Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Guys, Relax. Take A Deep Breath. Exhale. Calmer? Good, Now Read This Regarding The Brakk.

Brimir

Don't worry guys, the Brakk is still godlike. It outclasses even the Bronco Prime (which is FAR harder to get than the Brakk, trust me).

With 15%(per Pellet!) Critical Hit Chance and Status Chance you can still mod it for outrageous damage and add Blast to permanently stunlock everything to death.

You just have to treat it like, surprise surprise, any other Shotgun in the game now.

Edited by Brimir

You can't even get the Brakk now, lol.

Doesn't mean that Brakk should outclass every other weapon in the game.

As for the nerf itself, it's respectable now. Still don't like the downright broken proc chance though.

Edited by Rhorge

Meh, while it is true, there is only so much you can do with shotguns (with exception of charge attack, tigris mechanic, etc which would take more time) besides varying ranges, pellet count, and damage. For a quick fix it serves its purpose and did it well. Perhaps when less is on their plate they can go back to the more bland event weapons and jazz them up. But for now it's a nice change and I'll probably dust mine off today.

Doesn't mean that Brakk should outclass every other weapon in the game.

As for the nerf itself, it's respectable now. Still don't like the downright broken proc chance though.

That's now what I meant; I was referring to OP saying Bronco Prime was harder to get than Brakk.

That's now what I meant; I was referring to OP saying Bronco Prime was harder to get than Brakk.

Which it definitely is. You spent a weekend doing the event and you were guaranteed the Brakk.

Any of the Primes are far harder to get.

I still say damage fall off either needs to be universal (currently doesn't affect Bronco Series), or removed from Brakk in favor of status nerf

The Bronco series are already inferior to the Brakk. Don't kick someone who's down, bro.

Edited by Brimir

Which it definitely is. You spent a weekend doing the event and you were guaranteed the Brakk.

Any of the Primes are far harder to get.

The Bronco series are already inferior to the Brakk. Don't kick someone who's down, bro.

Should've had falloff anyway, it's a shotgun. There needs to be uniformity. Either all shotguns, pistol or primary, have falloff, or no pistols have falloff

Why is bronco prime even being compared to anything?

Well, it is rather obvious innit? They are both secondary shotguns, and one clearly outperforms the other in every single aspect.

Should've had falloff anyway, it's a shotgun. There needs to be uniformity. Either all shotguns, pistol or primary, have falloff, or no pistols have falloff

As long as it gets some well-deserved buff in other areas, I'd be totally cool with that. A blanket nerf simply because "the Brakk got nerfed, Bronco Prime should too" would rustle my jimmies.

Seriously rustle them.

Edited by Brimir

Well, it is rather obvious innit? They are both secondary shotguns, and one clearly outperforms the other in every single aspect.

As long as it gets some well-deserved buff in other areas, I'd be totally cool with that. A blanket nerf simply because "the Brakk got nerfed, Bronco Prime should too" would rustle my jimmies.

Seriously rustle them.

I've already proposed a proper solution in another thread, not even gonna bother quoting though.

Simply, remove the falloff from the Brakk, keeping shotty-pistol uniformity, and nerf the CRIT and status chances. That and switch the puncture and impact values as a temporary puncture shotty pistol (at some point, an actually obtainable one needs to be added regardless)

I dunno about nerfing both. You could totally keep one of them. Problem is that Brakk has both great Critical Hit and Status Chance. Combined with no dominant damage type, it was really a no-brainer to bring it to any mission regardless of what faction you were up against*.

*Pre-nerf, of course.

I dunno about nerfing both. You could totally keep one of them. Problem is that Brakk has both great Critical Hit and Status Chance. Combined with no dominant damage type, it was really a no-brainer to bring it to any mission regardless of what faction you were up against*.

*Pre-nerf, of course.

Either way, falloff wasn't the answer, and I think we can all agree with that

Simply, remove the falloff from the Brakk, keeping shotty-pistol uniformity

No. Lets keep shotty-weapons uniform and have falloff on all of them. I am tired of secondaries outclassing primaries all the time and this particular fix is a step in the right direction. If primary shotties can't do squat at range the neither should secondary.

Edited by Rhorge

Weeeell... I'm not 100% sure about that. I mean, every single Primary Shotgun has to take Falloff into account. I sorta don't see why Secondary Shotguns should get a pass.

I mean, pre-U11 the Bronco Prime was seen as pretty much a straight upgrade from any of the Primary Shotguns primarily due to the lack of Falloff.

Nope, I do not agree with that. Why bother using a sniper to take the time and carefully aim when you have the Brakk to fire off a couple shots in the same amount of time with no effort? The sniper shotgun had to go.

Weeeell... I'm not 100% sure about that. I mean, every single Primary Shotgun has to take Falloff into account. I sorta don't see why Secondary Shotguns should get a pass.

I mean, pre-U11 the Bronco Prime was seen as pretty much a straight upgrade from any of the Primary Shotguns primarily due to the lack of Falloff.

With the increased spreads, the falloff is much too damaging, making the Brakk currently an extremely impotent weapon, even with statuses

I feel it's a good step forward, but perhaps not the final solution we need. Brakk was definitely becoming a crutch and trivializing content of just about any level. Balancing was necessary to maintain game integrity.

As responsible community members, I recommend we all spend time getting to know the new Brakk and figuring out how it should be adjusted from this point.

Nope, I do not agree with that. Why bother using a sniper to take the time and carefully aim when you have the Brakk to fire off a couple shots in the same amount of time with no effort? The sniper shotgun had to go.

It's already nerfed that usability with an increased spread, falloff broke it

It's already nerfed that usability with an increased spread, falloff broke it

Uh no? Playing the Gaia Defense Mission even with the increase spread all the pellets still hit the door and the enemies coming out. If it didn't have falloff I'd still kill them immediately as they step outside the doors. Are you even playing with the gun?

Edit: This is right next to the crates by the Reactor.

Edited by Loubbo

I still say damage fall off either needs to be universal (currently doesn't affect Bronco Series), or removed from Brakk in favor of status nerf

This. This times 100. I GET that it was op. I TRULY do, and I took advantage of that. T3 survival shouldn't be that easy solo... lol.

I would rather see a 1-2% status chance per pellet and no damage fallout. The fallout being so short makes the weapon feel very... spotty. Sometimes, it will be a 1 shot, no prob from medium range. I aim for the same spot, 2-3 hits for 6-10. Very frustrating. I get that its a shotgun, but if its like every single other shotgun, it feels stale.

Uh no? Playing the Gaia Defense Mission even with the increase spread all the pellets still hit the door and the enemies coming out. If it didn't have falloff I'd still kill them immediately as they step outside the doors. Are you even playing with the gun?

Edit: This is right next to the crates by the Reactor.

Well, if that's true (not really doubting, just tried myself to be sure), where's the complaint on the Bronco? It can do the same thing, also invalidating snipers. It's not secondaries in general that invalidate snipers either. Snipers are primaries, and primary mods are seconded by secondary mods. The solution isn't to spite the secondaries and make them useless, the solution is to buff out the Primary mods

Well, if that's true (not really doubting, just tried myself to be sure), where's the complaint on the Bronco? It can do the same thing, also invalidating snipers. It's not secondaries in general that invalidate snipers either. Snipers are primaries, and primary mods are seconded by secondary mods. The solution isn't to spite the secondaries and make them useless, the solution is to buff out the Primary mods

The Bronco (and it's Prime counterpart) both have a measly 2.5 Critical Hit and Status Chance.

Noway in *bleep* they could ever perform like the Brakk.