Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Silence ~~~ Sound Muffling Effect

Tiltskillet

For reference, from the patch last week:

• Reduced the sound muffling when using Ash's Smoke Screen, Banshee's Silence, Ivara's Prowl, and Loki's Invisibility. 
      • High importance gameplay-related sounds will no longer have any muffling applied to them when these abilities are in-use.

•  

So far it seems to me like the muffling has been completely eliminated, which might be a bug.  If it's not a bug, my main feedback is I really appreciated the effect, as it was an easy  cue for showing that Silence was activated without looking at the timer.  I really enjoy background audio cues like this for abilities, as long as they're not too intrusive. 

Some people did find it too intrusive though, and while I wasn't one of them this makes me wonder if there's room for reducing the effect less drastically than seems to have been done.   Or a toggle or slider like we have for invisibility visuals, although I'm doubtful the issue is important enough to justify the work for that.

Though it's not directly sound related, I might as well include a proposal related to the same change.  Silence's visuals are very subtle, just some energy effects on Banshee and targets in range.  I like the subtlety, but the loss of the audio cue would be less jarring if this got spruced up a bit.  It probably should have more to the visual anyway, as it would be very useful have a landscape indicator of its range.   Gloom does a good job of this, although frankly just a shadow on the ground and a blur in the air would be really nice AFAIC.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

• Like 2