Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Soma Build For Damage :)

Shankerz

Question

8 answers to this question

i put all crit mods on my soma plus heavy caliber and serration.after that u can put some elemtal mods of ur choice. you dont want any fire rate mod on ur soma coz one to two bullets is all u need when u got ur crit build coming..i hit lvl 50 guys at 4k-7k on headshots with my soma :D

is ammo drum or extended magazine or rifle ammo mutation a necessity ?

None of those are necessary if you don't spray through the whole mission. If you are planning to do that though, you're better off getting Medium Ammo Pads. 

Or, if you don't have much resources, you can always rely on your sidearm and melee (That's why they exist, right? :P)

I've just slapped my third forma on my soma. I'll fully admit my build may not be optimal since 2.0 and I while I have nightmare mods I don't have a lot of corrupted ones.

For Corpus and void missions:

1. Serration - mine's two from the top but I'm working on it.

2. Split Chamber - maxed

3. Point strike - maxed

4. Vital sense - maxed

5. Rifle ammo mutation - this one is personal and can vary depending on what you expect

6. Heavy Caliber - I'm using this carefully. I currently have it at rank 3 and I'm dialing it up slowly. I like being able to pull of long range shots. According to PeoplesChoiceGaming, you're ok four from the top, but don't want to go higher.

7. Stormbringer - maxed

8. Cryo rounds - as high as you can manage.

This is a bit of a compromise for void missions. I see corpus guys standing up longest so I went with magnetic.

For Infested, remove stormbringer and cryo rounds, put in hellfire (maxed) and wildfire.

For Grineer, remove the cryo rounds and put in an Infected Clip.

You can also pull the ammo mutation at your discretion, maybe use a shred or whatever.