Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

1999 design fail

Twisted_Wisdom

Sadly, with the direction Warframe movement design has been heading, I will likely end up having to give up playing Warframe.
Warframe has been the best game but more and more, not less and less, simulator sickness is becoming more of a problem and i have already become well accustomed to playing the game over the past 7 years.
I had to be very careful how i progressed through the 1999 demo. Going through the Höllvania Central Mall was also a problem (in an earlier preview).
It doesn't appear that even with some of DE staff getting simulator sickness, that there is much effort put towards limiting this as much as possible, which i find odd.
Its like expecting children will never become car sick and we all know that's not going to happen. Should those kids be ignored though?! (and no i am not a child, its more an analogy for how prevalent simulator sickness is or could be)
I suppose I was never part of the targeted demographic for Warframe.

Volt speed buff; Wisp speed buff; Protea and Styanax 4th skills, all aggravate simulator sickness (which is a form of motion sickness).
But, speed isn't a problem its the manner of movement that's the issue which is present when speed is available.
I can play Bunny, the speed 'frame' in the First Descendant without a problem.

For TennoCon 2024 DE chose to support the AbleGamers Charity, helping people with disabilities gain better access to gaming, so its confusing that Warframe game design is continuing on a path that will make it harder for players like me to continue playing Warframe.
The worse part is I don't have a good alternative to playing Warframe, so its going to be really sad for me when i can no longer play the game.

Edited by Twisted_Wisdom
  • Like 1