are in-use.

This is extremely bad.

First off, this sound muffling is selective about what it being muffled and what is not.  For example, I can run the mission normally and I hear no sound muffling but the instant that I ground slam it's muffled like back when I was running Loki in 2013.  

Then....  explain to me why in operator/drifter mode the hearing is muffled when using an amp WHEN HE'S NOT IN THE WARFRAME, ISN'T INVISIBLE, AND IS USING HIS NORMAL FIVE SENSES OUTSIDE OF THE WARFRAME.  

This is one of those times where I'm thinking either revert it ALL to prior to 2014, or don't do it at all because as it stands, the priorities are completely backwards with practically none of the sound muffling while Loki's invisible and everything's muffled as Operator/Drifter, or revert this improvement to "not at all."  

Post edit: Also what's the bloody point of this is I'm running Hushed Invisibility on the Loki which is completely blocking all sounds from being heard at 100%?  

Edited by MBaldelli
Post edit hushed invisibility
  • Like 1

On 2024-08-22 at 2:46 PM, MBaldelli said:

First off, this sound muffling is selective about what it being muffled and what is not.

Yeah, that's the point. It's so you still get the insulated/underwater effect on more diegetic sounds like gunfire and enemy chatter, but there's no longer an extra unintended degree of difficulty on finding caches/voca/demolishers/other "sonar" mechanics because you can't hear the audio cue.

On 2024-08-22 at 2:46 PM, MBaldelli said:

For example, I can run the mission normally and I hear no sound muffling but the instant that I ground slam it's muffled like back when I was running Loki in 2013.  

It's not just a flat audio reduction across the board. It's the same effect as when the atmospheric seal on a ship is broken or open to space like some Infested tiles, I think. Higher and more metallic tones get muffled more than lower, "earthy" sounds. Depending on what your melee is, that might be the difference.

The other two things sound like bugs. I don't play Loki but I don't get muffled sound as my (non-Void-mode) Operator even though I leave Ivara invisible constantly. Make a bug report if you haven't yet.

• Like 2