Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gorgon In Damage 2.0

Garuger

It's still a pain to level up though (just starting re-leveling this thing), god it takes forever just to get this thing up to decency, but it'll all be worth it (hopefully). Regardless,they really should bring this thing back to the market or even clan research (hopefully with a slight damage buff too) seeing as it now has itself a niche of it's own unlike damage 1.0.

PS: Aesthetically, I kinda wish the bullets were a bit more "visible", like in this video:

right now I just feel like I'm shooting an incredibly slow, large, automatic pistol. I wanna see a literal torrent of bullets coming out of this thing.

The gorgon is a lovely weapon when you forma it. In it's own way Damage 2.0 have taken most weapons and made them viable. Only the lowest of base damage equipment struggle to perform. I would as an example like to see the Grakata get 1 or 2 more damage in every damage type. The current low amount does not scale well with percentage boosts.

And remember, the gorgon is still a login reward. I have gotten about five blueprints since they removed it. Despite buying it when it actually was on the market.

The gorgon is a lovely weapon when you forma it. In it's own way Damage 2.0 have taken most weapons and made them viable. Only the lowest of base damage equipment struggle to perform. I would as an example like to see the Grakata get 1 or 2 more damage in every damage type. The current low amount does not scale well with percentage boosts.

And remember, the gorgon is still a login reward. I have gotten about five blueprints since they removed it. Despite buying it when it actually was on the market.

Damage 2.0 made more weapons more viable and more lore friendly .For example Grineer weapons have great impact vs Corpus while Corpus weapons have more puncture for Grineer and Warframe weapons are more for infested / Grineer while infested eapons are kinda useless i guess XD

What builts are you using is the question

Please see "Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet" in the Players Helping Players subforum.  It's stickied.

In my calculations, I focus on Corrosive first and then Blast if possible.  If I really wanted to focus on anti-shields, I would have used Magnetic, but because I'm consistent, the performance of the Gorgon relative to the Soma or Supra would go unchanged if they were all moved over to Magnetic builds.

Still got my Gorgon (and 8 BP's from dailies...).

I use it once in a while just for its sound and feel, but my Supra is the gun I take to any serious battle.

If you want to see one of the most beautiful things you can do with your Supra. Go to the Halloween colours, then in the far left column, choose the whitest possible alternative down in the greens. This is a pure gold colour when used as energy. When you use this with the supra, you blot out the enemies in a sea of incandescent gold.

Please see "Damage 2.0 Spreadsheet" in the Players Helping Players subforum.  It's stickied.

In my calculations, I focus on Corrosive first and then Blast if possible.  If I really wanted to focus on anti-shields, I would have used Magnetic, but because I'm consistent, the performance of the Gorgon relative to the Soma or Supra would go unchanged if they were all moved over to Magnetic builds.

Soma crits that high and does not do flat damage as Gorgon does

Soma crits that high and does not do flat damage as Gorgon does

The base damage of the Gorgon is obviously much higher, but on average (because a modded Soma is usually critting), the Soma is doing more damage per shot.  In the build I currently have on my spreadsheet (I've been changing and tweaking the builds on the Supra, Soma, and Gorgon a lot due to the controversies around the three), the Gorgon does about .4% more damage per shot on average than the Soma, but the Soma has a higher rate which makes it still win overall.

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

The base damage of the Gorgon is obviously much higher, but on average (because a modded Soma is usually critting), the Soma is doing more damage per shot.  In the build I currently have on my spreadsheet (I've been changing and tweaking the builds on the Supra, Soma, and Gorgon a lot due to the controversies around the three), the Gorgon does about .4% more damage per shot on average than the Soma, but the Soma has a higher rate which makes it still win overall.

THis argument wont lead anywhere expect if i have all 3 weapons with exact same build vs the exact same enemy .

I will keep Gorgon over Soma (even thought  have used it ) for various reasons primarly Gorgon looks like a submarine , is fun to use ,

requires good judgment at some point when to fully unload it because of the huge reload while Soma is just crit nothing else .

That is the only thing that Soma has over Gorgon / Supra and 2 V V (which make no sense at all ) .

However you never told me what you are using with all your fancy maths you must have found the perfectly balanced built for primary/

secondary/meelee / sentinel :D

THis argument wont lead anywhere expect if i have all 3 weapons with exact same build vs the exact same enemy .

I will keep Gorgon over Soma (even thought  have used it ) for various reasons primarly Gorgon looks like a submarine , is fun to use ,

requires good judgment at some point when to fully unload it because of the huge reload while Soma is just crit nothing else .

That is the only thing that Soma has over Gorgon / Supra and 2 V V (which make no sense at all ) .

However you never told me what you are using with all your fancy maths you must have found the perfectly balanced built for primary/

secondary/meelee / sentinel :D

...  I told you where to find the thread.  In the thread is a link to the spreadsheet that has all the numbers in it.

And the Gorgon and Supra have the same build (base DPS build+Corrosive and Blast) while the Soma has a slightly different build (base DPS build+Corrosive+Point Strike+Vital Sense).

...  I told you where to find the thread.  In the thread is a link to the spreadsheet that has all the numbers in it.

And the Gorgon and Supra have the same build (base DPS build+Corrosive and Blast) while the Soma has a slightly different build (base DPS build+Corrosive+Point Strike+Vital Sense).

And i will tell you again. it does no matter what is the most op weapon atm but  what you have more fun with

I have to admit Since Damage 2.0 i have been going through the collection to test out and see what guns can finally come back into the fray and the Gorgon really has finally come back. It's been out of action for so long i was starting to think i would never use it again, but here it is...

Is it the best gun around, .. maybe not... does it bring back what it had before... yes and in spades... I would recommend this beast to any one that gets the chance. It's not always about the "maths" game people there is that element of fun that some people still like. For me I enjoy using it alot :D

You can still get it as a long in reward.  I agree that it should be put back in as a Mastery rank 2 weapon.  It has its place, even if it's not as good as the Soma.  It's one of the funnest weapons to use, whether or not DPS-wise it's top tier.

Just tested Gorgon (no forma) against lvl 50 Corpus. Does pretty well with Magnetic and Heat.

I wonder if it's going to be better then my Supra (against Corpus) if I forma it a few times as well.

I'd love to see how the loadout bellow would perform against lvl 50 corpus.

Loadout:

-Max Serration

-Max Split Chamber

-Max Rupture

-Max Stormbringer

-Max Cryo Rounds (goes with Stormbringer for the Magnetic modifier)

-Max Hellfire

-Max Wildfire

-Max Point Strike