Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hear Us De: Please Fix Torid's Gas Cloud Damage!

Whitewolf..UK..

HEAR ME DE.

-Make Torid work the way it did in U10.

-Grenades can remain toxic damage or change to impact

-The gas DoT is too slow

-The gas needs to have its proper damage values

-Change Torid to mastery 7, its an endgame weapon

@Exinanis You must know nothing about the Torid.

Edit: STOP making new weapons DE. Do you realize how many weapons need work? Do you realize how much damage 2.0 needs work?

Edited by Seanjuju

HEAR ME DE.

-Make Torid work the way it did in U10.

-Grenades can remain toxic damage or change to impact

-The gas DoT is too slow

-The gas needs to have its proper damage values

-Change Torid to mastery 7, its an endgame weapon

@Exinanis You must know nothing about the Torid.

Edit: STOP making new weapons DE. Do you realize how many weapons need work? Do you realize how much damage 2.0 needs work?

if I am correct you are not apart of DE and thus can not tell them to "stop making new weapons"

they need new content every once in a while specially since we have a new crowd: PS4 users

they are juggling all kinds of things so of course they are also working on balancing and tweaking weapons/warframe/gameplay

fix isnt instantaneous, it takes time and people who work on one thing also have to work on other things

I am rather passionate about this indeed but it will come in time

@Anatolius I'm telling them to stop making weapons. Couldn't care less about people wanting a new weapon to play with every few weeks. I doubt any PS4 user has even gotten every weapon and maxed it. Damage 2.0 was released incomplete and should get the attention it deserves. Making new weapons takes time from whoever's in charge of balancing. I'm not being impatient, damage 2.0 should be the top priority.

-Innate Elemental Weapons

-Puncture/Slash/Impact Mod Values

-Status Mod Values

-Mastery Rank Requirements

These things will take time. Don't get me wrong, I like the consistent progress DE is making on damage 2.0 but we just don't need new weapons that may have issues of their own this moment. There are better areas that could use the resources right now.

Edited by Seanjuju

I just wanna say this weapon does feel strange, by this i mean the "dart" does the most damage where a weapon like that should do more damage with the gas cloud. I think by simply swapping the damage roles we would see a much better weapon. by this i mean let the cloud do the more damage then the dart. you can DoT anything you want after they leave the cloud it but while in the cloud they should take a constant tick of extreme damage. also the cloud doesn't last long enough there for I think a mod should be made to increase the duration up to 1.5sec total. 6 levels of 0.25 seems seems good duration buff.

Pressing concerns for Torid and by extension. Acrid.

1) Let DOT get damage bonuses.

2) Both require a 100% proc rate for their DOT and cloud for Torid.

3) Prevent DOT stacking. Capping at maximum of 3 DOTs.

Suddenly Acrid and Torid becomes much more usable.

Acrid still has the damage worthy of a rank 7 weapon, but will it be as powerful as before ?

Nope because DOT is refreshed after being applied 2 to 3 times.

Torid will be the same as well.

The Torid issue is known and will be looked at.

Copy/paste

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Staffgroupimage.png[DE]Megan

• photo-thumb-384139.jpg?_r=1384877553
  • Administrator
  • 711 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 02:36 PM

This bug is known and logged, sorry for the frustration!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is taken from the following thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/140063-torrid-bug-update-11/

And some of the issues is explained in my previouse post here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139675-another-torid-thread/

Hope you find it usefull.

Regards,

Stormfinnare

This is a copy/paste from a similar post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an Acrid and a Torid.

Even after the changes to Acrid (11.0.7) I can use this weapon effectively even without having Forma'd it.

The Torid on the other hand...
587.5 Gas Damage
423.0 Magnetic Damage.
(Before Split chamber, Before Forma, Rank 26)

Oh to be sure, anything that I hit directly gets annihilated

but the cloud it leaves behind isn't even strong enough to kill a Corpus Camera. 26 Magnetic + 2 Viral damage per tic.

So basically the Torid is now what we call a "Slug Thrower".
Changing its role from choke point suppression to the world's least accurate sniper rifle.
Which is especially daunting when you consider how bizarre the exit point is on the weapon when aiming up or down.

I was really hoping the split between slug and could was shifted more in the cloud's favor.
It's not a completely unusable weapon. it can really beat people up if you hit them
IF you HIT them.
I don't dislike it, I just never expected to have a weapon like this in my arsenal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+1 to OP.

This is a copy/paste from a similar post.

I have an Acrid and a Torid.

Even after the changes to Acrid (11.0.7) I can use this weapon effectively even without having Forma'd it.

The Torid on the other hand...

587.5 Gas Damage

423.0 Magnetic Damage.

(Before Split chamber, Before Forma, Rank 26)

Oh to be sure, anything that I hit directly gets annihilated

but the cloud it leaves behind isn't even strong enough to kill a Corpus Camera. 26 Magnetic + 2 Viral damage per tic.

So basically the Torid is now what we call a "Slug Thrower".

Changing its role from choke point suppression to the world's least accurate sniper rifle.

Which is especially daunting when you consider how bizarre the exit point is on the weapon when aiming up or down.

I was really hoping the split between slug and could was shifted more in the cloud's favor.

It's not a completely unusable weapon. it can really beat people up if you hit them

IF you HIT them.

I don't dislike it, I just never expected to have a weapon like this in my arsenal.

+1 to OP.

I don't care about the torid bit, but how on earth did you make your acrid viable? Please I must know. 1 damage per DoT against anything above lvl 5 :(

I don't care about the torid bit, but how on earth did you make your acrid viable? Please I must know. 1 damage per DoT against anything above lvl 5 :(

Well I'm not storming a 30min session of T3 Survival using just the Acrid. But this video should give you some idea of how it performs vs. Lv30~35.

twitch.tv - Acrid vs. Ambulas

Now, mind you, my definition of "viable" is "Supports the use of a Main by providing a tactical option that the Main does not."

Don't know if it really helps you, but I hope it's given you some ideas or at least.

I also don't mind if it supports the opinion (or if you feel) that the weapon is still lacking.

I just happen to find it's a good backup weapon in many situations. Like if I need to reload my shotgun (or hehe, Torid) or focus damage in a smaller target at farther range.

Well I'm not storming a 30min session of T3 Survival using just the Acrid. But this video should give you some idea of how it performs vs. Lv30~35.

twitch.tv - Acrid vs. Ambulas

Now, mind you, my definition of "viable" is "Supports the use of a Main by providing a tactical option that the Main does not."

Don't know if it really helps you, but I hope it's given you some ideas or at least.

I also don't mind if it supports the opinion (or if you feel) that the weapon is still lacking.

I just happen to find it's a good backup weapon in many situations. Like if I need to reload my shotgun (or hehe, Torid) or focus damage in a smaller target at farther range.

DOT doing 1 damage a tick, ticks 4 times, so thats 4 damage from the only thing that made the acrid unique and fun :/

Edited by supersaupe

DOT doing 1 damage a tick, ticks 4 times, so thats 4 damage from the only thing that made the acrid unique and fun :/

On the crewmen/tech it was doing 18 dmg per tick and on the non-boss robotics it was doing 6 dmg per tick; also let's be clear, Viral damage isn't even really the best damage type to use vs robots.

If you only want to count the case that it's 1 dmg per tic vs Ambulas, that's fair since I did name the video "Acrid vs. Ambulas", but it in no way is 1 per tick vs. anything else. Granted not as potent as it was before on the DoT side, but by base damage, effective nonetheless once property modded. And I hadn't even polarized it.

Still, like Torid I would like to see the output shifted more from base damage to DoT, but in the case of the Acrid the need for this is not as greatly pressing as the Torid. Since you really only get that one, slow, arcing shot with a lethargic re-fire and an even more sloth-like reload. Acrid can at least pull its weight by being a barrage weapon, if not the most ammo friendly one.

• 2 weeks later...