Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Using Kaithe controls for the Atomicycle is not okay

pythonxi

First of all I must say that everything seems great, other than the bike (and the indestructible TVs)...

Loved the new pistol. The urban atmosphere feels very refreshing. I believe I also saw "snow" in the trailer. I think it's a gonna be a winner tileset.

Now onto the topic at hand...

The Atomicycle in its current form is extremely frustrating to control using KBM. I assume it uses analog stick inputs (because when I use two opposite inputs like W/S or A/D at the same time, it comes to a complete halt). If that's the case, then I believe it wouldn't be fun on a controller as well. Like... I understand the choice, because I assume the trigger buttons are reserved for shooting while riding it. But still...

Here is my main issue: Unlike the Kaithe, the Atomicycle needs a dedicated "brake" input.

There are two basic reasons for this:

1. Years of racing/driving games trained our brains into thinking "vehicles work on throttle/brake". And the Atomicycle is a vehicle, despite some romantic individuals might refer it as a "Steel Kaithe".

I know that the Warthog exists, but I think it further proves my point.

2. The Kaithe has an actual inertia (which I am a HUGE fan of). It makes it feel heavy, almost tactile and very easy to control. On land, the Kaithe doesn't immediately fly off in the direction of your input and it comes to a full stop very quickly when you stop giving it any directional input.

The Atomicycle, on the other hand, is way too agile and, more importantly, its turn radius is HUGE compared to the Kaithe. That's why it needs a proper decelerator. No handbrake, no inertial brake like the Kaithe, but a proper brake that slows you down whenever you press it...

Thank you and have a nice day, whoever at DE is reading this.

• Like 2