Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Current State Of Ember

Inberun

She's very potent if properly modded. It requires several forma however, when a viable build should not -require- forma.

My Ember Prime is Formaed 5 times, equip with Maxed Focus + Blind Rage and an Ignis still do the "burning job" better than her. Look at Volt, he can one shot level 30 Corpus with Overload and in a huge aoe. Ember's WoF takes time to hit each enemy one by one, not all at once.

Overall frame abilities need reworking - there are some that needed that to begin with (like Shadows of the dead) but most of them are skills that got useless thanks to the new damage system.

Try Wave of Ice on rank 4 heavies. Last I was so naive to do it, it was like a gentle breeze for them.

Overheat nerf was too much. I can confirm that Overheat no longers reducies incoming damage to shields. That was a plain silly move because she has average speed and below average health and armor. Allow us tank as Ember for God's sake, everybody loved her as a poweful close range fighter. Now she is as useful as a dagger.

My Ember Prime is Formaed 5 times, equip with Maxed Focus + Blind Rage and an Ignis still do the "burning job" better than her. Look at Volt, he can one shot level 30 Corpus with Overload and in a huge aoe. Ember's WoF takes time to hit each enemy one by one, not all at once.

Something tells me you put Stretch on your Ember as well. Which is a silly thing to do.

As someone who's favorite frame is Ember, I can safely say the debuffs to her are becomming asinine. It's one thing to say "this is too good" and another to let things which are stupidly OP just fly under the radar while other, not even potentially as OP things, get slammed and broken. I can't believe DE implemented damage 2.0 without thuroughly thinking about how the elemental damage types would suddenly nerf half the frames but leave others untouched. Personally I feel this whole update was rushed for PS4, but that's just me. I don't think the problem lays with "nerfing" or buffing anything, they have to rework all the damage in the game around 2.0, not just how weapons work, how powers and elements work as well. Don't even get me started on the armor nerf, or the fact that they apparently made Ember Prime even more of a joke. I'd almost swear someone at DE has it out for her.

She's very potent if properly modded. It requires several forma however, when a viable build should not -require- forma.

i think the main pint here is she can't be potent in this state. i know for one seeing as she was my first frame and i built her as a DPS tank. it could take out wave's 1-10 on Kala-Azaar with no issue. and could get to about waves 1-8(about that) on outer terminus and keist. i have tried this with her once again in this new damage system and with the new nerfing to her. she lasts about 1 wave on each. might as well use your weapons and call it a day. ho ever her abilities took a big dive only dealing DPS to one enemy at a time with her 4th. and the outher abilities dont do anything really now.

Scott has allready said she is still in work. She was original meant to get her upgrade when her Prime version comes out but that got delayed.

I guess since his work on damage 2.0 had been heavily delayed because of an argument with Steve, he didn't had the time to completely get Ember done. Also he now needs to take damage 2.0 into account too.

Either way, we threw a lot of feedback at him, i'm interested in seeing what he has taken from it.

Hopefull a complete overwork of fireball. Unlike what Mak says, the thing simply does not work. I aim it into a horde of enemies and it goes through then and hits the far left wall of where i was aiming. Or i shoot it at their path and wal right through it without harm.

Edited by Othergrunty

Fire Blast is ok (I rarely use it)

no, no and no. fire blast is a complete joke now. it had gotten to the point where it was reliable crowd control up to pretty high levels due to the burning effect that finally after so many months didn't make enemies continue to run towards you but stopped them dead in their tracks. it was one step forward and now two steps back.

Edited by SlyBoots

Scott has allready said she is still in work. She was original meant to get her upgrade when her Prime version comes out but that got delayed.

I guess since his work on damage 2.0 had been heavily delayed because of an argument with Steve, he didn't had the time to completely get Ember done. Also he now needs to take damage 2.0 into account too.

Either way, we threw a lot of feedback at him, i'm interested in seeing what he has taken from it.

Hopefull a complete overwork of fireball. Unlike what Mak says, the thing simply does not work. I aim it into a horde of enemies and it goes through then and hits the far left wall of where i was aiming. Or i shoot it at their path and wal right through it without harm.

This. Ember is still in the works. DE has acknowledged this.

Also, I have noticed that no one has actually offered any suggestions about how they want Ember to work.

1a. Fireball. Increase the flight speed and up the AoE of the DoT burn. Possibly give it higher percentage chance to deal the burning status effect.

OR

1b. Fireball. Increase the flight speed and turn it into an explosive projectile that has a ~50% chance to knock down / stagger a target upon detonation.

2. Overheat. Make sure that it does what it says in the wiki, giving a 40% damage reduction to shields and health. Other than that the DoT is fairly solid, although this is definitely a skill that has niche appeal for the Infested.

3a. Fire Blast. Enemies should take fire damage as long as they are within the ring, rather then just when they cross a paper-thin area making up the edge.

OR

3b. Fire Blast. Greatly increase the chance for a stagger or burn status effect, which will cause enemies to linger in the damaging area of the ability.

4. World on Fire. Has such an impressive and misleading name. According to the wiki it only sets 3 enemies on fire at a time and is affected by their armor. Either increase the number of enemies that can be affected - which would make it more viable for infested levels - or decrease how much it is affected by armor - making it better in Grineer levels.

(Furthermore, World of Fire just doesn't work in the animation and sound department. The animation lacks weight and impact, or any kind of wild fury. You are surrounded by a ring of wisps that lazily travel around you, and enemies just fall down when you enter their proximity. Perhaps make it so that, instead, a wave of fire erupts outward from Ember every second when the DoT procs.)

So far the only good times I've had with Ember had been in Infested missions. And the only times I've had a really good time with her abilities have been when I was multicasting, and stacking the DoT from World on Fire, Fire Blast and Overheat. Considering a number of other frames can get similar destructive potential with only a fraction of the cost, yes. She needs a rework.

Edited by TheThreadWeaver

Fire Ball is useless as usual

Overheat seems to only affect your armor

Fire Blast is ok (I rarely use it)

World On Fire now only hit enemies one by one and barely set them on fire (unlike Volt)

This has been the case since a long time.

See my thread, dated 21st June.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68041-embers-stealth-nerfing/

They are "looking into it".

Yeah. Sure.

This has been the case since a long time.

See my thread, dated 21st June.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/68041-embers-stealth-nerfing/

They are "looking into it".

Yeah. Sure.

They are. Unfortunately properly balancing a frame is not as easy as just changing some values when you have so much content to consider. Add in the fact that we are a very fickle community, and the fact that at any given time DE probably has maybe a dozen projects going... yeah, it's going to take a long time. I mean, we only JUST got Volt fixed.

They are. Unfortunately properly balancing a frame is not as easy as just changing some values when you have so much content to consider. Add in the fact that we are a very fickle community, and the fact that at any given time DE probably has maybe a dozen projects going... yeah, it's going to take a long time. I mean, we only JUST got Volt fixed.

Volt was not fixed because they fixed Volt.

Volt got fixed because of Damage 2.0.

Ember's WoF was BUGGED since 21st June (only damaging 1 enemy if you are the host, sometimes even as a client), damage wise, she was fine.

Volt was not fixed because they fixed Volt.

Volt got fixed because of Damage 2.0.

Ember's WoF was BUGGED since 21st June (only damaging 1 enemy if you are the host, sometimes even as a client), damage wise, she was fine.

Volt had his Overload adjusted so that you would no longer helplessly float in the air, vulnerable, after it is cast. This HUGELY increased his viability.

I'm not disagreeing with you that Ember is underpowered. I'm not disagreeing with you that it's bugged.

ALL I'm saying is that, given what DE has on its plate - making new content, responding to much larger amounts of feedback for the new content, figuring out the new damage system, etc - Ember is probably pretty low on their priority list, especially since despite the nerfs she's still fairly usable in a good bulk of the content (Infested, at least 1/3). For all we know it could take another month, or even another half-year to get her up to a level where she will make everyone happy.

What we DO know is that she IS being looked at. It has been mentioned in videos and livestreams. There IS a fix coming. We can aid in that by offering constructive, balanced criticism and feedback on what we want Ember to be.

Other than that, we just have to be patient. Because it's one of the only constructive things we can do.

-snip-

Patience is a thing we need, yes.

But come on, half a year with the same bugs and useless abilities. I'm not even talking about Ember. Nyx needs to be looked at, too. They should have kept the Lecta, Cernos and AKLex for a week or two and fix stuff instead.

I kinda feel neglected by DE sometimes...