Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Dread Bow Damage Build?

Shankerz

Hey all i just received a dread bow as a gift from my brother and was wondering what the best known build is for the bow. So far the mods i have to use are serration, cyro round, arrow mutation, infected clip, hellfire,piercing hit, hammer shot,point strike, speed trigger, thunderbolt, vital sense. I also have currently 5 Forma V mods slots and one  dash  "-"  forma slots made.

i have enough forma to get the entire bow built eventually.   was wondering what is the best possible build for straight high-end damage. also are there any other mods ill need?

any constructive criticism is appreciated.

Basic bow mods are Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Split Chamber and maybe Hammershot.

The rest (elemental build) is up to you. 

Cryo + Shock = Magnetic for Corpus

Heat + Slash = Heat Slash (they don't combine) for Infested

Shock + Toxic = Corrosive for Grineer

Basic bow mods are Serration, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Speed Trigger, Split Chamber and maybe Hammershot.

The rest (elemental build) is up to you. 

@wkfire what about heavy caliber is that a stock one also? thats necessary? 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Damage_2.0

~The more you know~(Or think to know)

I think that dread should just go with a full crit build, and often you will insta-kill anything anyway if you charge it and got a good aim(weakspots) against higher level targets.

I am using serration/split chamber/vital sense/vital strike/hammershot currently, will likely add fire and slash damage mods as well as heavy caliber, but not sure about HC, the accuracy debuff could be a possible pain.

Haha that, I didn't include the corrupted mods because there's trade off. So it's up to you on that. But you might end up having to forma the weapon quite a few times though xD

The Dread still wrecks Infested as well as Grineer (aim for the heads, they're weak to slash damage) in the Damage 2.0 world.

I'd recommend this build: max Serration and Split Chamber in the V slots, max Point Strike, max Vital Sense, max Hammer Shot, max Speed Trigger and max Sawtooth Clip. If you want to add an elemental combo to it, a forma or two will be needed but I wouldn't take out the crit mods for anything.

As making your shots count is important for the Dread, I wouldn't use Heavy Caliber.

No, heavy caliber totally ruins bow's accurasy.

As for ts...

a must part:

serration - pure damage

point strike - crit chance

vital sense - crit damage

hammer shot - crit damage and proc chance

split chamber - multishot

speed  trigger - increasing charging rate

further improvements are all up to you:

i'd strogly recommend you to install ice+toxin to get viral combo damage, which is dealing 200% on health

also base prevailing slash damage is dealing 150% health damage.

So you'll get most perfomance against infested using this setup.

I use thunderbolt with a maxed split chamber as the base for my build. Maxed Serration as well, obviously. It's actually quite nice, and I get explosions nearly every shot.

Edited by pluto7443

yeah i was told thunderbolt was not very good end game?  

Correct.  It does 250 explosion damage flat. While it may be fun to play with, another damage mod will be better.  Keep in mind though, bows and snipers have limitations and are not the most effective end game.  They are really just for fun, so throwing in thunderbolt for extra amusement factor is totally ok in my book.

As most posts already mentioned: Serration, split chamber and speed trigger pretty much earned their slot.  Heavey caliber will destroy the head shot which is the only thing bows and snipers are meant to do.

Vital Sense, hammershot, and point strike are for crit build.  With the wind up, aim and travel time, you really want things to die in one hit.  20% crit on dread does make it a viable option if you want to go this route.

As for elemental damage, you always want corrosive and heat in a balanced build.  For a majority of weapons, you will have space to put on the three mods required to do this.  And since you can't boost one particular elemental more than the given mods, you should do this.  The nightmare mods, wildfire, blaze and icestorm are the only ones I recall that can be used to stack more damage for one element.

Corrosive does 75% to armor and 50% to robotics.  Heat does 75% to flesh and 50% to infested.  It will cover every fractions but shields and have no negatives.  Doing this on an impact weapon (50% to shields) will work magic, but dread is a slash type.  Cernos is impact but corpus crewman head take almost no damage from it.  Hope this gets reworked.

If you run corpus only missions, consider replacing corrosive with magnetic that does 75% to shield and 50% to robotics.  Though if the mission gets taken over by grineers, a lack of boosts against armor can be painful.  Modding your sentinel weapon for magnetic will also be an option.

There are more specialized builds, but personally I am too lazy to bother with them except for really high level defense and survival.  Corrosive + heat will last you through T3 Defense with level 60s and voids require more balanced weapons.

Cernos is impact but corpus crewman head take almost no damage from it.  Hope this gets reworked.

You shouldn't be aiming for corpus crewman heads, it the only "armored" para they have.

Also, consider dread as an infested anihilator bow. It serves no other purpose.

Use dread vs infested, paris vs grineer, and cernos vs corpus. Mod acordingly:

Dread: Fire, slash or blast.

Paris: Puncture, corrosive, heat, viral blast or gas.

Cernos: Impact and anything mixed with electricity.

Thunderbolt is really usefull as long as you mantain your range, serration is mandatory. Also split chamber and shred are great. I'm not a big fan of crit build since 20% and 200% is not THAT much and prefer more reliable dps instead.