Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ign Review On Warframe

Eremes

This review isn't bad at all. The Eurogamer one was terrible though, if not outright insulting.

There isn't a story to this game, so I guess that's fair. I'm not sure it's a bad thing, personally, and I usually like stories... so there's that.

It is brutal to newbies. I had a hard time starting out, and if it wasn't for my son playing I probably would have just given up. 

Spending a little bit on platinum for a different Warframe and/or some new weapons makes things much smoother, though, and I think it's stupid to fault a free to play game for having microtransactions that offer that sort of boost to the experience. Game devs gotta eat too, don't dock them a point for it.

Well, I'd rate Warframe like 6/10 and would remove "Great co-op" from it. Because it's too damn viable to play alone in team, having one only for increased number of enemies and drops.

Also, if we should use rate system like

I'd say

-1 for cheap and vulgar ninja advertisement

-1 for cheap name

-1 for "eternal beta" way

That's only before actually checking this out.

You ever try to run Xini for the full 15 by yourself?

Mm, they kinda are, $15 for a gun (213.4375 plat to be more exact I think) isn't exactly fair...

A gun that you can get for free in roughly 1 hour of free gameplay.Ye , totaly unfair.

What strikes me surprised is not how spoiled you have to be to complain about that but how are these people even making any profit.

A gun that you can get for free in roughly 1 hour of free gameplay.Ye , totaly unfair.

What strikes me surprised is not how spoiled you have to be to complain about that but how are these people even making any profit.

1 hour maybe for veteran players who have sunk more than 200 hours into the game. Think of the new player who has no idea about how to do half of the content due to lack of a proper tutorial and has to slowly crawl through unlocking planets. And then their gear is S#&$ty so they can't farm probably even 1/10th as efficiently. And then there's the 12 hour (or more) wait to have it built in the foundry. Sure, for those of us who already have 20 weapons, we can wait. But this newbie's first weapon won't be available until probably the next afternoon when they can play again. The initial grind wall to break through heavily encourages an initial purchase of platinum. That's aggressive microtransactions.

Ad hominems if that's all ya got, grow up a bit. And for your information I haven't bought any weapons because of the stupid price tag, if they fixed the market I'd gladly buy a few of the weapons I need to level, but like @(*()$ hell I'm shelling out $15 for something I'll level and store forever.

As for the 1 hour of gameplay, yes, for a vet! Not so much for other newer players, and again so what if you can get the gun for free? How does that make a $15 price tag ok, ESPECIALLY with no way for new players to try the guns? Again, you're just gonna keep saying "B-b-but you can get it for free!", think of something new, we're looking at the price tag, nothing else.

Lets use another example: You COULD pay $1000 for a toaster OR you could just scavenge parts and build one for free! So stop complaining about the price tag! (Not the best example, and I welcome anyone who can think of a better one for me to use)

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

Such as...? I found most of the complaints to be fairly spot on, only thing I didn't really see was RNG, but that was because he didn't play far enough.

except the pay to play thing. He clearly state Warframe is pay to play. It is not. The dude didn't even bother to SCROLL DOWN...

except the pay to play thing. He clearly state Warframe is pay to play. It is not. The dude didn't even bother to SCROLL DOWN...

The game heavily entices you to spend money by putting up a very big grind wall for new players, which is pretty shady.

1 hour maybe for veteran players who have sunk more than 200 hours into the game. Think of the new player who has no idea about how to do half of the content due to lack of a proper tutorial and has to slowly crawl through unlocking planets. And then their gear is S#&$ty so they can't farm probably even 1/10th as efficiently. And then there's the 12 hour (or more) wait to have it built in the foundry. Sure, for those of us who already have 20 weapons, we can wait. But this newbie's first weapon won't be available until probably the next afternoon when they can play again. The initial grind wall to break through heavily encourages an initial purchase of platinum. That's aggressive microtransactions.

Yes because there's so much depth in Warframe.Give me a break ..Aim and shoot .There , done?

By the second or third day (because I was feeling laizy ) I have learned the game.On the 4'rth day I managed to buy and build every single weapon on the market that i liked .Whitin a day I managed to get all the necesary resourses , hardly even trying.By the 5'th day I was walking with all of those weapons in my inventory.And I didn't even started to experience the game yet.

Quit whining..

The game heavily entices you to spend money by putting up a very big grind wall for new players, which is pretty shady.

big grind? I started a new game. I can guarantee you. You can make several of the weapons from the get go. Not that hard. Even the Warframes are something of relative ease now ever since they changed warframe drops to instant obtain at the end of the mission.

The only things that are a big grind are Tenno weapons, and prime gear.

Yes because there's so much depth in Warframe.Give me a break ..Aim and shoot .There , done?

By the second or third day (because I was feeling laizy ) I have learned the game.On the 4'rth day I managed to buy and build every single weapon on the market that i liked .Whitin a day I managed to get all the necesary resourses , hardly even trying.By the 5'th day I was walking with all of those weapons in my inventory.And I didn't even started to experience the game yet.

Quit whining..

And you played for how long across those 4 days?

Ad hominems if that's all ya got, grow up a bit. And for your information I haven't bought any weapons because of the stupid price tag, if they fixed the market I'd gladly buy a few of the weapons I need to level, but like @(*()$ hell I'm shelling out $15 for something I'll level and store forever.

As for the 1 hour of gameplay, yes, for a vet! Not so much for other newer players, and again so what if you can get the gun for free? How does that make a $15 price tag ok, ESPECIALLY with no way for new players to try the guns? Again, you're just gonna keep saying "B-b-but you can get it for free!", think of something new, we're looking at the price tag, nothing else.

Lets use another example: You COULD pay $1000 for a toaster OR you could just scavenge parts and build one for free! So stop complaining about the price tag! (Not the best example, and I welcome anyone who can think of a better one for me to use)

yes . ad hominem's because the problem is with you.I think it's you who needs to grow up.

Doesn't matter if he played for 4 hours or 400 hours.

If 4 hours makes him or most new player feels that way, it's a fail.

If 400 hours makes him or most old players feels the same way, it's still a fail.

Those can argue what ever they want, can't change the review getting 80% thumb ups;

That means, 80% of people agrees.

Or I don't know... get 25,000 credits... go to store and buy a braton? No waiting, or farming for resources(or dollars spent)... If people can play that mess of a game Mech Warriors online, and painstakingly collect all those credits just to buy some huge atlas. Then someone should easily be able to play a couple levels. Have some fun, and get a braton, or when they found out about the void. Play 5 missions of it, and buy a lex for 50,000, or even better play 10, buy a sentinel BP, and then continue to collect resources. Even noobs go... OH LOOK PETS!!! and than they proceed to attempt getting it.

Edited by Arlayn

Doesn't matter if he played for 4 hours or 400 hours.

If 4 hours makes him or most new player feels that way, it's a fail.

If 400 hours makes him or most old players feels the same way, it's still a fail.

Those can argue what ever they want, can't change the review getting 80% thumb ups;

That means, 80% of people agrees.

80% of people who looked at the article. Who knows how many actually looked. Are we talking Everyone? As all several Billion humans on the planet? Are we talking gamers? All several Million of them? No... Were talking about several hundred people who even bother to go to a review site. I never go to review sites. Why? Because every review site, and every review magazine gave Gundam Crossfire a LOW SCORE!!! THAT GAME WAS FRIGGIN GODLY EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I trust no reviewer... Because no one gave it a high score.

No, he said "Drop $60 on it and forget the F2P" (or something like that) because of how harsh the newbie experience is.

yes . ad hominem's because the problem is with you.I think it's you who needs to grow up.

Ad hominem again! Man, you're on a roll today! If that's the only argument you have, then GG you've lost. So like you said "I think it's you who needs to grow up." And since we're doing ad hominems, there is no apostrophe in "ad hominems" (which is the plural), there is a space after every period, and you capitalize the first letter after each period.

Or I don't know... get 25,000 credits... go to store and buy a braton? No waiting, or farming for resources(or dollars spent)... If people can play that mess of a game Mech Warriors online, and painstakingly collect all those credits just to buy some huge atlas. Then someone should easily be able to play a couple levels. Have some fun, and get a braton, or when they found out about the void. Play 5 missions of it, and buy a lex for 50,000, or even better play 10, buy a sentinel BP, and then continue to collect resources. Even noobs go... OH LOOK PETS!!! and than they proceed to attempt getting it.

Not sure how many new players don't leave buffer, and just dump every credit they just made into a blue print.

Just to disprove your statement, after buying a pet blue print, you still have to farm resources.

Control module and alloy plate can be obtained through void, only if host don't mind a newbie bringing MK1 braton into the mission.

Circuit has to be farmed in Venus, 400 will requite 5-10 games.

Nano spore has to be farmed in Saturn, 2-3 games should be sufficent.

Then another amount of credit required for Crafting the pet.

It doesn't just happens after you buy the blue print.

And for reference, please, try a new account, without any reactor or catalyst or forma, or full set of mod.

Cause I did, and it's pain in the &#!; even my main account is mastery rank 13, almost 14.