The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selectable Nightwave Tracks

JKOLAKFUG

I think being able to select a Nightwave season to go back if we missed any seasons before or didnt complete them at any time would be a wonderful quality of life feature especially in a couple years from now! I know not everyone would say this is needed etc but I honestly cant see any reason such a nice feature for the players especially the F2P players wouldn't be a nice addition.

While I know Deep Rock Galactic is very different from Warframe; The way the community is and how the developers treat the players is actually very good just like DE especially compared to big name industry standard studios. Now DRG has just 2 months ago released a feature which allows the players to freely choose Nightwave season and play and earn the cosmetics and related content and rewards at any time and I love this feature! I Think it would be great for Nightwave!

What do you guys think? Do you guys think this would be a hit feature? I think itd rock for going back and finishing that season you left at lvl 29 or 24 when you really wanted the last weapon pack or cosmetic or decoration or drone etc LOL.

Hopefully I am not going crazy lol.

drunk party GIF

Edited by JKOLAKFUG
Added content
  • Like 2

DRG is the peak of Devs working with and listening to their community.

DE have already copied DRG with Deep Archimedia (copy of Deep Dives), though for some reason, they thought to add tons of weird unnecessary twists to it that make it just absolutely awful.
I can't imagine they'd be overjoyed in the thought of letting us re-visit and re-obtain past Nightwave things when they use Nightwave to FOMO these same items to get people to play each week.
If we could access them whenever, they lose that FOMO leverage.

While I absolutely believe all devs should follow in Ghostship Games footsteps for things like battlepasses, I sadly, don't see it happening.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

DE have already copied DRG with Deep Archimedia (copy of Deep Dives), though for some reason, they thought to add tons of weird unnecessary twists to it that make it just absolutely awful.
I can't imagine they'd be overjoyed in the thought of letting us re-visit and re-obtain past Nightwave things when they use Nightwave to FOMO these same items to get people to play each week.

While I absolutely believe all devs should follow in Ghostship Games footsteps for things like battlepasses, I sadly, don't see it happening.

I basically agree with what you are saying honestly. However I am hoping they look past this especially with them working on SF I think adding the track in a way where S1 is the first 31 levels and adding them all together to allow cool progression and extra credits and endo for long time players would really be nice especially when SF comes out and we have to balance as players both :D!

2 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

We already get older rewards in new NW seasons so it's not really that much FOMO. I missed Nightwave landingcraft when it was first available, but were able to get it on later NW.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

We already get older rewards in new NW seasons so it's not really that much FOMO. I missed Nightwave landingcraft when it was first available, but were able to get it on later NW.

Fair but still would appreciate this feature because basically literally no FOMO at that point and hey you finished this night wave season? Keep getting credits or go ahead and get the previous stuff so you dont need to wait for the possibility lol.

On 2024-09-03 at 1:53 AM, JKOLAKFUG said:

Fair but still would appreciate this feature because basically literally no FOMO at that point and hey you finished this night wave season? Keep getting credits or go ahead and get the previous stuff so you dont need to wait for the possibility lol.

I wasn't arguing against your point rather supporting it, as we already get older stuff in new NWs back so FOMO isn't really argument to be have against bringing older seasons back.

On 2024-09-02 at 6:16 AM, Stormandreas said:

that's the thing, those twist were not unecessary. People asked for a harder game mode, and that was the only way to actually make one that's harder, because unless you're completly blind, you'd notice our numbers don't scale, that means that the firepower we have to do level cap is already available at the start of the mission, and since our health doesn't scale, the second you enter the "gate or die" zone, enemy damage doesn't matter. thus, the only way to make something hard in this messed up powercrept balance where nuking is king is to add inconvenience. 

if you don't like that, and you would not be alone, then ask for power decreeping. 

• Like 1

On 2024-09-04 at 8:42 PM, kerozen666 said:

that's the thing, those twist were not unecessary. People asked for a harder game mode, and that was the only way to actually make one that's harder, because unless you're completly blind, you'd notice our numbers don't scale, that means that the firepower we have to do level cap is already available at the start of the mission, and since our health doesn't scale, the second you enter the "gate or die" zone, enemy damage doesn't matter. thus, the only way to make something hard in this messed up powercrept balance where nuking is king is to add inconvenience. 

if you don't like that, and you would not be alone, then ask for power decreeping. 

I agree, the powercreep in warframe is absolutely absurd. It's the entire reason the game has become pretty monotonous. Enemy armour means very little now, enemy shields have also been nerfed (they are MUCH lower than they used to be).
The only thing enemies have is Overguard or debuffs up the wazoo (looking at you infested). It's boring and has very little nuance. EDA just compounds that so incredibly heavily.
We also didn't ask for more sorties, we asked for Raids. EDA feels like their take on "well, we aren't giving you raids that all other MMOs do, so we'll give you what we think raids should be"

On 2024-09-02 at 1:57 PM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

There are many old NW things that haven't returned. It absolutely is FOMO when you compare it to DRG, where, the old Performance Passes are INSTANTLY accessible, whenever you want, to get the old rewards, whenever you want.

Bringing stuff back in newer NW tracks, is still FOMO, as it's not accessible whenever or predictable, it's only accessible when DE choose to put it in the rewards track or shop.
Things like Teshin or Circuit, are generally ok as we 100% know when the thing is returning, and can be 100% sure we'll be able to get that item again at that time. Random store rotations like what Nightwave has, creates more FOMO, as you don't know when those items will ever show up again.

An example. The Ocucor and Battacor augment mods, Sentient Surge and Sentient Barrage, have not once returned. These were added into the game on 24/05/2023. Sentient Surge is pretty much a mandatory mod for the Ocucor, and isn't available at all unless DE feels like adding it in.
It gets worse. Precision Strike, the Tonkor augment mod, was released 12/05/2020, and has only been available twice. Once on it's inital release, and once a year later in Noras Choice in 2021, also as a reward track item, and has not been seen since.

Nightwave is DE's take on a Battle Pass, and carries with it, many of the flaws of most other Battle Pass systems. Literally the only Battlepass system I've ever seen, that is openly accepted with no complaint, and that has seemingly no flaw, is DRGs Performance Pass. If DE were to follow suit, I absolutely wouldn't complain... provided they don't give it the EDA treatment.

• Like 1

On 2024-09-02 at 1:41 AM, JKOLAKFUG said:

I think being able to select a Nightwave season to go back if we missed any seasons before or didnt complete them at any time would be a wonderful quality of life feature especially in a couple years from now! I know not everyone would say this is needed etc but I honestly cant see any reason such a nice feature for the players especially the F2P players wouldn't be a nice addition.

While I know Deep Rock Galactic is very different from Warframe; The way the community is and how the developers treat the players is actually very good just like DE especially compared to big name industry standard studios. Now DRG has just 2 months ago released a feature which allows the players to freely choose Nightwave season and play and earn the cosmetics and related content and rewards at any time and I love this feature! I Think it would be great for Nightwave!

What do you guys think? Do you guys think this would be a hit feature? I think itd rock for going back and finishing that season you left at lvl 29 or 24 when you really wanted the last weapon pack or cosmetic or decoration or drone etc LOL.

Hopefully I am not going crazy lol.

drunk party GIF

I don't mind this idea.

I think the main issue is that there will always be a most current NW featuring the latest and greatest, and so the incentive to pick a previous season over the current one will be very low.

However, as an option for after someone has completed the current NW that might be super nice.

4 hours ago, Stormandreas said:

I agree, the powercreep in warframe is absolutely absurd. It's the entire reason the game has become pretty monotonous. Enemy armour means very little now, enemy shields have also been nerfed (they are MUCH lower than they used to be).
The only thing enemies have is Overguard or debuffs up the wazoo (looking at you infested). It's boring and has very little nuance. EDA just compounds that so incredibly heavily.
We also didn't ask for more sorties, we asked for Raids. EDA feels like their take on "well, we aren't giving you raids that all other MMOs do, so we'll give you what we think raids should be"

yeah, no, it's all the same strategies in the end, wipe enemies bewfore they can do something or build to take those hits. the armor change did give me hope tho, since they are taking staps to rebalance the game, but gos i wish it was faster. unfortunatly, it's still a relatively small studio. 

and we don't get raid because raids would require coordination, something the community has proven time and time again it can't do (look at the netracell ring saga). so instead of giving us raid that we will then comlain about, they give us the closest thing they can, a spicy sortie where no one can F up by not knowing what to do

18 hours ago, kerozen666 said:

yeah, no, it's all the same strategies in the end, wipe enemies bewfore they can do something or build to take those hits. the armor change did give me hope tho, since they are taking staps to rebalance the game, but gos i wish it was faster. unfortunatly, it's still a relatively small studio. 

and we don't get raid because raids would require coordination, something the community has proven time and time again it can't do (look at the netracell ring saga). so instead of giving us raid that we will then comlain about, they give us the closest thing they can, a spicy sortie where no one can F up by not knowing what to do

There is sooooooo much I can say to this, as having played this game for nearly 12 years and seen it all as it went on, there's a lot of info you're missing here, however, the thread here is derailing as it is and I'm not gonna derail it further.

On 2024-09-04 at 6:43 AM, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I wasn't arguing against your point rather supporting it, as we already get older stuff in new NWs back so FOMO isn't really argument to be have against bringing older seasons back.

Oh sorry I misunderstood thank you! :D

On 2024-09-09 at 9:52 AM, CrownOfShadows said:

I don't mind this idea.

I think the main issue is that there will always be a most current NW featuring the latest and greatest, and so the incentive to pick a previous season over the current one will be very low.

However, as an option for after someone has completed the current NW that might be super nice.

Well actually lets say you left S2 right before receiving a weapon or warframe slot and thats what you need right now? But S6 has you 6 slots away? Why not switch the current season you are on and push the 1-3 levels/slots you need for the warframe or weapon slots and great then switch back to new season? :D