The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

XP issue in sanctu

Chevre_jaune

Hi there,

I had an issue yesterday, that's not the first time this week.

i did 9 waves of sanctu elite, with 3 weapons not max rank. killed 4556 mobs and they were locked at the first wave at 27659 xp (all 3) and never get more xp during all the other Waves 

screen of 9 waves https://imgur.com/a/83QtGYc

Edited by Chevre_jaune

Yes, because you killed with your frame's spells, I suppose, and not your weapons, while playing solo ?

The XP you earn doesn't necessary go everywhere on your stuff.

For example, when playing solo, if you kill with your Warframe spells, you get 100% of the XP on your frame, and 0% elsewhere.

If you kill with a weapons, you get 50/50% on said weapons and on the Warframe.

If you play in a squad, and you are in affinity (XP) range (triple circle linked as buff on the top right, featuring a numbers between 1-3, as in numbers of players around you) and an Ally kill something, you get 25% on your Warframe and 75% divided between your weapons (which can be 25% each if you have three weapons equipped, or 75% if you equip only one...)

So -not- playing a weapons in a squad can earn you more XP than actually actively playing it...

Also, some mission objectives will give XP everywhere regardless.

Edited by dwqrf
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Chevre_jaune said:

oh, i didn't know  the 0% on my weaponds when i'm killing with my frame oO

thanks for the answer

Yeah it's a little bit un-intuitive and annoying the game does nothing to tell you how exp is distributed.

The 100% exp to your frame on ability kills is extremely frustrating when trying to level weapons... but it's really good for focus farming cus you can just have one focus lens on your frame and don't need to farm for more. If you don't know what focus is yet don't worry about it, you'll get spoilers if you look it up.

So yeah just do public sanctuary and try to attack primarily with weapons to level weapons. I usually still bring Saryn both for the focus and to help other players level even if I am doing weapons. And just limit my spore shenanigans to during the focus timer. But bringing a support frame like a Rhino with Pillage to help other players kill enemies for you faster is not a bad idea provided the other players aren't trying to do the same thing.