The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Daughter's new music tastes are a small missed opportunity

Adding "party of a lifetime" as the song daughter is listening to is amazing, however, it missed a great opportunity to push the lotus eater quest even further by having the change be for everyone rather than those who have played the quest. Hearing the song come made me gasp at first, seeing this as the indifference taking over in subtle but frightening ways. but when i asked a friend who still hasn't done the quest if they heard anything special, they said they heard the song, which turned into a bit of a letdown for me.

• Like 1

Yep. Right now, the daughter all of a sudden hearing this song feels out-of-place. For all of Warframe's history, this hasn't been a thing in Warframe's current timeline. If this is the result of the MitW, then Lotus Eaters should've addressed that. I expect that DE won't explain why all of a sudden this new form of infestation is in the Warframe timeline, in Earth orbit, and broadcasting this song with 1999 technology. That's because usually, when DE does something like this, they don't take the time to make it make sense.