The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Railjack Guns?

2Peter3Nine

Question

~

The wiki

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Railjack/Armaments

~

Lavan Photor, seems like the best for overall damage.

Vidar Vort does the most damage, but has "slow" projectile speed.

Vidar Carcinnox foes the best out of it's set's damage per hit, (+60% puncture damage)
and the type of gun bypasses hulls and can confuse their crews causing them to fight.

~

Zekti do tend to have the best damage per shot, 
but not the best damage per second.
They also overheat slightly gaster, 
but with rank 9 guns I can heatsink causing the gun to cooldown faster.

Puncture damage is probably bleh.

~

Vidar turrets seem better then Zakti, but peeps ingame and in other forems say zekti is their choice. 

Vidar guns tent to have +damage instead of +fire-rate.

Vidar Cryophon gets up to +60% cold damage.

All Photors get +60% geat damage.

Vidar Talyn gets up to +60% heat damage.

~

What guns you use, and why?

~

3 answers to this question

Zetki Photor. Why? Because:

1. Has highest damage.

2. Is hitscan.

3. Can kill Corpus Crewships' shields from the front. This part may have been patched out though - haven't played corpus Railjack in some time.

Overheating can be solved with Rank 9 Gunnery intrinsic (you can press "reload" button to instantly cool your weapons).

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FulfillMyWill said:

Can kill Corpus Crewships' shields from the front. This part may have been patched out though - haven't played corpus Railjack in some time.

This still works, I recommend the Photor for the pilot for this reason. The gunners should have relatively long range hitscan guns because the NPCs are most effective with those. I can give you my setup later. If I recall correctly Zetki isn't actually the best choice but I'll have to look up what I had installed, been a long time since I changed anything on my Railjack.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I can give you my setup later.

Le2tSGM.png

TFYLRKu.png

gKlSkF1.png

CIJlal6.png

This setup is meant to be indestructible, the focus is maximum passive defense and speed. You'll notice that the reactor is MK2, 2 provides more of the primary stats than 3, in this case maximum ability strength - good for the rocket swarm ability if you use that, and also for another 72% damage reduction and 36% speed from Phoenix Blaze.

If I recall correctly, the Lavan Pulsar is better than the Zetki, and very good for NPC gunners.

With Warhead and that type of missile, missiles can disable shield generators of enemy ships with a single shot (you still have to hit right to disable all of them in one shot), and Artillery Cheapshot is quite important if you want to use the forward artillery.

• Like 1