The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

New category chat filter (relics, rivens, activities..)+ import/export filters

Hi, we have filtersimage.png?ex=66fa7d98&is=66f92c18&hm=c33

for mod configs, looks, and songs.

Can we expand the list (maybe a tickbox for advanced) for below

- fissures (maybe by eras)

- clan (there are quite a few clans recruiting, can be noisy)

- resources (toroids, shards, voca..)

- rivens (specifically for trade chat)

- maybe frames as well

I understand that some may be hard or impossible to filter (like you cant filter out rj missions without filtering out the word "rj" or "railjack" or omnia without "omnia".

Be great if we can share the filters with other people

I have no less than 40 exclusion for my recruiting :<
image.png?ex=66fa7e46&is=66f92cc6&hm=63b

image.png?ex=66fa7e6b&is=66f92ceb&hm=e88

image.png?ex=66fa7e7a&is=66f92cfa&hm=d86

save me from these (a subset) madness!

• Like 1

So you exclude pretty much everything from your chats? Ok?

The problem with Recruiting chat isn't that it doesn't have filters, it's that it's a recruiting CHAT.

We should instead have some sort of LFG board system, allowing players to sign up to squads or help people who are LFG. The recruiting chat is ancient and a product of it's time. It doesn't serve the purpose it's meant very well and honestly needs replaced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dabreadmun said:

Hi, we have filtersimage.png?ex=66fa7d98&is=66f92c18&hm=c33

for mod configs, looks, and songs.

Can we expand the list (maybe a tickbox for advanced) for below

- fissures (maybe by eras)

- clan (there are quite a few clans recruiting, can be noisy)

- resources (toroids, shards, voca..)

- rivens (specifically for trade chat)

- maybe frames as well

I understand that some may be hard or impossible to filter (like you cant filter out rj missions without filtering out the word "rj" or "railjack" or omnia without "omnia".

Be great if we can share the filters with other people

I have no less than 40 exclusion for my recruiting :<
image.png?ex=66fa7e46&is=66f92cc6&hm=63b

image.png?ex=66fa7e6b&is=66f92ceb&hm=e88

image.png?ex=66fa7e7a&is=66f92cfa&hm=d86

save me from these (a subset) madness!

i get  where your comming from and the convience is always nice when its there. 

i think i have "NOT relic" "NOT rad" and that makes recruiting like a 'normal' recriuit chat. so on that aspect i believe you can save yourself from suffering due to a "subset" your the creator of..and now a slave to =P 

but i support the concept and i think just something like creating a 'relic recriting' chat or tab i think would be useful and well recieved.  

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

The problem with Recruiting chat isn't that it doesn't have filters, it's that it's a recruiting CHAT.

We should instead have some sort of LFG board system, allowing players to sign up to squads or help people who are LFG. The recruiting chat is ancient and a product of it's time. It doesn't serve the purpose it's meant very well and honestly needs replaced.

theres a filter....which you acknowledge in the first sentance lol
because it CHAT one is able filter everything.😉
but better results are acheved with experience with fuzzy filters or shell scripting and operators. recommend lookin into . 

theres LFG stuff on discord. i kno u mean baked in and i dont disagree but the resource is there

anceint or not i dont know. i think rudimentary is a better word due to lacking  a history or most other games ive played u can press the up arrow to resend a previos message (standard in the terminal as well)

what purpose? how does it fail or fall short? 

replaced with? elaborate on your LFG board system and how it functions and what problems it would fix etc 

22 hours ago, OuroborosGhost said:

theres LFG stuff on discord. i kno u mean baked in and i dont disagree but the resource is there

anceint or not i dont know. i think rudimentary is a better word due to lacking  a history or most other games ive played u can press the up arrow to resend a previos message (standard in the terminal as well)

what purpose? how does it fail or fall short? 

replaced with? elaborate on your LFG board system and how it functions and what problems it would fix etc 

LFGs on discords is part of Warframes overarching issue. Relying on 3rd party resources that are not apparent or sometimes accessible to players.

This is why DE decided to re-work the enemy resistances to simplify them, rather than make the information about it openly accessible without locking it behind either the Wiki, or scanning things, which, the info is still a bit ambiguous to newer players as they are never pointed towards the codex for the (admittedly outdated) tutorials that are in there.

The Recruiting chat fails in that it's just a gigantic mess of messages. It's very daunting for newer players, and exhausting to monitor for most. There's very little reliability, and the only way to know if there's even space in the squads is by very quickly whispering whoever wrote the LFG message. If you're too slow in typing or finding the name of the person who wrote "LFG", you're out of luck.
Not to mention it's pretty unsightly.
It was made back in the day when the games tech was limited, and a chat was kinda the only solution. Now that Warframe has evolved, it would not be unfeasible to create a more robust ingame LFG system.

The LFG board system I proposed, was just a very quick thought.

Essentially, some console, likely in our orbiter where players can:
- Create a squad session
- Set the activity they are aiming to do (Relics (perhaps add in specific relic farming options), Arbitrations, Planet based farming, Eidolons etc. etc.)
- How many spots in the square are available (between 1 and 3. This leaves room for players to customize their LFG if they already have a friend with them)
- Potentially set MR restrictions or preferences, however, this can result in gatekeeping, so I'd be wary having this as an option.
- Players who haven't created a session, can search for sessions either unfiltered, or with preferences, and then just hit a button for "join squad".

The caveat would be that, DE would kinda have to implement the ability for the Squad Leader to kick players, so that squads can't just be filled and have to completely disband and remade due to trolls. DE don't like the idea of players having the ability to kick others, though with this system, I do think it'd be mandatory.

There can also be a reputation system applied into this. Squad Leaders (and maybe members), could be up and down voted after a mission or set time, to then give newer players a more informed decision on who is helpful and who isn't. There are downsides to this of course. Overframe is a perfect example of this type of honour reputation system being abused, however, as it's officially supported, DE can implement anti-abuse features, which Overframe doesn't do (and is abused by the owner themselves anyway).

This same kind of system can also be applied to trading, much like WF market.
The reason the vast majority of traders use WF Market, is because the ingame trade chat is just horrendous to work with. It's much easier and better having an actively live storefront, with any and ALL items you're looking to sell, and then people just come to you saying "hey, I'd like that, lets trade".
Plus with WF Market, we're not limited to a set amount of characters in a message so we can sell far more through that, all at once.

But again, this points to one of Warframes major issues... relying on 3rd party resources. It's very frustrating having to have Alecaframe, discord and 2-3 tabs open just to play Warframe with whatever I wanna do. Pablo even touched on this when discussing the damage resistance changes but the issue has not been curbed at all.

Edited by Stormandreas
  • Like 1

What I can say as a Path of Exile player, is that you don't want to rely on 3P discords for LFGs.

It is only applicable to power users, and there are no less of scandals for The Forbidden Trove. Imagine getting banned by a mod because you disagree on their option that pineapple belongs on a pizza.

Create a squad session
- Set the activity they are aiming to do (Relics (perhaps add in specific relic farming options), Arbitrations, Planet based farming, Eidolons etc. etc.)

This is going to be very messy, the fact that you cant even list them all down in a sentence is a good indication. Once again it will only be applicable to power users.

Or alternatively, look at join random squad on railjack. The volume is just not there to support most of the activities.

No one is farming Zeoloid Prelate enough to get a squad within reasonable time, and then it's just a map node.

It will be more applicable to endless missions, but then you faced the issue of the nature of the mission. Is it a 20 mins survival, or 2 hours? If you can specify, the UI is going to be so bad no one will use it.

Yeah, because i dont need plastids, orokin cell, flowers, nekros (the base version) and all the other missions.

Just imagine trying to find a real buyer/seller in trade chat, it's the same feeling.