Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground Finishers And Stealth Attacks Should Not Be Weaker Than Normal Melee

Lunaticked

This has been an issue for a long time, and I'm noticing it more and more as I work with melee weapons that don't use charge builds. Ground finishers and stealth attacks do -far- less damage over time compared to my normal attacks. They lock my frame into an animation that takes far too long and gives time for...

1. Hysteria to wear off.

2. Stealth to wear off.

3. Knocked down heavy to get up and obliterate my face.

I put more effort into NOT ground finishing or stealth killing enemies than I have ever put into initiating these actions.

They either need a significant buff, or an option to not even use them.

I agree I've stopped trying to do finishers or stealth attack because its faster to just do basic or charge attacks, I don't think that even the finisher mod would fix this its still too weak. Also for anyone that think this is because of heavy weapons I've done this with heavy weapons like hate to weapons like fangs they all don't do enough damage for the time it takes.

I agree and +1 to that.  I also seem to run into glitches where the finisher animation plays but I manage to completely miss the target.  If I'm going to lose control of my character for a period of time while it performs a context action, that action needs to be relevant and meaningful for the gameplay, and it also needs to actually work.  If the finished can't connect, it should not trigger.

First step would be to make the ground finishers actually work since about half the weapons can't even reliably connect with an enemy...

That. Both finishers and stealth attacks are very situational, you have to be at the perfect spot at the perfect moment. Makes mods like Finishing Touch nigh useless, there's just no guarantee you will land an actual finisher when you try to.

The damaged should be buffed to. Hope they make it happen at some point.

Other than the obvious unreliable nature of it activating, it's definitely something I avoid as well due to it's damage. Even if it was directly linked to damage or charge damage, it would be pretty situational unless there was a completely alternate key (or key combo) to execute it.

Stealth Kills should just be insta-gib, regardless of enemy (except "true" bosses). Yes, even Grineer Bombards.

Considering the sacrifice you have to make in order to sneak up on someone (can't have any Sentinel other than Shade for example), it would not be too much.

Stealth Kills should just be insta-gib, regardless of enemy (except "true" bosses). Yes, even Grineer Bombards.

Considering the sacrifice you have to make in order to sneak up on someone (can't have any Sentinel other than Shade for example), it would not be too much.

Problem there is Loki and Ash can stealth kill easily. When I stealth run with Loki I need to make sure I run in front of things before I kill them so I don't stupidly trigger a stealth kill. Imaging bringing a Rank 0 melee weapon to a high level area and just one shotting everything to level. Fun, but weird.

Problem there is Loki and Ash can stealth kill easily. When I stealth run with Loki I need to make sure I run in front of things before I kill them so I don't stupidly trigger a stealth kill. Imaging bringing a Rank 0 melee weapon to a high level area and just one shotting everything to level. Fun, but weird.

I would hope so.

It'd be a damn shame if Ash couldn't even excel verse most of his brothers and sisters in his supposed home-field.

Generally when I go for Take-downs, I'm using
- Ash with "Smoke Screen" + "Melee Channel".

Related:
Saryn also synergies with "Melee Channel" when using Contagion.

But as I've alluded to by posting a link to my fix above, melee needs an overall adjustment, and the practical use of take-downs and finishers is not where it needs to be.