The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about drop-only foundry crafting time boosters?

PrimeLabsInc

Hello folks!

I'm sure many of us think about how the new player experience can be improved every now and then. We'll, at least I do. My latest idea: crafting time boosters.

As we all know, foundry crafting times are ludicrous and a huge hurdle for new players. Waiting a combined 84 hours on a warframe to craft fully? 12 hours for most weapons? Jesus. Even today I think it's a little much. Not wholly irredeemable. Once you get into the rhythm of always having something cooking in the foundry, it's not too bad. But man.

Anyway, what about foundry crafting time boosters? Drop-only, only obtainable in-game through bounties, tactical alerts and rare loot containers, reducing crafting times by half, maybe? I dunno, for maximum effectiveness you'd need an interface where you can manually activate boosters instead of instant activation on pickup.

Anyway, tell me what you think. It's a rough idea but maybe it could be worthwhile. The point is to never sell them for money or plat, as that would be equal to rushing foundry builds.

If DE did this, it would be extremely limited.

Perhaps given to new players, twitch drops, log-in, or event rewards.

They will NEVER add it in missions.  This would allow for the preempting of updates, and would remove a source of income from DE. If they did at in missions, it would be half the rarity of syndicate medallions, just as effective, and also not work on necramechs because 1 guy on twitter complained.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

If DE did this, it would be extremely limited.

Perhaps given to new players, twitch drops, log-in, or event rewards.

They will NEVER add it in missions.  This would allow for the preempting of updates, and would remove a source of income from DE. If they did at in missions, it would be half the rarity of syndicate medallions, just as effective, and also not work on necramechs because 1 guy on twitter complained.

I agree.

I think it would be put to good use to give one as a reward for finishing the Vor's Prize quest for new players and giving them as Twitch drops and event rewards only. If it's added to drop tables, then the chance could be about what a legendary core is maybe?