Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PLEASE HELP. Maxed out warframe and weapons but im still infested chow.

(XBOX)Chrispy650

Question

Im not sure how else to describe this. Just jumped back in the game. Finished the fortuna quest had a lot of fun with that. Heart of deimos was rough but got through it. Took me a few attempts to beat that 3 headed boss but got it done. Been doing some open world stuff and i cant help but notice how little damage im doing vs how easily im killed. Warframe is maxed with health resistance and energy mods. Weapons are maxed and have damage/reload mods My primary takes sometimes 2 mags to kill one enemy. My secondary isnt even worth using most of the time. Because of this i end up just running while shooting back and slowly chunking them down. By the time i kill one two more spawn and this just continues until they eventually land 2 or 3 hits on me and im down. Even the little flying things take 2 mags to kill. This has made fighting the zealoid prelate boss impossible. I either get cornerd and once the small enemies take down my shield the box throws the dagger thing and i die or they sent one of those toxic chargers that just by being close to you wipes your health in 3 seconds ignoring your shield. No matter how many enemies i clear i cant get to the boss because more spawn and i cant use abilities because i eventually run out of energy. Not enough enemies drop energy for me to continue the fight so they just come at me until i have nothing left and then i get overwhelmed. I dont understand how people do it. I have played defense missions on deimos where players seem to have infinite energy and their weapons one shot all the small enemies. Am i doing something seriously wrong? Plz help.

Last attempt i was using the ember warframe.

Okay... As a first bit of reassurance I guess I can say the Zealoid prelate is not designed to be an early game fight and there's currently nothing in the game deterring you from trying it other than what you're describing right here - the frustration of failure.

Secondly it does sound like you did the amount of modding that would be expected of you at this point in the game, however judging from just words is pretty difficult. I'd love to help but I'd need more info on how you built your weapons and warframe for now that would definitely help make sugestions for what mods to go for and maybe gear up a little before you go at it again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Crispy, share with us your weapons and overall builds, once we see what you're trying to use, we may be able to diagnose what is wrong and help you understand what you could change so things go differently.

Hey so I dont remember exactly every single mod i was using. But I was using ember with a focus on energy effiency mods and health. I was using strum for primary with mostly damage mods. And ak lato for secondary witha mix of damage/reload. Heat sword for melee. Kind of a blend with attack speed and damage. IIRC i tried matching the mods to slash and fire damage because that seems to be what damaged infested the most. Thats really all i can remember right now

10 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Okay... As a first bit of reassurance I guess I can say the Zealoid prelate is not designed to be an early game fight and there's currently nothing in the game deterring you from trying it other than what you're describing right here - the frustration of failure.

Secondly it does sound like you did the amount of modding that would be expected of you at this point in the game, however judging from just words is pretty difficult. I'd love to help but I'd need more info on how you built your weapons and warframe for now that would definitely help make sugestions for what mods to go for and maybe gear up a little before you go at it again.

Ah ok. You telling me that its not designed to be an early fight makes sense. Maybe i need to level more? I have no prime stuff at all. I replied to the other comment with a general idea of my build. I dont remember the exact mods but if thats needed i can check them later.

il y a 26 minutes, (XBOX)Chrispy650 a dit :

Hey so I dont remember exactly every single mod i was using. But I was using ember with a focus on energy effiency mods and health. I was using strum for primary with mostly damage mods. And ak lato for secondary witha mix of damage/reload. Heat sword for melee. Kind of a blend with attack speed and damage. IIRC i tried matching the mods to slash and fire damage because that seems to be what damaged infested the most. Thats really all i can remember right now

Ah ok. You telling me that its not designed to be an early fight makes sense. Maybe i need to level more? I have no prime stuff at all. I replied to the other comment with a general idea of my build. I dont remember the exact mods but if thats needed i can check them later.

Don't worry about prime items.

What you are telling us is that you are playing with starting gear, which are probably not catalyzed, nor formated, hence having a low Mod Capacity. And you should not worry about doing that yet.

That said, you are using starting mods ; which are probably not leveled up, as per a restricted Mod Capacity.

The idea behind modding is that's its much much more preferable to have a few mods, but with a lot of levels ; rather than a lots of mods low level.

If you want damage on your shooting weapons, you want to invest as much as possible into %Damage mods + %Multishot mods +%Elementary mods (%Heat and such). Doing so will multiply the stats of each other, granting a really strong DPS. If you can add on top of that some %Fire rate, it helps, but at a cost of ammo. No more ammo = 0 dps, that's something to consider. Avoid using %Physical (%Slash, %Puncture and %Impact) Mods at all cost. And don't worry about filling up the mods slots ; it's better to have two or three good mods high level, than eight mods low level.

For melee, you want the same, as in %Damage mods + %Elementary mods +%Attack Speed mods. Range can help your overall DPS as allowing you to connect more often or hits more targets. Again, avoid using %Physical mods.

For the Warfame, you can invest a bit into Vitality and Redirection, which are always good stats to have (you can't slot resistance on your weapons, mind you), but for Warframes like Ember you should avoid %Armor as it's not really worth it ; and then add the relative logical stats to perform better like %Power and %Range. Note that theorically, %Duration/%Energy Max/%Efficiency have the same impact on the game, as it's only allowing you to cast respectively less often or more often, but doesn't change the effect of your spells (in most case).

And again, Zealoid Prelate is not a boss you want to fight at this level, at all. Skip it and keep smashing Grineers on the Star Chart before coming back here stronger.

Edited by dwqrf
Typos.
  • Like 2

Primes aren't crucial, but forma is. Just maxing a warframe or weapon and modding will make it 'basic". Adding polarities will allow you to put better and higher ranked mods in. Similarly, when paired with appropriate advances will help.

Ember is fun but energy efficiency won't be enough. My Ember has an Equilibrium mod, a bunch of ability strength, max rank Arcane Energize, and the augment that makes enemies drop more energy orbs, archon shards, and I try to manage the heat with skill 2/3/4 for damage reductiion and then she's only just playable in early Steel Path. She's a bit of a glass cannon.

Infested also have the additional habit of triggering toxin clouds that ignore your shields and tick damage on you.

There's a lot to consider besides just level 30 and filling the mod slots.

hace 3 minutos, (XBOX)Chrispy650 dijo:

Given you're new it is understandable you won't remember most of the things you're using, Ember for starters is an ideal frame, so at least on that regard you're following a good path. Strun, as a shotgun is a bit... bland, if you are as Leonie says fighting the Zealot which is a considerably tough boss.

As Leonie also said, working from words and vague memories is not enough for us to help you, but, no need to remember right now, you can look at the things you were using later on and we'll work on from that. It is true that the infested are weak to both slash and heat damage, so Ember makes sense, however, the Strun deals primarily impact, so modding your weapons with, I presume, Shredder, while it'll give you more slash damage is not exactly the best idea, overall mods that give you more physical damage on a weapon (slash, impact and puncture), are ill-advised over elemental mods or other useful things.

Now, as I've said we cannot just tell you what to replace if we don't know what are you using, but we may be able to give you some guidelines when it comes to frame and weapon modding, besides advice as to where and how to obtain better weapons. Primes are good, better than their base variants, but not necessarily the only upgrade you may be need or should look after, moreover as a new player, like dwarf has stated.

If you are going to keep using your Strun, you should pay attention to invasion missions, where you can get the parts for the Strun Wraith, a good upgrade to your current shotgun while still being the same. There are other good weapons available in those you may want to obtain, sometimes they even have reactor and catalyser blueprints!

As for modding your weapon, once more do not try to use physical damage mods, instead use damage mods, as is Point Blank, and elemental damage mods if possible.  Other kinds of mods such as those that give you more crit chance and critical damage will be great, just not on this particular shotgun due to its low base critical chance. Likewise, more "comfort" leaning mods such as reload speed and such, are in 99'5% of cases not worth your time, so instead doubling down on making more damage is the only feasible answer you'll find working, from this point, up until you are a Legendary rank, few are the exceptions where going for more damage is not as helpful, but for that reason we also have some mods that grant two stats in one, like nightmare mods!

As for your Ember, building for health, duration, efficiency and a bit of strength, besides more energy max, should be good so that you can keep your immolation active and use the 90% damage reduction of the ability at its fullest, don't forget to cast Fire Blast to cool her off and not drain energy unnecessarily. Also, try to get some mods for your companion, such as Synth Deconstruct from Fortuna, this will let enemies drop health orbs sometimes, which could heal you, and if you also add Equilibrium to your Ember, even reimburse some of the energy you are using!

35 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

Don't worry about prime items.

What you are telling us is that you are playing with starting gear, which are probably not catalyzed, nor formated, hence having a low Mod Capacity. And you should not worry about doing that yet.

That said, you are using starting mods ; which are probably not leveled up, as per a restricted Mod Capacity.

The idea behind modding is that's its much much more preferable to have a few mods, but with a lot of levels ; rather than a lots of mods low level.

If you want damage on your shooting weapons, you want to invest as much as possible into %Damage mods + %Multishot mods +%Elementary mods (%Heat and such). Doing so will multiply the stats of each other, granting a really strong DPS. If you can add on top of that some %Fire rate, it helps, but at a cost of ammo. No more ammo = 0 dps, that's something to consider. Avoid using %Physical (%Slash, %Puncture and %Impact) Mods at all cost. And don't worry about filling up the mods slots ; it's better to have two or three good mods high level, than eight mods low level.

For melee, you want the same, as in %Damage mods + %Elementary mods +%Attack Speed mods. Range can help your overall DPS as allowing you to connect more often or hits more targets. Again, avoid using %Physical mods.

For the Warfame, you can invest a bit into Vitality and Redirection, which are always good stats to have (you can't slot resistance on your weapons, mind you), but for Warframes like Ember you should avoid %Armor as it's not really worth it ; and then add the relative logical stats to perform better like %Power and %Range. Note that theorically, %Duration/%Energy Max/%Efficiency have the same impact on the game, as it's only allowing you to cast respectively less often or more often, but doesn't change the effect of your spells (in most case).

And again, Zealoid Prelate is not a boss you want to fight at this level, at all. Skip it and keep smashing Grineers on the Star Chart before coming back here stronger.

This was really helpful. On most of my weapons i was using damge+slash+heat mods as upgraded as possible then using what was left for reload and things like that. I have no idea what catalyzed and formatted is so im taking that as a sign i should level up before taking this guy on because it seems like nothing i can build right now is really going to work. Best i did was got him to half health.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Anonymouse7611 said:

Primes aren't crucial, but forma is. Just maxing a warframe or weapon and modding will make it 'basic". Adding polarities will allow you to put better and higher ranked mods in. Similarly, when paired with appropriate advances will help.

Ember is fun but energy efficiency won't be enough. My Ember has an Equilibrium mod, a bunch of ability strength, max rank Arcane Energize, and the augment that makes enemies drop more energy orbs, archon shards, and I try to manage the heat with skill 2/3/4 for damage reductiion and then she's only just playable in early Steel Path. She's a bit of a glass cannon.

Infested also have the additional habit of triggering toxin clouds that ignore your shields and tick damage on you.

There's a lot to consider besides just level 30 and filling the mod slots.

I do have equilibrium on her but none of that other stuff you mentioned. It seems like i just need to keep leveling. Theres a whole new level of upgrades i dont know about.

Since a lot of base level information has already been stated I wont add much or maybe emphasise a little of what is really the important parts here.

as stated above:

• try to avoid using physical damage mods in your weapon builds that add either %impact, %puncture or %slash
    • the reason for this is that these mods damage calculation works in such a way that it only takes the base damage value of that damage type and multiplies it by the percentage given (you'll see why this is much less effective than elemental mods when we get into those)
  • mod for overall base damage increases (serration, point blank, hornet strike, pressure point) and multishot (split chamber, hells chamber, barrel diffusion)
    • reason for base damage should be obvious, multishot gives you a chance at firing more bullets/pallets which will in-turn simply multiply (as the name suggests) your base damage
  • use elemtal mods that add %cold, %toxin, %heat or %electricity (as you've already figured heat would be most effective when fighting the infested)
    • reasoning as conpared to the % based physical mods is their damage calculation, elemental mods calculate their damage based on the total base damage of the weapon which mean they factor in all other damage types present on the weapon making even a 60% increase in elemntal damage much stronger than a 120% increase in physical damage.

As for your ember:

ember has some built-in dmage reduction but you need to be able to keep it up so you need energy efficiency (streamline) and a sufficiant energy pool (flow) you also need to be able to regain that energy somehow, the equilibrium mod you might have found on your encounter with lephantis can help with this. in addition to this damage reduction is only really useful if you have sufficient health to reduce damage to so you might want to consider equipping a vitality. everything else in terms of usage has been described sufficiently by others above I think.

sorry for the very mathy answer 😅

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Given you're new it is understandable you won't remember most of the things you're using, Ember for starters is an ideal frame, so at least on that regard you're following a good path. Strun, as a shotgun is a bit... bland, if you are as Leonie says fighting the Zealot which is a considerably tough boss.

As Leonie also said, working from words and vague memories is not enough for us to help you, but, no need to remember right now, you can look at the things you were using later on and we'll work on from that. It is true that the infested are weak to both slash and heat damage, so Ember makes sense, however, the Strun deals primarily impact, so modding your weapons with, I presume, Shredder, while it'll give you more slash damage is not exactly the best idea, overall mods that give you more physical damage on a weapon (slash, impact and puncture), are ill-advised over elemental mods or other useful things.

Now, as I've said we cannot just tell you what to replace if we don't know what are you using, but we may be able to give you some guidelines when it comes to frame and weapon modding, besides advice as to where and how to obtain better weapons. Primes are good, better than their base variants, but not necessarily the only upgrade you may be need or should look after, moreover as a new player, like dwarf has stated.

If you are going to keep using your Strun, you should pay attention to invasion missions, where you can get the parts for the Strun Wraith, a good upgrade to your current shotgun while still being the same. There are other good weapons available in those you may want to obtain, sometimes they even have reactor and catalyser blueprints!

As for modding your weapon, once more do not try to use physical damage mods, instead use damage mods, as is Point Blank, and elemental damage mods if possible.  Other kinds of mods such as those that give you more crit chance and critical damage will be great, just not on this particular shotgun due to its low base critical chance. Likewise, more "comfort" leaning mods such as reload speed and such, are in 99'5% of cases not worth your time, so instead doubling down on making more damage is the only feasible answer you'll find working, from this point, up until you are a Legendary rank, few are the exceptions where going for more damage is not as helpful, but for that reason we also have some mods that grant two stats in one, like nightmare mods!

As for your Ember, building for health, duration, efficiency and a bit of strength, besides more energy max, should be good so that you can keep your immolation active and use the 90% damage reduction of the ability at its fullest, don't forget to cast Fire Blast to cool her off and not drain energy unnecessarily. Also, try to get some mods for your companion, such as Synth Deconstruct from Fortuna, this will let enemies drop health orbs sometimes, which could heal you, and if you also add Equilibrium to your Ember, even reimburse some of the energy you are using!

Awsome. Thx for the ideas. Im going to have to rework some of my mods and it seems i need to just generally level up before trying to take this boss down. I dont even know what catalyzed or any of that other modding terms you guys said is. I only know how to infuse mods and slot them. Ill try replacing my slash mods on my weapons for something better.

il y a 4 minutes, (XBOX)Chrispy650 a dit :

This was really helpful. On most of my weapons i was using damge+slash+heat mods as upgraded as possible then using what was left for reload and things like that. I have no idea what catalyzed and formatted is so im taking that as a sign i should level up before taking this guy on because it seems like nothing i can build right now is really going to work. Best i did was got him to half health.

A bit later in your progression, you will encounter Catalyst blueprint ; and Reactor Blueprint ; which are quite rare, a bit difficult to craft (and takes 23h), but allows you to double the max capacity of an item (respectively, Weapons or Warframe/Companion) ; pushing your item from 30 points Mods Capacity at level 30 ; to 60 points of mod capacity at level 30. Which allows you to really use better mods (higher level) ; or eventually, moar mods. You can already find Catalyst/Reactor in the Nightwave shop, but they are pricy.

In the same progression path, you will encounter Forma blueprint from opening Relics. Those blueprints are quite common, but relatively as hard to craft (and also takes 23h) ; and you should, at any point in the game, ensure you always have one Forma being crafted at all time in your foundry. Because Formas are consumed really fast ; not only they are often a component to craft other items, but they are also the tool you use to add new polarities on Items (polarities being the "Symbols" of the mods, allowing you cut in half its Mod Capacity cost) ; but also reset your item to level 0.

So as they are both a heavy investment in ressource in time and farm, you want to make sure to use those in really good gear (= Gear you really like, or is valued as "good" by the community).

But you can understand you can make your modding explode using both those tools, one Catalyst/Reactor and multiple Formas.

(But it comes at a cost : the Endo and the Credis required to level up the mods to fill up the Mod Capacity will grow exponentially ! That's the real challenge here.)

4 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Since a lot of base level information has already been stated I wont add much or maybe emphasise a little of what is really the important parts here.

as stated above:

• try to avoid using physical damage mods in your weapon builds that add either %impact, %puncture or %slash
    • the reason for this is that these mods damage calculation works in such a way that it only takes the base damage value of that damage type and multiplies it by the percentage given (you'll see why this is much less effective than elemental mods when we get into those)
  • mod for overall base damage increases (serration, point blank, hornet strike, pressure point) and multishot (split chamber, hells chamber, barrel diffusion)
    • reason for base damage should be obvious, multishot gives you a chance at firing more bullets/pallets which will in-turn simply multiply (as the name suggests) your base damage
  • use elemtal mods that add %cold, %toxin, %heat or %electricity (as you've already figured heat would be most effective when fighting the infested)
    • reasoning as conpared to the % based physical mods is their damage calculation, elemental mods calculate their damage based on the total base damage of the weapon which mean they factor in all other damage types present on the weapon making even a 60% increase in elemntal damage much stronger than a 120% increase in physical damage.

As for your ember:

ember has some built-in dmage reduction but you need to be able to keep it up so you need energy efficiency (streamline) and a sufficiant energy pool (flow) you also need to be able to regain that energy somehow, the equilibrium mod you might have found on your encounter with lephantis can help with this. in addition to this damage reduction is only really useful if you have sufficient health to reduce damage to so you might want to consider equipping a vitality. everything else in terms of usage has been described sufficiently by others above I think.

sorry for the very mathy answer 😅

Ha no worries. I prefer seeing how damage is calculated so i can get a better picture. 

My question is. If i add a damage mod and then a slash mod. Would the slash mod take the percentage of total base damage+damage mod? Or does it still only add a percentage of base damge without mod?

2 minutes ago, dwqrf said:

A bit later in your progression, you will encounter Catalyst blueprint ; and Reactor Blueprint ; which are quite rare, a bit difficult to craft (and takes 23h), but allows you to double the max capacity of an item (respectively, Weapons or Warframe/Companion) ; pushing your item from 30 points Mods Capacity at level 30 ; to 60 points of mod capacity at level 30. Which allows you to really use better mods (higher level) ; or eventually, moar mods. You can already find Catalyst/Reactor in the Nightwave shop, but they are pricy.

In the same progression path, you will encounter Forma blueprint from opening Relics. Those blueprints are quite common, but relatively as hard to craft (and also takes 23h) ; and you should, at any point in the game, ensure you always have one Forma being crafted at all time in your foundry. Because Formas are consumed really fast ; not only they are often a component to craft other items, but they are also the tool you use to add new polarities on Items (polarities being the "Symbols" of the mods, allowing you cut in half its Mod Capacity cost) ; but also reset your item to level 0.

So as they are both a heavy investment in ressource in time and farm, you want to make sure to use those in really good gear (= Gear you really like, or is valued as "good" by the community).

But you can understand you can make your modding explode using both those tools, one Catalyst/Reactor and multiple Formas.

(But it comes at a cost : the Endo and the Credis required to level up the mods to fill up the Mod Capacity will grow exponentially ! That's the real challenge here.)

Once i apply these can i add more of the same mods or infuse mods even higher? Or is it more of a "all the mods" type of upgrade? Like for example applying that wont let me slot more "point blank" mods right? I will have to find other types of mods to slot

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Chrispy650 said:

Im not sure how else to describe this. Just jumped back in the game. Finished the fortuna quest had a lot of fun with that. Heart of deimos was rough but got through it. Took me a few attempts to beat that 3 headed boss but got it done. Been doing some open world stuff and i cant help but notice how little damage im doing vs how easily im killed. Warframe is maxed with health resistance and energy mods. Weapons are maxed and have damage/reload mods My primary takes sometimes 2 mags to kill one enemy. My secondary isnt even worth using most of the time. Because of this i end up just running while shooting back and slowly chunking them down. By the time i kill one two more spawn and this just continues until they eventually land 2 or 3 hits on me and im down. Even the little flying things take 2 mags to kill. This has made fighting the zealoid prelate boss impossible. I either get cornerd and once the small enemies take down my shield the box throws the dagger thing and i die or they sent one of those toxic chargers that just by being close to you wipes your health in 3 seconds ignoring your shield. No matter how many enemies i clear i cant get to the boss because more spawn and i cant use abilities because i eventually run out of energy. Not enough enemies drop energy for me to continue the fight so they just come at me until i have nothing left and then i get overwhelmed. I dont understand how people do it. I have played defense missions on deimos where players seem to have infinite energy and their weapons one shot all the small enemies. Am i doing something seriously wrong? Plz help.

Last attempt i was using the ember warframe.

Ember?

Intensify alone is enough power strength. Her damage reduction ability, Immolation, doesn't consume energy between the initial casting and the heat gauge capping. Because of that she doesn't need efficiency; most veterans are running around with some combination of Equilibrium, purple shards (for the lesser version of Equilibrium, or Arcane Energize. And she doesn't need range because the 25m base range on Fire Wall is plenty good.

Healing Flame augment to have access to overguard. Adaptation for an extra measure of damage reduction. Rolling Guard for emergencies or for rolling through toxic clouds. And if that isn't enough, I'm a fan of slotting Fast Deflection and Vigilante Vigor for most frames with shields.

il y a 9 minutes, (XBOX)Chrispy650 a dit :

My question is. If i add a damage mod and then a slash mod. Would the slash mod take the percentage of total base damage+damage mod? Or does it still only add a percentage of base damge without mod?

To be precise :

Let's suppose you have a weapon doing 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, and 30 Slash. For a total of 90 base damage.

If you add a mod doing +100% Damage, you will get 60 Impact, 60 Puncture, and 60 Slash. For a total of 180 damage.

If you add instead a mod doing +100% Heat Damage, you will get 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, 30 Slash, and 90 Heat. Because it's based of the total of all the existing damage. For a total of 180 damage.

If you add instead a mod doing +100% Slash Damage, you will get 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, and 60 Slash. For a total of 120 damage. It's much less of a damage increase.

-

Now, if you add two mods doing +100% Damage and +100% Heat Damage, you get 60 Impact, 60 Puncture, 60 Slash, and 180 Heat. For a total of 360 damage, effectively doubling each other.

And for the question, if you add two mods doing +100% Damage and +100% Slash damage, you get 60 Impact, 60 Puncture, and 120 Slash. For a total of 240 damage.

Edited by dwqrf
Typos.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Chrispy650 said:

Ha no worries. I prefer seeing how damage is calculated so i can get a better picture. 

had to look that up for you cuz I never use those lol

and from what I'm finding not it only ever calculates based on the base physical damage value of its respective type and then adds overall damage modifiers on top after that.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Calculation

this is getting really deep into the weeds of it and a bit off topic tho tbh~

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwqrf said:

To be precise :

Let's suppose you have a weapon doing 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, and 30 Slash.

If you add a mod doing +100% Damage, You will get 60 Impact, 60 Puncture, and 60 Slash. For a total of 180 damage.

If you add instead a mod doing +100% Heat Damage, you will get 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, 30 Slash, and 90 Heat. Because it's based of the total of all the existing damage. For a total of 180 damage.

If you add instead a mod doing +100% Slash Damage, you will get 30 Impact, 30 Puncture, and 60 Slash. For a total of 120 damage. It's much less of a damage increase.

-

Now, if you add two mods doing +100% Damage and +100% Heat Damage, you get 60 Impact, 60 Puncture, 60 Slash, and 180 Heat. For a total of 360 damage, effectively doubling each other.

Oh wow that was a perfect explanation. Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

had to look that up for you cuz I never use those lol

and from what I'm finding not it only ever calculates based on the base physical damage value of its respective type and then adds overall damage modifiers on top after that.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Damage/Calculation

this is getting really deep into the weeds of it and a bit off topic tho tbh~

No worries dwqrf explained it perfectly if you want to check it out yourself

Just now, LittleLeoniePrime said:

dwqrf has much better teacher energy than I do lol I might know this stuff but I'll fumble my explainations xD

All good lol. Everything has been super helpful. You guys are awsome

• Like 2

à l’instant, LittleLeoniePrime a dit :

dwqrf has much better teacher energy than I do lol I might know this stuff but I'll fumble my explainations xD

It's all about trying to do the things ! Never give up, we are all doing our best 🫡.

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

Ember?

Intensify alone is enough power strength. Her damage reduction ability, Immolation, doesn't consume energy between the initial casting and the heat gauge capping. Because of that she doesn't need efficiency; most veterans are running around with some combination of Equilibrium, purple shards (for the lesser version of Equilibrium, or Arcane Energize. And she doesn't need range because the 25m base range on Fire Wall is plenty good.

Healing Flame augment to have access to overguard. Adaptation for an extra measure of damage reduction. Rolling Guard for emergencies or for rolling through toxic clouds. And if that isn't enough, I'm a fan of slotting Fast Deflection and Vigilante Vigor for most frames with shields.

I see. Maybe i need more practice to get a good ability combo going.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Magician_NG said:

see you can't make suggestions like this to an MR6 player tho

il y a 8 minutes, (XBOX)Chrispy650 a dit :

Once i apply these can i add more of the same mods or infuse mods even higher? Or is it more of a "all the mods" type of upgrade? Like for example applying that wont let me slot more "point blank" mods right? I will have to find other types of mods to slot

At some point, you will generally want to try to slot one or two mods doing +% Damage, while also slotting one or two mods doing %Multishot ; while also slotting one or two (or three) %Elementary mods, (to combo for better elements).

If you do so, that's could already be 6 mods slot taken out of 8 ; the 2 remaining being either Critical Chance + Critical damage, if the weapon has stats leaning toward thoses stats ; or another Element + %Status Chance, again, if the weapon is more oriented toward thoses stats. You could also Get more %Fire Rate, of more %Range (for explosive weapon) ; or in some case, some hybrid of crit/status. You see the picture.

Most importantly, it's important to note that weapons are what they are ; and trying to mod a weapon into something it's not doesn't give good result. Utility stats as in Fire Rate, Zoom, Magazine Capacity, Reload Speed, Range, Projectile Speed, Recoil and such ; can radically change a weapon to be usable, sure ; But considering the 500+ existing weapons, if you wanted a weapon that had more Fire Rate, Zoom, Magazine Capacity, and such, it probably already exist. If you don't mod your weapon for damage, you aren't going to be able to effectively use it ; even if you modded it to be "playable". Know what I mean ? So modding tends to be exclusively for effienct damage output, and not that much for confort.

6 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

see you can't make suggestions like this to someone who literally has not reached saturn yet tho

Fair enough, some of the mods are a bit far reaching for a newer player.

But it explains why his squadmates are tearing through missions while his mod collection isn't quite up to par.