Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I broke my UI HUD Scaling. Help plz

PurpleThePurplest

Question

So I discovered from a friend that you can change the hud scaling beyond what the slider allows for by typing the wanted value. they showed the example of setting it to 5. So I was curious to set it lower. I set it to 1 and now my HUD is literally pixels and I can't navigate anything. I have no idea how to fix this and reinstalling the game didn't do anything. is there a file I should look for to edit or do I just need to put in some sort of Support ticket to have DE change it for me?

13 answers to this question

23 minutes ago, PurpleThePurplest said:

So I discovered from a friend that you can change the hud scaling beyond what the slider allows for by typing the wanted value. they showed the example of setting it to 5. So I was curious to set it lower. I set it to 1 and now my HUD is literally pixels and I can't navigate anything. I have no idea how to fix this and reinstalling the game didn't do anything. is there a file I should look for to edit or do I just need to put in some sort of Support ticket to have DE change it for me?

ask ur friend for setting file its in

C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Local\Warframe\(some random characters)

7 minutes ago, BoruBoru said:

ask ur friend for setting file its in

C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Local\Warframe\(some random characters)

I have already looked in this area. the EE.cfg file does not store UI Scaling. 

when I initially changed the size, it was all in-game.

15 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

you might be able to navigate with WASD to the reset to defaults button, but that would be a lot more detrimental I would figure... also this is a wild suggestion and I know not exactly accessible, but.. maybe use a magnifying glass? XD

This was what the UI looks like when I was still able to mess around in game. 
This is the Pause Menu
image.png?ex=67003beb&is=66feea6b&hm=8455598596703ccb8527f0f356237579ac0a7f66a73bdc1b5e2603f25c4155aa&=image.png?ex=67003bd8&is=66feea58&hm=c7d16e7016ce0d4b4982c2484c7a2bc25bec380c65e54ebe7e9ec874e3c7d48f&=

oh god... I play without depth of field... I did not consider xD yea I think the best you can do probably is entirely delete the file just named "settings" in C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\Warframe\<WarframeUserHash>\ and restart the game (alt+f4 to close) this will regenerate the settings file essentially doing the same as clicking on "reset to defaults" except I think it also deletes your favourite colors, but I'm sure you'll find those again somewhere.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

4 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

oh god... I play without depth of field... I did not consider xD yea I think the best you can do probably is entirely delete the file just named "settings" in C:\Users\<YourUser>\AppData\Local\Warframe\<WarframeUserHash>\ and restart the game (alt+f4 to close) this will regenerate the settings file essentially doing the same as clicking on "reset to defaults" except I think it also deletes your favourite colors, but I'm sure you'll find those again somewhere.

The menu is not the white blur on the smaller image. it's the tiny blue pixels layered on top of it. UI is not affected by DoF. 
though sadly the full setting reset does not help this predicament. 

Open settings and navigate to ui scaling with keyboard on a working instance of the game, have a friend do it or login someplace else. Then write down all the keystrokes you had to do to change that particular setting and repeat the sequence in your game.

3 minutes ago, PurpleThePurplest said:

I WAS ABLE TO GET IT! Had to clear some extra files that were being stored in a different drive for some reason. I wonder if I was just a edge case scenario. Time to change all my settings back. 

out of curiosity... (if you're comfortable sharing and remember of corse lol) what were those? in case of any future incidents lol

5 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

out of curiosity... (if you're comfortable sharing and remember of corse lol) what were those? in case of any future incidents lol

literally my comment, *u either need someone to give u setting or clear the file

Edited by BoruBoru

9 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

so I found some "old" warframe files stored in the same folder of where steam is installed (D: drive)
Warframe was installed on my bulk drive (F: drive) 
The files seemed almost identical to those installed on the bulk drive, some leftover launcher files from an old install which idk why it would be related but also seemed to have updated timestamps of being edited. when I reinstalled the game fresh. The folder that was in the D: drive hasn't come back so 🤷‍♂️
maybe it was unrelated but that was the only noticeable change after troubleshooting deleting various WF folders one by one

Edited by PurpleThePurplest

1 minute ago, PurpleThePurplest said:

so I found some "old" warframe files stored in the same folder of where steam is installed (D: drive)
Warframe was installed on my bulk drive (F: drive) 
The files seemed almost identical to those installed on the bulk drive, some leftover launcher files from an old install which idk why it would be related but also seemed to have updated timestamps of being edited. when I reinstalled the game fresh. The folder that was in the D: drive hasn't come back so 🤷‍♂️

I'd assume it always uses the settings file from your current windows install locations AppData folder (whereever that was for you currently) but I guess it's safer to make sure everything is pruned with warframe lmao

2 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

I'd assume it always uses the settings file from your current windows install locations AppData folder (whereever that was for you currently) but I guess it's safer to make sure everything is pruned with warframe lmao

yeah this really showed me how much warframe doesn't take with it when it uninstalls XD