The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting to NPC's

_SYNTHDEMON_

Would love to be able to gift floofs or decorations to NPC's to make their living more comfy too 

Bird3 would eventually sit on a mountain of floofs. Tagfer would get his own little sleeping bed. Fibonacci his own fishfeed and river plants and extra little fish friends. Loid would get his own Relaxing Massage Chair. Necraloid a new bodykit...

Etc. Just a silly idea, but another comfy way to interact with NPC's (very glad we can comfort some of the NPC's now in the Sanctum, a heartwarming experience to me...)

Edited by _SYNTHDEMON_

I mean, with 1999 adding "guys, it's totally not a dating sim" to the game?
DE may as well resign to the grave they dug and do it for every Syndicate NPC you can think of-- be it romantic or just as an excuse for exposition.

This includes, but not limited to:

• All Six Relay Syndicates. Cressa Tal, Ergo Glast, Amaryn, Cephalon Suda, etc.
    • This would also be a decent reason to add Palladino as a "unlockable" representative for the Red Veil.
      • Since the current guy is not only unnamed, but also could work as a stand-in prior to the completion of "Chains of Harrow".
        ... and so I can visit her faster for my weekly Rivens.
    • That leaves only the Arbiters of Hexis, but I imagine one of there could be one of their council members you can chat with.
      • Possibly funny moment where one of their coworkers picks up the comms and responds to you instead.
        A sort of "You got the wrong guy" moment. Not all of them have to be serious!
  • The Ostrons. Konzu would have plenty of "Lunch-Break" moments there as is. I mean, dude already acts pretty chill even with his job.
    • Onkko could likely have a chill time too. There's some folks out there who could enjoy the "mystique".
      Bonus points if we can add Master Teasonai, Fisher Hai-luk, Old Man Suumbat, Craftsman Hok and Nakak 
  • The Solaris, Eudico could "take 5" and give some passive insight to when they're on downtime.
    • Same for the Business, Little Duck and Legs too. They already have a pretty tightly-knit group and think of the Tenno fondly.
      Smokefinger and Ticker have PLENTY of lore behind them as is, so that's a big one there to try.
      • While I imagine Zuud would be less than thrilled, it would be comical.
    • The Ventkids could also be neat for exposition, but likely don't have much to offer.
  • The Entrati. What better ways to get more information about the Orokin than the last few surviving kind?
    • Even if their memories are a bit scrambled, they already have the dynamic to make it interesting.
    • Grandmother ALONE already feels like someone who be 100% down for this, even if you didn't ask.
  • The Cavia obviously. Though I feel that's likely going to happen already in some form.
    • Loid would likely have a lot of exposition to work with. We all know people would love interacting with Bird 3 and Tagfer though.
  • The Holdfasts of whom... strangely got very little in terms of relevance.
    • But given that Hombask is a jolly sort and Yonta is adorably dorky-- those two alone are already great candidates.
    • If I was so bold, I'd even VERD-IE (a gardening drone) a chance to give some pet interactions.
  • Teshin being dead and all wouldn't be able to do much, but I imagine giving him the odd Floof in his Relay spot would be acceptable.
    • Alternatively, we could have his Duviri counterpart show up in the Dormizone from time to time.
  • Cephalon Simaris I doubt would enjoy casual conversation, at least in the typical manner anyway.
    • He likely works better as a "recap" to any exposition you've uncovered by the above examples.
  • Cephalon Ordis in on the flipside. Dude loves conversations with you, so it'd be nice to at least indulge the guy.
    • The least most people can do, considering he runs your place and manages ALL of the weapons you built.
      Yes, even the 1000 Cronus that one guy built.
  • Cephalon Cy would at least keep himself brief, but not outright dismissive in conversation.
    • This could extend to the Railjack Crew as well, though I'm not 100% sure how that would work exactly...
  • MarooVarzia, Darvo and maybe even Baro are all vendors that could easily right in with the rest of these entries.
    • I'm not sure I'd personally talk to Varzia considering how brazenly flirtatious she is, but I mention it anyway.
    • Baro might be an option when he arrives, seems about right for his "personality"...
  • If DE wants to go even above and beyond? They can make some spoof of the typical Dating Sim character by adding one to the Ludoplex.

I dunno, DE has kinda gone off the rails with trying to "progress the story"... but kinda failed to really flesh out the existing plot points they keep introducing.
Eventually we're going to have enough side-characters that it'll look like a fighting game roster where you can barely see the icons of them.

This would be a decent way to incentivize going back and fixing older plot points.

Watching grey Excaliburs turn into players around crowded NPCs like Maroo and Baro is enough without having to wait for a mountain of floofs to load in around them too. Better to make a holographic display that can show NPCs so people can do that in their orbiter or dojo if they want to throw platinum at the screen.