The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Arcane Ice Storm not triggered by companion weapons

Made a Nautilus Prime build using Verglas Prime modded for applying cold procs with Shivering Contagion. Paired it with Primary Frostbite and Arcane Ice Storm, but only the former triggered.

It did trigger correctly when I applied 10 cold stacks with the Quellor's primary fire and with Frost's 1.

Also, it seems like Procs from Shivering Contagion do not trigger Primary Frostbite. Only the enemy directly hit by the beam triggers the arcane, and because the enemies near it also get frozen, when the beam targets them, it won't trigger Primary frost bite because these enemies already have cold stacks and it is not applying any new ones.

Contagion spread is technically not under condition of applying but spreading.
Most recent patchnotes state: "it activates when the Cold Status Effect is applied" does not mean Shivering Contagion applies Cold, otherwise it would apply itself on itself.

Not an expert on the subject yet this is what I deduced based on mod description and information provided by official Warframe sources. No fandom wikia was used in this research. I have never condoned testing Contagion myself with an exception of equipping it once into Glaxion rank up "because it felt like a right thing to do".

Now should it diffirentiate from Arcane Ice Storm?
 when an enemy is frozen 
No frost procs needeth apply in order to achieve Freeze status has nothing to do with Chill stacks.

14 minutes ago, Trhtkk said:

Also, it seems like Procs from Shivering Contagion do not trigger Primary Frostbite. Only the enemy directly hit by the beam triggers the arcane, and because the enemies near it also get frozen, when the beam targets them, it won't trigger Primary frost bite because these enemies already have cold stacks and it is not applying any new ones.

Edited by PHOSPHATIDYLETHANOLAMINE

Freeze status applies when the target has 10 cold stacks. Both companion weapons and normal weapons modded for cold damage and status spread from Shivering Contagion can freeze a target, but Arcane Ice storm only triggers with player weapons and the status spread created from Shivering Contagion on a player weapon, and doesn't trigger from companion weapons and Shivering Contagion spread on them, in addition to Shivering Contagion not triggering primary frostbite on both player AND companion weapons.