The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Some Feedback on Sevagoth Prime From a Long Time Sevagoth Player

I would like to start this post by saying I am elated that Sevagoth finally has his prime after all this time; I certainly did not expect him to get his ~7 months earlier than expected, to boot. However, there are many issues with his actual Prime release, as well as some long standing issues I have not seen addressed. I am writing this post to hopefully give these issues a spotlight while Sevagoth remains the most recent Prime frame.

The release of Lotus Eaters and Sevagoth Prime saw many Shadow fixes, including two glaring ones; the inability to use the Shadow Haze Critical Chance buff on your Shadow Claws, and the lack of invulnerability for Repeated Shadow casts. These were amazing changes, and, arguably some of the most important to me. However, there are many that remain, including the following:

* You cannot run Gladiator mods on a melee weapon to buff Shadow Claws
* Primary/Secondary Dexterity do not increase combo duration for Shadow Claws
* Primary/Secondary Dexterity do not stack when you kill enemies with Shadow Claws
* Naramon does not benefit Shadow Claws at all
* Augur mods present on pistols do not benefit the Shadow
* Operator kicks you back into Sevagoth if you are currently in Shadow
* Typical Exalted limitations; no blood rush, weeping wounds, or arcanes make Shadow Claws(and any other Exalted weapons) pretty stagnant when it comes to ways to build them.
* Prime Shadow has same base stats as normal Shadow
* Shadow Armor value is being overwritten by Sevagoth's armor, leading to Shadow being a lot squishier than intended.
* Certain Companion Mods & Precepts do not work on Shadow
* AOE damage unaffected by Shadow Haze Critical Chance buff
* No access to Last Gasp due to passive
* No Tap/Hold invert option for Sevagoth for Reap

I would love to see these addressed and acknowledged. I know people are happy they have to spend less Forma for Sevagoth and his kit as a whole, but his Shadow can be limiting in many aspects that may throw a wrench in the way people choose to play, and overall the sentiment is that his Shadow is the least desirable part of his kit. I think these issues being addressed could potentially impact player opinions and make his Shadow more fun to play. These are also issues that, in my opinion, should not be present to begin with.

Sevagoth Prime is a gorgeous Prime, but he has a few cosmetic issues I have not seen brought up very much.

* His cloak clips with his own Agile animation set
* The tassels on (his) right shoulder float and are prone to extreme stretching when you accelerate via jumping, archwing, etc
* The energy strip that centers down the middle of his torso to his groin disconnects/sinks into his skin in ~1/3 of all animation sets. You can even see this on his abilities tab screen pose.
* Prime Details not applying to tombstone & Ezriel Helmet being shown as the Glaukus Helm on Tombstone
* Manually selecting Sevagoth's energy colors makes the Shadow Claw slam attacks change color regardless of your current configs colors.

All in all, I am happy Sevagoth has finally gotten his time to shine, but I think these issues should be addressed so that players have an even better experience playing him and customizing him. Thank you!

Edited by Beryliberries
  • Like 13

I'll agree that the Shadow isnt optimal at the moment. While I see more people playing Sevagoth they arent using the shadow so much, theyre preffering to use reap and sow to debuff and take out enemies. 

I also feel like set mods are inconsistent. We can use them on our Warframes but when we wequip them on exalted weapons they dont count. Enableing these mods for exalted weapons would be a major buff. Heck I think it could be fair to have them only work when the exalted weapon is in use.

Fingers crossed we get these changes.   

• Like 1

I logged into the forums specifically to see if there was already a post like this, excellent work.  I'm relatively new to Sevagoth and I've found it really fun to play him without use of a subsumed ability.  Rotating between Sevagoth as a gun-slinging caster spamming Reap and Shadow spreading Death's Harvest (with 250% range) then clawing enemies to spread Reap and Sow is extremely engaging, I just wish Shadow's 1 and 2 felt better to use.  Embrace pulls enemies in pretty slowly, and Consume halts the flow of Shadow's gameplay so I never press it except for mobility. 

Unleashing some of the restrictions on exalted weapons and Shadow's lack of benefit from loadout synergies would definitely solidify Sevagoth as my favorite frame.  He's still really fun regardless.

Edited by Messaiga
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Messaiga said:

I logged into the forums specifically to see if there was already a post like this, excellent work.  I'm relatively new to Sevagoth and I've found it really fun to play him without use of a subsumed ability.  Rotating between Sevagoth as a gun-slinging caster spamming Reap and Shadow spreading Death's Harvest (with 250% range) then clawing enemies to spread Reap and Sow is extremely engaging, I just wish Shadow's 1 and 2 felt better to use.  Embrace pulls enemies in pretty slowly, and Consume halts the flow of Shadow's gameplay so I never press it except for mobility. 

Unleashing some of the restrictions on exalted weapons and Shadow's lack of benefit from loadout synergies would definitely solidify Sevagoth as my favorite frame.  He's still really fun regardless.

Thanks so much! Yeah, some tune-ups and fixes would go a long way. I hope they end up seeing this!

Edited by Beryliberries
  • Like 1

Sevagoth's Shadow seems to have alot of problems in terms of running mod sets, having them equipped on Shadow doesn't seem to give the Secondary bonus effect to the Shadow at all, or even help with boosting the mod set equippage on Sevagoth's Set. They seem to not only give no extra benefits to Shadow, but also doesn't even interact with the entirety of the loadout. 
Example: I'm running 2 Gladiator mods on my melee weapon, Hate. I have the same 2 mods on Hate also equipped on the Claws, however I'm also running 2 Gladiator Mods on Shadow, Aegis & Resolve. This does not boost the progress on Hate, or for Shadow & Shadow's Claws. It's still displayed as 2/6 set mods equipped. I'm also running Vigilante Vigor for now and it's not helping with the Vigilante boost on Cinta. 
It seems any and all set mods aren't providing progression for the sets when on Shadow or the Claws, with some (maybe all?) not giving any bonus effects to Shadow for the ones that seem like they would be applicable so far. 
Video below showing the set mod progression: 

I've managed to confirm the Gladiator and Augur set bonuses not applying at all, but I don't have any other set mods that seem like they would be applicable to test this 2nd set bonus further. If anyone is willing to spend a bit of time to further test with other set bonuses that seem like they should apply to help the Devs for when/if they see this that'd be great. If needed I'll prob send a Video covering Augur & Gladiator set bonuses not applying later, unless if someone beats me to the punch. 

Edited by (XBOX)Lightningclaw11
  • Like 2

On 2024-09-13 at 10:44 AM, (XBOX)Lightningclaw11 said:

Sevagoth's Shadow seems to have alot of problems in terms of running mod sets, having them equipped on Shadow doesn't seem to give the Secondary bonus effect to the Shadow at all, or even help with boosting the mod set equippage on Sevagoth's Set. They seem to not only give no extra benefits to Shadow, but also doesn't even interact with the entirety of the loadout. 
Example: I'm running 2 Gladiator mods on my melee weapon, Hate. I have the same 2 mods on Hate also equipped on the Claws, however I'm also running 2 Gladiator Mods on Shadow, Aegis & Resolve. This does not boost the progress on Hate, or for Shadow & Shadow's Claws. It's still displayed as 2/6 set mods equipped. I'm also running Vigilante Vigor for now and it's not helping with the Vigilante boost on Cinta. 
It seems any and all set mods aren't providing progression for the sets when on Shadow or the Claws, with some (maybe all?) not giving any bonus effects to Shadow for the ones that seem like they would be applicable so far. 
Video below showing the set mod progression: 

I've managed to confirm the Gladiator and Augur set bonuses not applying at all, but I don't have any other set mods that seem like they would be applicable to test this 2nd set bonus further. If anyone is willing to spend a bit of time to further test with other set bonuses that seem like they should apply to help the Devs for when/if they see this that'd be great. If needed I'll prob send a Video covering Augur & Gladiator set bonuses not applying later, unless if someone beats me to the punch. 

Yeah, I am willing to bet this behavior extends to most if not all sets, since essentially I think the game is "replacing" your loadout when you go into shadow.