The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

MR9 not doing much damage towards lvl 40-50 enemies

Soap41

Question

I am MR9 fairly new to the game only have about 150 hours into it. I’ve completed almost all the main story quests just have jade shadows and the lotus eaters left. I am doing not a lot of damage to enemies and I still do not understand the modding system. What mods should I be using? How do I get good mods for my weapons and frames? What weapons should I be using at MR9? I’m using Gauss prime and I have braton prime, ignis wraith and a few other lower level weapons. I really enjoy this game but it’s a lot to take in and understand everything any help would be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

23 minutes ago, Soap41 said:

I am doing not a lot of damage to enemies and I still do not understand the modding system.

A lot to explain really. First you need to understand how damage formula works, which damage is additive ot each other, which is multiplicative, then weaknesses etc.

Old movie but should cover the basics:

What mods should I be using?

Those that maximise your damage for your current goal/playstyle or provide the utility you want froom the weapon. If a weapon has abovev average stats in soemthing, it is worth boosting those. If a weapon has weak stats, boosting those will not get big result because the increase is %. Some weaknesses can be overcomed (eg. single target weapon can be modded to be more multitarget).

Here is a list that can in general tell you which weapons are good and which are not, and what builds to use for them: https://www.cephalonwannab.com/ (it is somewhat dated, as in it doesnt have a lot of weapons)

It is not an absolute science, so those are no necesary best weapons or best builds for them - you can blindly follow it and you should be fine, but being able to understand and modify stuff according to your needs is better.

Incarnon weapons are atm probably the strongest available (not on the above list).

How do I get good mods for my weapons and frames?

First you need to know what you want. Then you search wiki/google and either farm/grind for them or buy them from other players.

Lets say you want a staple mod called Galavanized Aptitude: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Galvanized_Aptitude

You google wiki it ad it shows you it is Tradable, so you can buy it from other players or 

This mod can be bought from the Arbitrations vendor in the Arbiters of Hexis room in Relays for 20 VitusEssence Vitus Essence.

Arbitrations are endless missions that are available once you clear all nods on all planets. Vitus essence is a currency that drops there (and is awarded for completing objectives). You can click on all the llinks on wiki and it will tell you everything you need to know.

What weapons should I be using at MR9?

Whichever are available at MR9. This is not that kind of game. If you are searching for best possible weapons at MR9, that is a different question. You can use best possible weapons, but doesnt mean you should (or anyone). The link above shows the MR required for the weapons, so pick those. Have in mind that different weapons do different things.

Edited by Zakkhar