The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eurogamer Warframe Review

AudioRejectz

This guy Dan Whitehead is a friend of a friend. He's okay. He's certainly played A LOT of console shooters, I can assure you.

Points I'd like to make:

Console gamers don't understand beta.

Console gamers don't understand f2p.

Warframe isn't a AAA title but it is consistently reviewed as such.

Warframe's "micro-transactions" ARE ridiculously overpriced.

Map design IS repetitive.

The tutorial IS laughable, teaching players everything they know already and yet stopping short of discussing what they don't know about advanced parkour moves and mod mechanics.

AI IS poor, but this is true of every real time game ever made. The closed corridors of the map design make AI irrelevant for the most part.

Warframe isn't deep. It IS just level/item grinding for no real purpose or benefit.

Every review I've ever read of Warframe has the same criticisms as this review. This one is just blunt about it.

This is all completely undermined by him calling it "generic". If he's played a lot of shooters, he knows Warframe is anything but "generic". I mean, there are a lot of valid criticisms, but "generic" just is not one of them.

NOOOOOOOOOOO NWN 2 RUINED THE ENTIRE GAME!!! HOW DARE YOU SAY IT WAS GOOD!?

I loved NWN. When they started NWN 2 and abandoned NWN 1 it was the end of a grand era. NWN 2 had a highly advanced build you own world creator system that was so over the top it required a literal God computer just to use it. I still can't use it to this day with the newest tech on gamer laptops. Back in the day NWN 1 was the BEST online game ever. I loved that gamed to death! The purple dragon knight thing was abit stupid though at the last second. Was like... what? Plus NWN 2 took away the ability to transform into dragons due to using the new rule sets which I hated.

BioWare did NWN 1 and patched it up to 1.69, Obsidian did NWN 2 and stopped at 1.23. This was a result of Atari and Wizards of the Coast getting into a legal feud.

Please show me smart AI from any game

the AI of Global Agenda ( free agent ) / its an ok AI

1.Console gamers don't understand beta.

2.Console gamers don't understand f2p.

3.Warframe isn't a AAA title but it is consistently reviewed as such.

4.Warframe's "micro-transactions" ARE ridiculously overpriced.

5.Map design IS repetitive.

4. ?? not really since you you can play without them....

5. all games are repetitive...also warframe is still in beta

Edited by Vyra

The amount of blind hating on Eurogamer in this thread by fanboys can't look at the game critically has turned from amusing to quite sad.

Given the score it's hardly surprising or unreasonable. Criticism is one thing - vitriol is another. The score just does work with how the same guy scores other, similar, games.

No.... since when does using cover to stop incoming fire from certain angles an exploit?

What we do here is called headglitching, due the nature of the actual system ( the no cover system) there are certain positions in which your gun is inside or blocked by whatever you use to cover yourself, but you can still fire through it.

A true cover system (a la MGS / splinter cell) would fix this (and it would help a lot with stealth).

What we do here is called headglitching, due the nature of the actual system ( the no cover system) there are certain positions in which your gun is inside or blocked by whatever you use to cover yourself, but you can still fire through it.

A true cover system (a la MGS / splinter cell) would fix this (and it would help a lot with stealth).

No we are not firing through anything we actually have to get to gun out of what's blocking view.

In this game the bullets actually come from the barrel of the gun, run up very close to a container and shoot and you will see that because the gun is over the container even though the sights are centered you are not going to hit anything. And you will actually find yourself shooting at what you are using as cover if you dont pop out enough. This extremely annoying with Sniper because you switch to FP mode and you can see where you position yourself.

Our imperfect, ever-growing, passion project will receive reviews from all walks of outlets – this is a part of the ‘gaming ecosystem’ that we all find ourselves in. We benefit because we can reprioritize and reflect, now with added input. Locking – many of us have shared thoughts on this and as always we have a lot of work ahead.