The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New War: Please give the drifter some shields

kerozen666

So, yesterday i did my long needed replay of the new war, still a fantastic quest that really reminded me that i love this game. However, one thing kept bugging me for quite a bit of the quest: Drifter's 250 hp are way too little. i don't know if it's that drifter lacks any kind of dr or that enemy damage during the quest is too high, but those 250 hp are way too tight, even when you take your time to be extra sneaky, as just having bad aim can lead to a swift death, and make the quest take a solid 1 to 2 hours longer. it's also not helped that the heal on drifter is only 50 hp, unlike the 100 of duviri, and that the cooldown is so long, which comes to a lot of frustration in the archon fights, since they have some very potent status effect that require the heal to dispel.

Either give a bit more healing to the drifter, a bit more hp, or just give them a bit of shields, since it's the origin system, they might have just stolen some from a corpus, it's plausible. This is really what removed a lot of enjoyment for me, as i saw the pacing halt and dialogue repeat over and over as i got my rear end handed to me so easily. 

• Like 1

You arent meant to go guns blazing. You have the abilities for a reason. 3 to see enemies ahead of you. 2 to be able to sneak when it is unsneakable or as an oh snap button. 1 as a heal should you take any damage. Raising HP will not be meaningful in any way if play non-sneak, you will die regardless.

Il y a 2 heures, kerozen666 a dit :

Drifter's hp are way too little. i don't know if it's that drifter lacks any kind of dr or that enemy damage during the quest is too high

Drifter is as resistant as any other humans out there, and getting shot once or twice is usually death.

Being able to kill an Archon as a regular nobody is an exploit ; and either you are really good at shooting or dodging, either really lucky, or maybe some eternalism stuff allows you to try over and over again, but in any way, it's a miracle you can beat 'em just by yourself, without your precious War-Frame.

None of it would feel any dangerous or/and amazing if you had an impervious shield + gating that recharge itself all the time at no cost, and your healing ability would be quite lackluster.

1 hour ago, dwqrf said:

None of it would feel any dangerous or/and amazing if you had an impervious shield + gating that recharge itself all the time at no cost, and your healing ability would be quite lackluster.

the feeling of danger means nothing if it just turn into frustration due to the fact that you keep dying fand redoing segment, in a quest, which, need i remind you, are stuck in until you finish. you can't just do something else, your whole acount is locked in until you succeed. 

also, yes, you are as resistant as any other human, but we are talkign about someone who has access to a lot of tech, so a shield would not be that out there, even if it's a crappy 50 points one.