The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Sevagoth's augment Shadow Haze is not granting crit chance to AOE weapons

NOTE: I reported this for Jade Shadows, but it was not fixed or addressed so I am posting it again.

Tested with the Prisma gorgon incarnon, atomos incarnon, sporelacer kitgun, and Kuva Bramma. Hitting enemies directly with a weapon gives the direct hit the cc buff, but it does not grant the cc buff to enemies hit with the aoe part of the weapon. I believe the damage vulnerability is working as intended and that it is just the crit chance that is bugged.

• Like 2

I tested with the Scourge Prime (base 10% crit chances and innate aoe on hits) with a 328% power strength Sevagoth, thus 164%  vuln increase and 164% crit chance increase on Reap with the augment. I should expect constant yellow and orange crits, as well as some red crits from the crit upgrade of Vigilante set since i equipped Vigilante Fervor and other fire rate mods for testing.

On this screenshot, you can see tier 1 to 3 crit damages as expected, as well as white aoe damages on other enemies around my target (mainly on the right). Clearly, the aoe damages are not crit.

E8yTVsU.jpg

To be noted that aoe CAN crit, but it's only with the base 10% critical chances of the weapon and it never get increased with the Reap+augment, even if all enemies around are affected by Reap (recognizable thanks to the tendrils on them). On the first screenshot, we can spot 1 aoe yellow damage on the right (behind another white one) and on this second screenshot, i was lucky enough to witness 4 yellow aoe damages among others on the right, even if my crit chances should make every single one of them yellow, orange or red:

6QdJJQQ.jpg

So yes: i confirm the augment doesn't give crit chance to the aoe part of weapons. Please fix, DE.

Edited by Yulfan
  • Like 1

On 2024-08-28 at 11:37 PM, agentbbn said:

NOTE: I reported this for Jade Shadows, but it was not fixed or addressed so I am posting it again.

Tested with the Prisma gorgon incarnon, atomos incarnon, sporelacer kitgun, and Kuva Bramma. Hitting enemies directly with a weapon gives the direct hit the cc buff, but it does not grant the cc buff to enemies hit with the aoe part of the weapon. I believe the damage vulnerability is working as intended and that it is just the crit chance that is bugged.

This has been a known behavior since release and I do believe it to be a compromise for how free the buff is. It isn't listed as being a bug on the wiki; it still could be one though.