Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Constantly Getting Kicked from Squads/Matchmaking

UmbraPrime11

Ever since I started playing Warframe, I've been getting kicked from squads with no warning. At first, I thought it was a small bug, but it's been consistently happening every time I join up with friends or they join on me. I even got kicked from a Railjack mission and lost rewards because of it. This bug has been dampening my experience with an otherwise amazing game. Please fix as soon as possible.

This is true. I am his friend and it has been extremely painful trying to play with him when he just keeps getting disconnected from the squad constantly. Or when I join up on him and get disconnected within seconds. It's especially stressful because he's a more recent player and it's hard to keep a player hooked when this happens to him constantly.

I have never seen another player with connection issues this bad it's actually unfathomable. It's possible it's specific to his account only. Please fix soon <3 , since this has been going on since he joined its been months.

On 2024-09-09 at 4:31 AM, RLanzinger said:

To @UmbraPrime11,

Go into options / System / Change the Matchmaking Ping Limit

• When playing with friends better be No Limit to avoid disconnection
  • When playing with randoms players better be 200-250 to avoid lags

c1dddec9a5dd5935fc5636641a7670ef.jpg

After reading this I realized my friend probably didn't explain enough. We're not having connection issues because of internet quality, he also doesn't get disconnected during missions or anything. He only gets disconnected (and we get disconnected from his squad) outside of missions only, or between missions (like between railjack missions). Never have lag during missions, never have rubberbanding missions, never have low ping / bad connection popups. We also talk on voice chat and he sounds nice and crisp, not a single issue with the quality of the audio. We've checked his Internet speed, our Internet speeds, everything's A+. The only issue we ever experience is we cannot stay in the same squad outside of a mission for longer than 5 seconds at a time. If we don't select a relic fast enough, if we don't change our loadouts fast enough, etc... we get kicked before getting into a mission if he's hosting, or he gets kicked if one of us is hosting. I've genuinely never seen an issue like it with anyone else before. (Also he followed your advice and the problem hasn't been fixed)

On 2024-09-09 at 9:41 AM, Zakkhar said:

Also forwarding those ports, in case you are behind NAT is a good idea.

Not sure what this means though. Might be the issue? Could you elaborate more?

Edited by Tree_Peel

On 2024-09-11 at 3:45 AM, Tree_Peel said:
On 2024-09-09 at 3:41 PM, Zakkhar said:

Also forwarding those ports, in case you are behind NAT is a good idea.

Not sure what this means though. Might be the issue? Could you elaborate more?

Forwarding Ports in Your Router for Warframe (portforward.com) (not my site, do not click any VPN adds, it is a scam).

Warframe: Firewall Problem Detected

Edited by Zakkhar

On 2024-09-11 at 3:45 AM, Tree_Peel said:

He only gets disconnected (and we get disconnected from his squad) outside of missions only, or between missions (like between railjack missions).

Seems like his internet session is disconnected for "inactivity" for some reason. It may be an ISP issue in general. I would test this by using the internet for something in the background while playing WF (torrent/youtube/spotify). 

Edited by Zakkhar