Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make The Brakk Slashing

fatpig84

Then release another Shotgun pistol that does puncture.

Leave Bronco as Impact and as the shotgun pistol sniper of the game.

But with Brakk being slashing, means it will be use ideally at it's intended ranges against infested.

Win win so now every shotgun pistol can fill their own niche.

Edited by fatpig84

I agree with this sentiment entirely. We already have the bronco and bronco prime as impact pistol-shotguns. Puncture just does not feel right, as the damage type is so prevalent within the arsenal. A slash damage pistol shotgun? Brings variety and the Brakk will still be useful regardless, due to it's even damage type dispersal.

Makes sense. The Detron being a Corpus weapon can follow the Supra and Cestra in having mostly puncture damage, the Brakk can be changed into a slash type (and possibly made available again through clantech), and the Bronco series can focus on impact.

Makes sense. The Detron being a Corpus weapon can follow the Supra and Cestra in having mostly puncture damage, the Brakk can be changed into a slash type (and possibly made available again through clantech), and the Bronco series can focus on impact.

You can see the Detron in the codex.  It is pure radiation damage.

I support a lean to either puncture or slash.  As you said Bronco already has impact covered.

Edited by Rankless

Then release another Shotgun pistol that does puncture.

Leave Bronco as Impact and as the shotgun pistol sniper of the game.

But with Brakk being slashing, means it will be use ideally at it's intended ranges against infested.

Win win so now every shotgun pistol can fill their own niche.

The reason they made it Impact, is because they wanted "maximum nerf", and they know Impact is the very worst damage type out there, period.

With such a ridiculously short range, they knew that Infested would be the only good thing to use this gun on after nerf, and what better way to nerf it to the ground than to give it the worst damage type, especially the one that does less damage to Infested?

They obviously don't want us to use the Brakk at all; nobody is going to get up to 10m while fighting Corpus, that's a recipe to get turned into swiss cheese by laser fire from all directions.

And you're certainly not going to want to get to close range with Grineer given all of their stuns and knockdowns.

So what does that leave? Infested. And they knew that Impact does practically no damage to Infested. Makes perfect sense that they wanted to nerf the Brakk so hard that people will stop using it.

The reason they made it Impact, is because they wanted "maximum nerf", and they know Impact is the very worst damage type out there, period.

With such a ridiculously short range, they knew that Infested would be the only good thing to use this gun on after nerf, and what better way to nerf it to the ground than to give it the worst damage type, especially the one that does less damage to Infested?

They obviously don't want us to use the Brakk at all; nobody is going to get up to 10m while fighting Corpus, that's a recipe to get turned into swiss cheese by laser fire from all directions.

And you're certainly not going to want to get to close range with Grineer given all of their stuns and knockdowns.

So what does that leave? Infested. And they knew that Impact does practically no damage to Infested. Makes perfect sense that they wanted to nerf the Brakk so hard that people will stop using it.

Bleh give DE sometime on this :p

Although I am pretty certain there is no way they are going to revert the range changes.

Explain to me why you people think that the massive stat reduction of 5 (50 to 45) to the slash damage somehow destroyed the Brakk's viability on Infested? Or on the already relatively high base damage of each damage type remains unchanged all in all in comparison to other secondaries. Not to mention you still have the good crit as well as insane proc chance that STILL procs regardless of falloff (easily allowing you to get close with Blast, Cold, etc cc). You are just whining for the sake of whining now for a weapon that is still amazing.

Explain to me why you people think that the massive stat reduction of 5 (50 to 45) to the slash damage somehow destroyed the Brakk's viability on Infested? Or on the already relatively high base damage of each damage type remains unchanged all in all in comparison to other secondaries. Not to mention you still have the good crit as well as insane proc chance that STILL procs regardless of falloff (easily allowing you to get close with Blast, Cold, etc cc). You are just whining for the sake of whining now for a weapon that is still amazing.

Physical damage procs currently seems to favor which ever physical damage has the largest figure.

I seen this all the time with my Latron Prime (21% chance to proc) which has a huge huge Puncture damage and piddly others.

Switching over to slash means there is a greater chance for everything to bleed uncontrollably as a DOT which is hella useful against infested especially with Seeker.

Also my main argument is this, we have enough impact based pistol shotguns.

We already have dual broncos, bronco and Bronco Prime for that. That is 3 guns.

Why not let us use Slash instead ?

Edited by fatpig84

Physical damage procs currently seems to favor which ever physical damage has the largest figure.

I seen this all the time with my Latron Prime (21% chance to proc) which has a huge huge Puncture damage and piddly others.

Switching over to slash means there is a greater chance for everything to bleed uncontrollably as a DOT which is hella useful against infested especially with Seeker.

Also my main argument is this, we have enough impact based pistol shotguns.

We already have dual broncos, bronco and Bronco Prime for that. That is 3 guns.

Why not let us use Slash instead ?

So... You guys don't want the extra proc chance of impact stun to compensate for the new falloff and just want "MOAR DAMAGE!"? Right... I really really don't understand you people.

So... You guys don't want the extra proc chance of impact stun to compensate for the new falloff and just want "MOAR DAMAGE!"? Right... I really really don't understand you people.

If Blast already knocks down enemies, why do I need impact which in all sense inferior ?

Edited by fatpig84

For heat and other elements that give better damage/aoe potential?

Against infested, Heat is the best element.

However pistol have 2 freeze mods.

So this is the biggest game changer for them (like rifles packing 2 fire mods).

So pistol will always deal more blast damage than heat damage against infested, even after modifers.

My brakk setup as it goes is 2 forma.

Hornet strike, Barrel D, Lethal Torrent, Seeker, Heated Charge, Ice storm and Deep freeze.

That is 7 mods. With 4 points left over. 

if i add more forma, I can shoe horn in Corrosive by dropping Deep freeze.

And adding Convulsion and Pathogen. Wow more damage against Infested without reduction, but zero bonus modifiers.

But is it worth it ? 

I would certainly not use this gun against the grineer, except when I am using loki. 

Who wants to get that close to them unless you spam CC ?

And I already have a better gun than the Brakk for handling the Grineer.

Edited by fatpig84

Bleh give DE sometime on this :p

Although I am pretty certain there is no way they are going to revert the range changes.

We are not exactly suggesting they revert any changes at all. We are simply asking for the damage focus to shift from Impact, to slashing.

Because the Bronco and Bronco prime already has the impact dominion. The gun does not deserve the fate of competing with the Brakk. Especially as the Bronco prime receiver seems impossible to get at the moment.

We want a non impact based hand cannon.  The next potential weapon to act in the same manner as a secondary is Detron which is pure radiation damage.  The Bronco series covers impact, so we are requesting them to look at a puncture or slash lean to differentiate it.

We are not exactly suggesting they revert any changes at all. We are simply asking for the damage focus to shift from Impact, to slashing.

Because the Bronco and Bronco prime already has the impact dominion. The gun does not deserve the fate of competing with the Brakk. Especially as the Bronco prime receiver seems impossible to get at the moment.

yep that is my initial Op as well.