Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Shotguns. What Is The Falloff Distance/dmg

ArmyOfFun

Pellets are too lazy to fly so far? Cuz you know, there is living weapons all around in Warframe. Maybe bullets alive too? They are tired?

Can't find any reason for damage drop-off, when there is spread already.

Just that.

They lose velocity. Therefore, they don't hit as hard. 

Shotgun pellets aren't like bullets, they're not designed to cut through wind resistance, nor can they be due to the nature of shotguns. 

My question is presented in the title.  Do the different shotgun's have a variety of distances where falloff damage takes place?  I could not find anything to look at via wiki.  If you could list them please do so.

I believe they do, generally it seems that the tighter the spread is, the longer it takes before fall off hits or the longer it takes for falloff to maximize. 

One or the other and maybe both.

Brakk's starts at 10m, and is down to its minimum damage at 20m if I read the hotfix correctly. 

Pellets are too lazy to fly so far? Cuz you know, there is living weapons all around in Warframe. Maybe bullets alive too? They are tired?

Can't find any reason for damage drop-off, when there is spread already.

Just that.

pretty sure those are shards or some kind of tiny balls that lose velocity way faster than your regular aerodynamic bullet. That's what I heard about shotguns in real life, but I think only some shotguns in warframe should follow this.

They lose velocity. Therefore, they don't hit as hard. 

Shotgun pellets aren't like bullets, they're not designed to cut through wind resistance, nor can they be due to the nature of shotguns. 

I believe they do, generally it seems that the tighter the spread is, the longer it takes before fall off hits or the longer it takes for falloff to maximize. 

One or the other and maybe both.

Indeed.

Of course video game fall off is pretty dang severe compared to the real thing.

I know they do it for balances purposes but I think they get carried away with it sometimes.

My question is presented in the title.  Do the different shotgun's have a variety of distances where falloff damage takes place?  I could not find anything to look at via wiki.  If you could list them please do so.

Data in U9.6.1, shouldn't have changed.

Boar    [15.00, 25.00]

Hek     [20.00, 30.00]

Sobek [20.00, 30.00]

Strun   [15.00, 25.00]

Pattern for primary shotgun those with tight spread get [20.00, 30.00], those wider spread get [15.00, 25.00].

Therefore, if to speculate/guess

Boar prime    [15.00, 25.00]

Strun Wraith  [15.00, 25.00]

Tigris             [20.00, 30.00]

Yes, this mean Brakk has worse dmg falloff than primaries.

Edited by Definitegj

Boar prime    [15.00, 25.00]

Strun Wraith  [15.00, 25.00]

Tigris             [20.00, 30.00]

Yes, this mean Brakk has worse dmg falloff than primaries.

I find the Strun Wraith has a spread a little tighter than even the regular strun. It might be the longer tier or a tier between the two but other than that these seem likely. 

And maybe the Tigris actually has a longer falloff but I'm not sure.