Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toggle Alt Fire Button

Vilinde

We desperately need a way to swap what is considered the primary fire for weapons with an alt fire.  I love the new Hildryn augment but spamming alt fire is really really awkward and annoying.  I'm not gonna rebind whenever I want to switch loadouts.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Vilinde said:

We desperately need a way to swap what is considered the primary fire for weapons with an alt fire.  I love the new Hildryn augment but spamming alt fire is really really awkward and annoying.  I'm not gonna rebind whenever I want to switch loadouts.

Like a personal rebind, similar to hold/tap for each warframe ?

• Like 3

Personally,

I do use Wheel up & Down for Melee and fire but some players use Fire / Alt Fire... mainly AoE fans 🤣

If one is lucky/rich enough to have game set and app to have multiple keybindings, you can do this easily (My oldies Got 3 hardwares config and lots more).

Also having the ability to use CTRL+MOUSE_1 or ALT+MOUSE_1 to trigger alternative fire could be enough...!?

BY THE WAY,

As I am having some keybindings bugs(*), I am trying to find why but some weird keybinding ("SUICIDE, VIEW_HUMAN_PLAYERS,GRENADE_THROW, FIGHTER_POWER..."), not sure it is linked to koumei update or just oldies I forgot about.

(*) Keybindings need rework...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vilinde said:

need a way to swap what is considered the primary fire for weapons with an alt fire.

Rebind altfire to lmouse and primary fire to what you had alt fire on before. I do not see a problem. Do not use mouse scroll as (spammable) a button. It is not meant for that amount of action, it will break. Luckily we got automelee now (works for heavy attacks as well) and accesibility option for semi auto continuos fire so...

2 hours ago, Vilinde said:

I'm not gonna rebind whenever I want to switch loadouts.

So just put your bind in convienient place for everything. I have rebound my Mouse3 (scroll button) to side mouse button.

Ah yes, the abilities still need to be spammed there is no autofire option for those (my fingers hurt after Atlas session)

13 minutes ago, Mothman95 said:

The rapid balefire shot should just be the default at this point and the alt fire the charge.  

Exactly.  Or just give the option in the mod window for the weapon to switch alt fire and primary fire.

6 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

So just put your bind in convienient place for everything. I have rebound my Mouse3 (scroll button) to side mouse button.

Because there are only two mouse buttons that are comfortable to spam.  If it wasn't for gliding I'd rebind right click to alt fire and middle to aim, but using middle to glide would be terrible.

8 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Exactly!  A way to switch which fire is considered primary and which is alt.

1 hour ago, Vilinde said:
9 hours ago, Maxwell said:

Exactly!  A way to switch which fire is considered primary and which is alt.

Most modern mouses can do that with their software.

1 hour ago, Vilinde said:
1 hour ago, Mothman95 said:

The rapid balefire shot should just be the default at this point and the alt fire the charge.  

Exactly.  Or just give the option in the mod window for the weapon to switch alt fire and primary fire.

This is not a weapon. This is an ability. We currently have an option to reverse Hold/Tap to Tap/Hold. Just check the Balefire options. You never know, that option may already be there.

Edited by Zakkhar