The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I have a strange phenomenon about red crits....

Prizma999___

Question

My incarnon anku have 102% of crit chance with blood rush, when I'm solo, I can red crit easily in steel path missions, however, in squad my red crits simply gone, there's a reason for this? Like, enemy armor can reduce your crits? It really bugs me. 

6 answers to this question

il y a 2 minutes, Prizma999___ a dit :

My incarnon anku have 102% of crit chance with blood rush, when I'm solo, I can red crit easily in steel path missions, however, in squad my red crits simply gone, there's a reason for this? Like, enemy armor can reduce your crits? It really bugs me. 

Armor doesn't reduce crit.

But if you play Blood Rush, you have to know the combo counter (bottom right) increase your critical chance (additive) with a higher combo meters. The combo meter has a duration and eventually fall down back to 0 after 5s (unmodded).

Maybe in public squad you don't find any/enough enemies to keep up your combo meter up, and thus, don't have higher expected crit chance.

Sharing your build might help finding the issue.

• Like 1

this is my build,

stance: stalking fan.

Mods: prime pressure point, blood rush, weeping wounds, sacrificial steeel, (vulcaninc edge and vicious frost = blast), virulent scorge, organ shatter.

Arcanes: Arcane strike and Melee fortificaition.

Incarnon upgrades: Evo II - more 50% base damge and 40% attack speed, Evo III - 20% moviment speed, Evo IV - more 12% base crit chance

I dont think its because the enemy quantity, since, with more players more enemies, and I always reach the X12 combo stack and nothing of red crit.  

3 hours ago, Prizma999___ said:

Evo IV - more 12% base crit chance

They seemed to have fixed this recently, but maybe not. 

My experience in the field leads me to believe that incarnon evolutions are host dependent, surprisingly. They're not like mods where they're innate to your weapon once you put them on. No, the game seems to need to constantly check to see if you've activated them all mission long. Which means if you have a laggy/poor connection host, there'll be times the game can't confirm if you've activated an evo. And crit chance is the easiest one to notice because it's literally color-coded live.

Edited by KitMeHarder
  • Like 4

So from a weapon having base 32% crit, you'd get up to 102.4% crit with Sacrificial Steel (+220% of base = +70.4%) ; as you said.

With a fully stacked Blood Rush, you get an additional +440% at x12, granting then +140.8% ; making your total crit chance up to 243.2% ; Meaning you should get 43% red crit chance on a base line of orange crit ; almost half your hits.

But if you are only at x9 combo meter, you would only at 204.8% crit chance ; so any combo meter under x9 is not red crit territory ; and even at x9, it's hard to procc it reliably.

So maybe you could provide us with a recording of noapparent red crit between x9 and x12 ?

• Like 1

il y a 2 minutes, KitMeHarder a dit :

My experience in the field leads me to believe that incarnon evolutions are host dependent, surprisingly. They're not like mods where they're innate to your weapon once you put them on. No, the game seems to need to constantly check to see if you've activated them all mission long. Which means if you have a laggy/poor connection host, they'll be times the game can't confirm if you've activated an evo. And crit chance is the easiest one to notice because it's literally color coded live.

If that's the case, then a weapon with only 20% base crit chance could only get up to 64% crit chance with blood rush, and up to 152% total crit chance with a fully stacked blood rush (x12), meaning it's only 52% of orange crit on a baseline of yellow crit.

Which indeed seem like the issue OP is facing.

Dang.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

My experience in the field leads me to believe that incarnon evolutions are host dependent, surprisingly. They're not like mods where they're innate to your weapon once you put them on. No, the game seems to need to constantly check to see if you've activated them all mission long. Which means if you have a laggy/poor connection host, they'll be times the game can't confirm if you've activated an evo. And crit chance is the easiest one to notice because it's literally color coded live.

So to made clear:  here we resolved the question. I live in Parana, Brazil, and the connection host here it's just terrible whether with my friends here, or with randoms. And also answered the reason why while solo the build works and with squad don't.  And I forgot to mention that I tried in a normal mission with my friend being the host and the same problem appeared, so it wasn't the steel path mode. Thanks dwqrf and KitMeHarder for the help. 

• Like 2