The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun/Zaw Reconfigure Option

Chicken-Lad

Kinda surprised this isn't a thing already, but it would be cool if we could have the option to reconfigure our modular weapons, i.e. allow us to swap out different components for others (specifically the loader, grip(s), or link) without needing to build a completely new weapon. With so many combinations it can be hard to determine what works best for each player and each weapon. I know I've messed up on some of my kitguns and zaws from my early days and I'd rather not rebuild the weapon since I've already put a lot of time and effort into leveling them. The one restriction I can see from this would be that we cannot change the archetype of the weapon. For example, we wouldn't be able change a primary gaze kitgun to a secondary one, or vice versa. Same with zaws where we can't turn a scythe zaw into a polearm zaw. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chicken-Lad said:

I know I've messed up on some of my kitguns and zaws from my early days and I'd rather not rebuild the weapon since I've already put a lot of time and effort into leveling them.

Why not? Is it in the interest of DE to have you playing their game less?

You can experiment with stats in game or on this site: Kitgun Builder - Semlar.com (yes it is old and doesnt have everything, but what it has is not outdated)

Edited by Zakkhar

I agree. Kitguns are the most complex and expensive weapon assembly system in the game. They have special arcana, some of which are grown underground in Nekralisk. However, they are still a very limited weapon class and weak in terms of damage.

It's a lot of time invested for an average weapon.